A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Calling all modelers!

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next
Author Topic: Calling all modelers! (128 messages, Page 1 of 4)
Moderators: Dennis

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 06:31 PM    Msg. 1 of 128       
Okay,

I am looking for some good modelers to help out with the movie Halo: The Fall of Reach.

We are having some difficulties finishing the models for the movie, mainly vehicles.

Whoever wants to help will get credit, in the credits of the movie, and depending on how the movie works out, maybe in the beginning credits at the beginning of the movie.

I am not asking for a "no", but I will except any help given, we need it, its mostly adding small detail.

(Average time frame for a vehicle's completion: 2 months) and that's just detailing a warthog model, not remodeling the entire thing.

We can accept any other help too :)

Just please don't flood this thread with insults, backtalk, or degrading remarks or comments, it isn't proving anything.

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 07:25 PM    Msg. 2 of 128       
I would but I have big doubts about this happening. Since you have proven your ignorance with anything "halo" before.
No this is not a insult, just show us some proof that this is going to get done.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 1, 2009 07:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLS_GRUNT
I would but I have big doubts about this happening. Since you have proven your ignorance with anything "halo" before.
No this is not a insult, just show us some proof that this is going to get done.

Proof is for those who have faith, I see none in you. *stating the obvious is fun*

But patients brings product, so sit and wait, I am merely asking for help in the modeling, to move things a long a bit faster, and since you have no say so in this project, proof is reserved for those who wait.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 07:17 AM    Msg. 4 of 128       
This will not be released.

/Thread

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 07:24 AM    Msg. 5 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D

/Thread
Go play in traffic.

I would help but I am already in a team and on top of that, im in a SA-MP Dev team

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 04:41 PM    Msg. 6 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Destroyer
im guessing this 'film' will be done we sketchup models

anyways show your work or else noone will join

Who the heck, making a movie, would show the models to get people to help? why not tell them what the movie's ending is too?

Think before you post, and use your "good" common sense.

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 04:54 PM    Msg. 7 of 128       

/Thread

You're a moron. I see progress in this. In-fact, I was actually a part of this. (I don't know if I still am :P) Because I'm grounded I can't get on :l)

All you do is talk the talk, you can't walk yet bud. Maybe grow up?

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 05:11 PM    Msg. 8 of 128       
That looks like Halo 2 textures on a Halo 1 biped, but the model, maybe, but we actually are going to make the characters bodies' first, then add the parts of the armor surrounding them, so we have removable, and attachable armor.

Dr Pepper And 7up Inc

deactivated

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 05:13 PM    Msg. 9 of 128       
are you gonna post that in every topic

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 05:15 PM    Msg. 10 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dr Pepper And 7up Inc
are you gonna post that in every topic

Back to topic

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 07:21 PM    Msg. 11 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: commanderfarvel
could you use this biped?

That thing looks hideous, absolutely not, that will make market sales drop through the floor

DarkHalo003

All ARs Need Green Little Buttons.

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 07:24 PM    Msg. 12 of 128       
1.) That is one of the ugliest UVW jobs I've ever seen.
2.) It looks like you shoved MC in a large bucket of vaceline or some other glossy crap.
3.) Some of those UVWs don't even match.
4.) Shaders are awful.
5.) Stop posting that picture in every thread your walk into. I don't care how proud you are but it really isn't anything to be publicly proud about. There are so many ways it could be better, some of them being to remove those awful bitmaps and fix the shaders.

If anyone would like to say that this project won't happen because you say it won't, please learn how to act in public. It's simply childish and is a very immature way to give your opinion.
Edited by DarkHalo003 on Feb 2, 2009 at 07:26 PM

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 08:37 PM    Msg. 13 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
You made that biped look like a deformed grizzly bear.

BACK TO SUBJECT PEOPLE

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 08:43 PM    Msg. 14 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer
Which subject? The subject of how your movie-to-be will never be done, or the fact you will never get any modelers without some previous work shown that will actually make someone interested.

no, no, just be quiet, no, no, just, no. Back to Subject

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 08:50 PM    Msg. 15 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
Unless you want the movie to be 90 seconds long your going to have to pay people.
And i am sorry to say this i mean it with no offense but this will never be done.
And if it does get done then it will be like a comic.

Well, we are animating the trailer (pre-rendered, using existing models), and using 3d animation software (not gmax, 3ds max, sketchup, or maya).

It will be roughly 1:30, so, your right on the dot. But the movie will be about an hour/hour and a 1/2 long. Like it or not, the longer, the better.

I see it as a "you getting a free movie", rather than "look at what we did, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL", I hate gloating/gloaters. (I used to kinda be one, lol)

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 08:52 PM    Msg. 16 of 128       
Out of curiosity, what software are you using?

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 08:57 PM    Msg. 17 of 128       
Ill do everything.
If this thing (not sure what it is yet coz i didnt read) is to be sold then i will require 85% of all gross income from all sales. If this is not equal to or does not exceed $20,000 in the 1st year then then i will be granted full ownership of your and or your parents belongings.
cool?

naa but seriously though just ignore this thread if you are not going to help, please.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Feb 2, 2009 at 08:59 PM

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:00 PM    Msg. 18 of 128       
Why not make the movie and then make a trailer? Producers don't make a trailer then shoot the movie. I do hope this will be done but I personally think it will never be finished. Mapping teams barley last a month. What is going to keep the animators from leaving the project?

To keep my attention you'll have to make it look like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0ymFem5EEY

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:04 PM    Msg. 19 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: KillerKip1

Who the heck, making a movie, would show the models to get people to help? why not tell them what the movie's ending is too?

You don't make sense, I don't see how showing off a model would have anything to do with the ending of a story line. But then again all your models have been boxes, so I rather you not post anything crappy as too you would lose support. I am not flaming, I am trying to help you. Sorry if you see it in any other way.

