A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »New ODST machinima (Voice actors wanted)

Author Topic: New ODST machinima (Voice actors wanted) (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 06:13 AM    Msg. 1 of 17       
Well this is more an impulsive machinima, but I'm looking for voice actors (not kiddies lol) to voice my ODST characters. There is no dialogue yet since i don't know how much actors i can get.
To start off, first eps are gonna be nothing more but convo's, with some random walking and stuff, as i want to see how smooth this goes for the voice actors.
(oh and because i want to show off my walking + lowering weapons script lol)

Those models are going to be used, all textures were made by [BP] Caboose.

I'll see how much people are interested in voice acting, only voice acting, i have a clan for the rest of the aspects of the movie.

E1: Here's the plan:
ODSTrangers (strangers, get the joke? xD ok that was lame...)
Actors:
Sarge (me), Caboose, Hunter, Cheerio, SymbolQ (my sis)
2 will be ODST (me and caboose probably) 1 will be an Elite (Halo 2 elite) and the rest of the roles are yet undecided as we want some reserve for eventual future episode ideas.
Voice actors: Me, Nebula, Slayer 117 and Caboose. Lyla will voice SymbolQ's character.
Filming will be done by me, filming in HD and in Widescreen, aswell as the Video editing.
I have about 70 episodes of experience, so you don't need to worry about that ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaNdgYSO48
An example, it's not widescreen ANYMORE since youtube wanted to save some space, and my vid was about 3 gb =/ (I can upload 10 gb max)
Also note it's very old, things have changed alot, especially when it comes to the new machinima stuff i have avaible =D

Edited by BeachParty clan on Feb 6, 2009 at 05:38 AM

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 04:31 AM    Msg. 2 of 17       
wow nice pic. ill give it a shot, but i refuse to use any abusive language

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 06:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nebulon

Great =) and no, i won't be shouting all sort of random crap, we're not 12y old anymore, good episodes don't consist of [censored] and [censored], we're decent people =P

Textures and Scripts have been updated, aswell as the overall machinima map layout I made, you've come at the right time =D

I will release it soon so that we can discuss the stuff, do you have msn or xfire?

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 03:51 AM    Msg. 4 of 17       
xfire= fleetmasternebulon

...and, lol, another nice shot! is he guarding the base or leaving it? if he is leaving, put him looking towards it from his pose and u'll have another awesome shot

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 08:39 AM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Great =) and no, i won't be shouting all sort of random crap, we're not 12y old anymore, good episodes don't consist of [censored] and [censored], we're decent people =P

Textures and Scripts have been updated, aswell as the overall machinima map layout I made, you've come at the right time =D

I will release it soon so that we can discuss the stuff, do you have msn or xfire?

fuel rod 3p animations look better with it.

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 4, 2009 10:02 AM    Msg. 6 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: black doom
fuel rod 3p animations look better with it.

Actually it IS using the fual rod 3rd person anims =P

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 5, 2009 09:53 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Hey i would be glad to voice in your show!

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 05:13 AM    Msg. 8 of 17       
great, do you have msn or xfire? I have a movie script set up for a general idea and recorded the first half episode, so the ODST trailer comes up, it drops, then we go to halo in new mombasa and make a sequal on the trailer starting from the droppod (I just got the model for the droppod aswell) after gathering we'll make an enounter with several elites, but in a comedy style, plans will be laid out later as I'm currently typing this during ANW lol.
Also, the machinima map V3 is being worked on, I'll have it done this weekend, but we can film several scenes on V2 already ^_^

I've been working on new film effects and animations, we can now dive, signal, warn, walk, lower weapon in 3 ways, walk unarmed, too much to mention! =P
I don't need any comment like "wtf why 3 types of lowering weapon? useless!" as we don't need it for GAMEPLAY, but for machinima it will look cool instead of constantly the same repeating move.

Also, the FEAR 2 HUD I've been working for is meant for those action shots where we film rare first person shots:

Any new ideas to improve for the hud is also appreciated.

