A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »NEW Metroid Online Mapping Team Recruiting!

Author Topic: NEW Metroid Online Mapping Team Recruiting! (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 01:22 PM    Msg. 1 of 17       
the title says it all!

for those of you who haven't been watching the ModHalo forum page for MOMT, i have taken over the project of bringing Metroid to Halo CE and I am working on putting together a new team

I am looking for people who:

are familiar with the Metroid series in some way (if not, there are ways to get screen shots
and such)

and have intermediate to advanced modeling/tagging/scripting/animating skills in Halo CE
(i would like some examples as proof of the above for reference. i already had 2 ppl
attempt to apply with newbie/no skills. sorry guys but not yet!!!)

if any1 is interested in applying, PM me!

also, i am still working on a Magmoor Caverns map. here is a screenshot

btw ^that is still a work in progress... i am totally aware of collision problems
Edited by Nebulon on Jan 29, 2009 at 01:44 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 04:23 PM    Msg. 2 of 17       
There are still people that were in team originally, like Kirby. I do not think they would want someone else, just starting a new team without permission.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 05:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
There are still people that were in team originally, like Kirby. I do not think they would want someone else, just starting a new team without permission.

Seraphim acualy did give the project to him.. although he has had a few secound thoughts after todays conversation... (ill cut a few peices out that are just me and him talking inbetween, and quotes from me and this guys xfire convo are in BROWN)

Quote: Ĩ_422 says:
Ĩ_422: What is your feild in HCE anyways?... cause you dont exactly seem to understand much.
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: aah...mostly concept and basic modelling and tagging, i dont understand scrripting very much and some advanced tagging is...

Seraphim says:
so he pretty much is a slacker
Ĩ_422 says:
he aperntly doesnt have any skills..
Seraphim says:
because I could teach a 4 year old to tag, and "basic modeling" usually means "I know how to boolean primitives"
Ĩ_422 says:
So, it seems he preaty much wants to take what is already made, and use it how ever he pleases... like any other tag ripping newb does.. oh well.. acleast he doesnt seem like hes gonna give the tags out openly.. and hopefully he can get himself a good team to acleast make good BSPs.. (cause really, we have already made everything anyways.)
Seraphim says:
right, except all the additional weapons lag was working on.. and the melee system

{PHENDRONA TALK}

Ĩ_422 says:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23727 ... somebody really should tell him about BSP collision stuff..
Seraphim says:
that is quite sad

{MORE CONVERSARION ON PHENDRONA}

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: tell him what i told you about how long ive been here around halo if u havent already
Ĩ_422 says:
Soo.,..
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: the reason i dont know as much is i only started PLAYING halo about a year ago
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: mayb a year and a half

Seraphim says:
sigh
Seraphim says:
I've played Halo since 04.. >_>
Ĩ_422 says:
I dont see why he WANTED me to specialy inform you of that..
Ĩ_422 says:
thats not exactly the kinda thing you want to spread around..
Seraphim says:
thanks for letting me realize how stupid I was to give him the map.. sigh
Seraphim says:
he's on right now, right?
Ĩ_422 says:
on Xfire, yes.
Seraphim says:
oh ok, crap, he doesnt have msn or aim?
Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: ....
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: my parents are kinda strict about that
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: only ppl i personally know
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: they actually dont know much about xfire
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: except gaming chat
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: what does he need to tell me?

Seraphim says:
I might be working on the mod again
Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: really?
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: i can always demote to assistant/ team member if he returns

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: let him return to team leader
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: if he wants

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: well i g2g like now b4 my mom gets mad
Seraphim says:
LOL
Seraphim says:
I don't want to boss people around again, I actually want to get some stuff done this time
Seraphim says:
I'll see if I have some free time to dedicate before I make that decision

idk how seraphim will respond to me posting that much of the chat.. but anyways.. seraphim might be back if he has some time, and im working on my own stuff for the time being.. nebulon truely is labeled as the leader right now, but.. I dont exactly seeing him having any autority over anybody with the comment he made in the chat.. about the time hes been at HCE compared to the rest of us.

