A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »yoyoV2 little update

Author Topic: yoyoV2 little update (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

yoyorast

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 03:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
from www.yoyorast.com forums :
Quote:
Quote: Honestly the Yoyorast fan base isn't large enough to expect posts every day. That only really happens when you have at least 10 members active each day.

I believe it is bigger outside the website.Thougt many players has jumped of the "Yoyorast Fan-train"..Mostly because of such a long wait..Im not a big fan anymore either..I just wanna check out how he is progressing now and then.

Oouch, this hurts lol.. but its perfectly normal that you and others tend to loose interest cause such a long wait.. and we can't discuss everyday when there's nothing new to discuss anyway...
Well, let me give one more little update.. Inferno has been working hard on a way to make the most efficient portals possible but the map is so complex + the fact that almost every places are visible at the same time makes the task really hard.. so the clipping problem (parts of the map desapearing when looking from certain spots) is still there... I've been constantly trying to retouch the model in order to remove some not indispensable polygons with not changing too much the design.. but I had to remove some stuctures or simplificate others here and there... God I'm spending as much time to remove this stuff as I spent to create it.. this is really frustrating.. but these are the halo engine limits and we have to deal with it. Inferno is constanlty making new builds from the corrected models and we're now reaching a point where the clipping is very low and may be acceptable.. Also testing and retesting the map showed me some more shortcut that I had to fix..
On another side, inferno worked and is still working on schemes I use to send him showing different modifs and improvments he's can make on the tag side. He's a very good and talented partner. We're working as fast as we can but also as fast as ever.
I'm waiting for his lastest build (this week) to see if my last modifs to the model fixed the clipping once for good.. then I'll be able to say (even if there's a little clipping left) that the model is 100% done. Then we'll be able to send the stuff to DEE so he can make some killer lightmaps.. then there'll be some other works left on the tag side + some fix on some gametypes (nothing really big).. then Final beta will be ready. If all goes well (as I tested the map for such a long time), we'll be able to open the champain very soon after this betatest. I'm not making any promesses guys but I can feel we're now very close to the end and I'm sure those not waiting for the map anymore will feel the passion again ;)

Matooba, if you're reading this, please gimme a little update about the H3 Mongoose cause we're gonna need it soon now. Thanks

gamegodlazy
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Please pass the Panda Sauce to me

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 03:42 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
yeah first post!
lolz
anyway

i'm glad to see that v2 is still alive

i think it will make a lot of players play halo ce again

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 03:58 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
I may also do some extra little work. Making cubemaps and other detail work.

yoyorast

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 04:00 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
o ye defenatly!

DEEhunter

Posted: Feb 26, 2009 04:01 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
:) Ill get working once I get home! I've been needing some more 3d work to see what I am capable of.

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 09:17 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
This is still in the works? Dang... I leave for a while and come back and all the big things that were planned are still in the works...

Not that thats a big deal anyway, i'm actually glad to see Yoyo 2 is still being worked on and not a lost hope... i'll probably play some matches on it... i've pretty much left CE. And theres few people here that I remember... and i've been sidelined by another forum (just to get it out of the way... they are furries... and apparently I am one too... don't flame here do it in a pm I don't want to have started something in a nice thread)

So anyway i'll be glad to play V2 when it's out, i'll look at the site later... i'm caught up in a few other things so it might be around Sunday when I look.

Killer247

I r mastur chef lololoololololol

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 09:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Hello all, long time no see. Decided to take a break from FP and come back to see how things are. Still glad yoyorast island is still being worked on.
Edited by Killer247 on Feb 27, 2009 at 09:33 PM

Dr Pepper And 7up Inc

deactivated

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 09:37 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Thanks for the update Yoyo, hey Killer.

Dr Pepper And 7up Inc

deactivated

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 11:39 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Heck no, you'd know that if you were ever on Modacity

gamegodlazy
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Please pass the Panda Sauce to me

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 04:20 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
i cant chekc the updates on modacity

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6 Server at www.modacity.net Port 80

i get this every time i try

yoyorast

Posted: Mar 2, 2009 09:16 AM    Msg. 11 of 11       
check www.yoyorast.com

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 19, 2020 3:31 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website