YakZSmelk

- Environment Artist - robhow.com

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:38 PM    Msg. 20 of 128       
Proof is for those who have faith, I see none in you. *stating the obvious is fun*

Actually proof is for those that do not have faith, hence the reason they need proof.

Aren't you the Helipad 'Studios' guys?

And this is a movie now and not a game or a mod right? Is it feature length or is it just re-cut cutscenes from the Halo titles? What program will you be working in and what rendering software will you be using? And can we see a model or something?
Edited by YakZSmelk on Feb 2, 2009 at 09:39 PM

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:43 PM    Msg. 21 of 128       

Hmmm, how about I put this example in a different manner?

*Assuming this was before Halo 3's release*
Oh woah I just saw the models and textures of Master chief and some brutes, I KNOW HOW HALO 3 IS GOING TO END! WOOO!

KillerKip, your logic is untrue...Just show the people something...

YakZSmelk

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:45 PM    Msg. 22 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: JHOW
Also i know some of you will tell me that i didnt model any of that which is true, Bungie did but i took parts and combined them. Why remake it if it is already there?

You remake it so it's yours, what you just said was I haven't really done anything I just stole (keyword) models from professionals and am going to use them. Even then you should model new environments, being games work in low-poly because of gameplay constraints, with animation you can push the system a hell of alot more! And show us some new parts of the Halo universe!!

Also what program will you be animating in and what rendering package will you be using?

Quote: --- Original message by: Dhark
KillerKip, your logic is untrue...Just show the people something...

It's not untrue, it's just retarded... :P
Edited by YakZSmelk on Feb 2, 2009 at 09:48 PM

Dhark

I believe in Dennis Powers

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 09:48 PM    Msg. 23 of 128       
Sorry I was meant to mean it was untrue in the form that he was using it

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 05:48 PM    Msg. 24 of 128       
The trailer will use already existing models, its a pre-render, so its a preview of what we are doing.

In the actual movie, we will be using Helipad Studios' made models, or associated persons'. In which proper credit will be given.

As for models or bitmaps from the movie itself, the answer is "no". Stop asking. The most you will get is small stuff, maybe 1 or two "concepts" for the movie models, but not the final models.

This is a full length movie, running around 1:30:00 in time, average.

This movie has been switched to the "Halo: The Fall of Reach", and not any other book, although, it may contain some information from before the time stated in the novel, written by Eric Nylund.

You best bet, is to wait and see, or help and find out.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 08:32 PM    Msg. 25 of 128       
Have you no decency? First you insult me, try to turn everyone on Halo Maps against me, and then judge what my team's methods are dumb?

I weep on your behalf.

We have the ability to shine light from our but, if we so say want too, but we halth not yet to do so, my young confused person.

In other words: We can do what we want, all I asked for was help, and since I gave you your answer, I want mine, and not a reason why, or to barter, but a straight answer, and if you have any moral, going for any of you, do not post if it is a no, I would call that a common sense, to know that it takes someone to raise a hand to volunteer, not pick people that didn't, and get a reason why.

K_I_D

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 08:42 PM    Msg. 26 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla

/Thread

You're a moron. I see progress in this. In-fact, I was actually a part of this. (I don't know if I still am :P) Because I'm grounded I can't get on :l)

All you do is talk the talk, you can't walk yet bud. Maybe grow up?

Dog, I can walk the walk, talk the talk, flip the flap to piddle of the snap rat a tat tat on a cat with a black top hat!

Really though, this won't be released.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 08:46 PM    Msg. 27 of 128       
guys, i think we have all ridden the "bash the legitimacy of kip's movie" bandwagon off of a cliff into quick sand. is this 3 threads he has tried to make now? 3 threads you guys have attacked him in? enough is enough. either help the guy or leave for gods sake
who knows, he might actually have a crew of people who know what they are doing.

K_I_D

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 08:47 PM    Msg. 28 of 128       
I don't care one bit anymore. These kids on here can hardly complete a map, weapon, or vehicle. But we are all expecting a full length movie? Im sick of being so nieve and this time I'm calling you out.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 08:48 PM    Msg. 29 of 128       
Exactly Donut, and whether he does or not just does not matter.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 09:25 PM    Msg. 30 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: JHOW
Yo, K.I.D. I dont know who you are but just stay off this topic because it seems you have nothing nice to say about anyone. I am one of kips modelers and, Oh my god i have actually created a full map before and it actually got finished. To tell you the truth i have made 5 or 6 maps now that are actually finished and on this site for download. I haven't seen any maps made bye you that are actually worth downloading. I am not saying that all my maps are amazing, because a couple of them that i uploaded when i first started are horrible. All i am saying is when and if you make something worthy of my download, stop putting me kip and anyone else on his team down. I can model and we can make this video. As can a lot of the other people on this site. So just stop trying to speak for the rest of the community because your probably pissing them off.

fyi, emt-overgrown is alot of fun

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 09:26 PM    Msg. 31 of 128       
Also no one on this site could make a decent looking cgi video.

YakZSmelk

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 09:50 PM    Msg. 32 of 128       
Quote: --- Original message by: CLS_GRUNT
Also no one on this site could make a decent looking cgi video.

Hey! Grunt I might have something for ya to see in 4 months! ya for Production Team!

SonicXtr3me

"Wake me when you need me"

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:38 PM    Msg. 33 of 128       
just wondering kip , was your previous user name VegaStriderCore? cause you seem alot like him...

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:44 PM    Msg. 34 of 128       
LOL

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:47 PM    Msg. 35 of 128       
Hey i can help you out. if you need help w/ a voice cause i am voice actor #1 staring in my own online series pretty soon in spring.

Page 1 of 4 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 20, 2019 11:27 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website