Advancebo

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 05:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
k :V

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 05:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 17       
WOW, that kid is an idiot.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 06:00 PM    Msg. 6 of 17       
yeah, why is he taking over command again?

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 06:20 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
yeah, why is he taking over command again?

Cause, seraphim didnt think he had the time (which he is re-considering after today), and I dont know much other than on the forums offical to this team, this guy seemed dedicated, and thats probly why seraphim belived in him.. Lets just hope this guy can improve soon.. (I had some preaty low expectations for him.. but he acualy feel under them today..)

Anyways, just accept this kid.. even if he is the person labeled as leader, it doesnt really matter.. in truth... all a team leader needs is dedication, a plan, and people capable of doing it.. and the ablity to control the people hes the boss over (this guy definatly lacks that part lol, if he could acualy DO SOMETHING he might have some control over who ever he recruits..)

anyways.. ill be teaching this kid I guess while I work solo.. only real isue is, timezones..
(also, isnt that an awfuly hot tree compared to that ground? lol, and the grunt.. his colors are a little off in thermal, but oh well..)

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 03:05 AM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

Seraphim acualy did give the project to him.. although he has had a few secound thoughts after todays conversation... (ill cut a few peices out that are just me and him talking inbetween, and quotes from me and this guys xfire convo are in BROWN)

Quote: Ĩ_422 says:
Ĩ_422: What is your feild in HCE anyways?... cause you dont exactly seem to understand much.
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: aah...mostly concept and basic modelling and tagging, i dont understand scrripting very much and some advanced tagging is...

Seraphim says:
so he pretty much is a slacker
Ĩ_422 says:
he aperntly doesnt have any skills..
Seraphim says:
because I could teach a 4 year old to tag, and "basic modeling" usually means "I know how to boolean primitives"
Ĩ_422 says:
So, it seems he preaty much wants to take what is already made, and use it how ever he pleases... like any other tag ripping newb does.. oh well.. acleast he doesnt seem like hes gonna give the tags out openly.. and hopefully he can get himself a good team to acleast make good BSPs.. (cause really, we have already made everything anyways.)
Seraphim says:
right, except all the additional weapons lag was working on.. and the melee system

{PHENDRONA TALK}

Ĩ_422 says:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23727 ... somebody really should tell him about BSP collision stuff..
Seraphim says:
that is quite sad

{MORE CONVERSARION ON PHENDRONA}

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: tell him what i told you about how long ive been here around halo if u havent already
Ĩ_422 says:
Soo.,..
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: the reason i dont know as much is i only started PLAYING halo about a year ago
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: mayb a year and a half

Seraphim says:
sigh
Seraphim says:
I've played Halo since 04.. >_>
Ĩ_422 says:
I dont see why he WANTED me to specialy inform you of that..
Ĩ_422 says:
thats not exactly the kinda thing you want to spread around..
Seraphim says:
thanks for letting me realize how stupid I was to give him the map.. sigh
Seraphim says:
he's on right now, right?
Ĩ_422 says:
on Xfire, yes.
Seraphim says:
oh ok, crap, he doesnt have msn or aim?
Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: ....
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: my parents are kinda strict about that
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: only ppl i personally know
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: they actually dont know much about xfire
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: except gaming chat
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: what does he need to tell me?

Seraphim says:
I might be working on the mod again
Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: really?
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: i can always demote to assistant/ team member if he returns

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: let him return to team leader
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: if he wants

Ĩ_422 says:
(HlDA)Fleetmaster Nebulon: well i g2g like now b4 my mom gets mad
Seraphim says:
LOL
Seraphim says:
I don't want to boss people around again, I actually want to get some stuff done this time
Seraphim says:
I'll see if I have some free time to dedicate before I make that decision

idk how seraphim will respond to me posting that much of the chat.. but anyways.. seraphim might be back if he has some time, and im working on my own stuff for the time being.. nebulon truely is labeled as the leader right now, but.. I dont exactly seeing him having any autority over anybody with the comment he made in the chat.. about the time hes been at HCE compared to the rest of us.