Oh and to make things clear, this is the plan:
ODSTrangers (strangers, get the joke? xD ok that was lame...)
Actors:
Sarge (me), Caboose, Hunter, Cheerio, SymbolQ (my sis)
2 will be ODST (me and caboose probably) 1 will be an Elite (Halo 2 elite) and the rest of the roles are yet undecided as we want some reserve for eventual future episode ideas.
Voice actors: Me, Nebula, Slayer 117 and Caboose. Lyla will voice SymbolQ's character.
Filming will be done by me, filming in HD and in Widescreen, aswell as the Video editing.
I have about 70 episodes of experience, so you don't need to worry about that ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaNdgYSO48
An example, it's not widescreen ANYMORE since youtube wanted to save some space, and my vid was about 3 gb =/ (I can upload 10 gb max)
Also note it's very old, things have changed alot, especially when it comes to the new machinima stuff i have avaible =D
Wonder if I get halo 3, would I get Recon? lol jk.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Feb 6, 2009 at 05:34 AM

Nebulon

I am a noble warrior!

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 05:31 AM    Msg. 9 of 17       
i just need to find my microphone...

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 6, 2009 05:36 AM    Msg. 10 of 17       
i just need to find my microphone...

About tips for voice recording, I've found out after alot of tries, that you can avoid the "wheese" that annoying static breathing in the mic, by putting a simple 1 layer of toilet paper loosely over the microphone, be sure it's all around it by using an elastic or so, it's really helpfull for better quality recordings! =)

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 08:27 AM    Msg. 11 of 17       
Sure, all the sound we can get is welcome, what is your msn or xfire?

Also, the FEAR 2 HUD for the machinima is done, for whenever we need a firefight scene in first person.

Still working on a first person animation file of iron sights like CoD series and the likes.

Oh, and the script for the first episode is *drumrolls*
Intro from a spartan rendering, followed by a bit shortened ODST trailer from bungie,
then we continue where the ODST got out of the droppod. We gather untill we find ourselfes with
2 ODST's (voiced by you 2 guys) and a little discussion about the lack of quality and money spent on the transportation and the likes, then at the end, an elite sneaks up with a sword, and roars behind both of you, where you will both turn around, then a black screen and credits roll.

episode 2 will be a comedic convo, a twist to what is expected to happen =P
That, is how the new serie will start off. =)

Oh, sneak peak of the elite i made:

Original model by malolo420, the textures and the rest by me and caboose.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Feb 7, 2009 at 09:27 AM

SABER

Epic fail guy.

Posted: Feb 7, 2009 09:59 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
ill be one =D

Zuka7

Wort Wort Wort

Posted: Feb 22, 2009 08:58 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
ill be a voice actor preferably for an elite
PM me if interested (:}{
Edited by Zuka7 on Feb 22, 2009 at 09:00 PM

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 07:15 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
I'm still working on the maps, but ehm, I lost the script for the machinima =/ *all.5.facepalms*

But the trailer has been up for a short while now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdSGG_Rvng

So, tehhaloshow has been working on a new one, but it's just 1 ep he got so far that doesn't describe that much of the whole storyline...
Any ideas would be appreciated, as the stuff I made for it so far has costed me alot of effort =P

Here's the old machinima map:
Q (flashlight) is lowering weapon and walking, just bump possess some people on the ledge up high if you want to check out more characters
Also note, it's an old map, the new one has alot more stuff but it's still in progress

SABER

Epic fail guy.

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 07:27 PM    Msg. 15 of 17       
you know i am on the forums =p

btw im tehhaloshow... i prefer you use saber though =P

oh and btw i am workin on a new script and i still need those audio files from you.
Edited by SABER on Feb 28, 2009 at 07:28 PM

BeachParty clan

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 07:48 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
oh sorry xD

yea i'll send those audio files when i have time, just ran through my mail, got some new models ingame, and i'm working on the halo 3 odst =D

SABER

Epic fail guy.

Posted: Mar 1, 2009 05:42 PM    Msg. 17 of 17       
=D

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 6, 2020 1:55 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website