this was unkind and unnecessary kirby. every one is a "kid" at one point... which is mostly until they leave for college...

ive had people go off topic b4, but this is insane

and when i said "basic modelling" that meant i know how to model things, just not advanced stuff like high detailed bipeds for example.

and stop calling me a kid!!! if i remember correctly, you are the same age as i am. and i dont have any thoughts on "bossing" people. joining is voluntary. i will make everything myself if i need to...

and for your information, i was planning on metroid maps and stuff since the first time i learned about halo ce and was excited when i heard about the old Metroid Online Mapping Team and what they were working on.

AT LEAST I'VE BEEN TRYING! REMEMBER THAT IN OUR CONVERSATION KIRBY?
Edited by Nebulon on Jan 30, 2009 at 03:39 AM

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 05:59 AM    Msg. 9 of 17       
I'll make a Metriod Bsp if you supply me lots of references.

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 06:33 AM    Msg. 10 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo
I'll make a Metriod Bsp if you supply me lots of references.

would drawings do?

kirby_422

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 12:01 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nebulon
this was unkind and unnecessary kirby. every one is a "kid" at one point... which is mostly until they leave for college...

{blah}

I never directly commented about you, I rather mentioned the lowness of some of your statistics and left it to trail off to their imagination.. its true I dont acualy have much faith in you lol, but I never acualy insalted you (I was acualy trying to explain the situation as equalty to both parties).. just made comments about how nobody is really gonna listin to someone that new when they have been here that long, etc.

Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
Anyways, just accept this kid.. even if he is the person labeled as leader, it doesnt really matter.. in truth... all a team leader needs is dedication, a plan, and people capable of doing it.. and the ablity to control the people hes the boss over (this guy definatly lacks that part lol, if he could acualy DO SOMETHING he might have some control over who ever he recruits..)

{picture}
anyways.. ill be teaching this kid I guess while I work solo.. only real isue is, timezones..
(also, isnt that an awfuly hot tree compared to that ground? lol, and the grunt.. his colors are a little off in thermal, but oh well..)

I acualy have been suportive of you.. I said you had dedication, a plan, people capable of doing things, but then I said you lack the ability to hold authority over them just because they will referance to things for what ever reason, you really wanted seraphim to know. I even said that I would be teaching you, so I really dont see how im being the big bad bully.. and about you having an isue being called kid.. your aditude is proving it true.. this is the internet.. you can think your answer threw as much as you would like.

SonicXtr3me

"Wake me when you need me"

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 12:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nebulon

Edited by Nebulon on Jan 30, 2009 at 03:39 AM

Kirby works for many other mapping teams , not all of his time can be spent on Metroid stuff , saying that hes not trying is not an understatement , its offensive as he does good work for so many people and helps the community so much , i would like to see you try something similar , your the same age as him after all right?

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 12:24 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
eh? i never said anything about having a problem holding authority, or call you a bully

could we just go back on topic here please?
Edited by Nebulon on Jan 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM

SonicXtr3me

Posted: Jan 30, 2009 01:17 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
that was my topic josh lol

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:24 AM    Msg. 15 of 17       
well i have been working on fixing geometry errors in the detail parts of the map, so it hasn't changed much in size or shape (besides all the stupid messed up edges), but i am almost done with the first room
i will begin the next room shortly

and i am still looking for someone who is good at getting custom biped models to work, bcuz i have a zs samus model waiting( again!) !

SonicXtr3me

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 03:18 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
would that Zero suit samus be the brawl one i gave seraphim ages ago?

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 03:36 AM    Msg. 17 of 17       
um, he never told me about anything like that and he didnt give me one either, so no. it is a SSBB model though that some1 posted in some .fbx format (i think that is what it was) that i took and through a long process of programs, converted it into .3ds. the model itself needs some fixing up, due to certain parts not being connected. i tried to do it myself, but the final product of that didn't compile so i need some1 to look at it for me and fix it up

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu July 18, 2019 12:24 PM 375 ms.
A Halo Maps Website