A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Het where do u put a 3rd person animation tag for a weapon?

Author Topic: Het where do u put a 3rd person animation tag for a weapon? (19 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

DarkLord0912

Works on bigger and better things

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 11:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 19       
Okay I made a 3rd person animation tag out of a first person animation for my fist-of-rukt project so he swings it in 3rd person to but I dont know where u go to put the new tag for the weapon??

I tryied checking ather made tags for a refrence but didn't see any areas about 3rd person??

MissingSpartan7

I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:20 AM    Msg. 2 of 19       
there is no specific 3p animation spot
you have to use the biped animations aswell (i think)
ask someone who actually knows what they're talking about

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:21 AM    Msg. 3 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: DarkLord0912
Okay I made a 3rd person animation tag out of a first person animation for my fist-of-rukt project so he swings it in 3rd person to but I dont know where u go to put the new tag for the weapon??

I tryied checking ather made tags for a refrence but didn't see any areas about 3rd person??

In animations graph.
Under the model field at the top of the weapon tag.

DarkLord0912

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 12:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 19       
Oh when I put it in the spot animation graph under the weapons tag it say model will not animate and I didn't see any of those spots filled in for weapons that I know have a 3rd person animation??

Hey if I took a first person ainimation and took the info and saved it to be a 3rd person animation would that tag work?

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 01:12 AM    Msg. 5 of 19       
I don't think the nodes are the same name, if they were we'd have awesome 3p animations!
Edited by jesse on Mar 8, 2009 at 01:13 AM

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 09:53 AM    Msg. 6 of 19       
just modifie the cyborg animation file (marines always in my case) and replace an animation with your animation file, put a tag like FR and in the weapon tag, change it to FR too.

this sword for example, has nothing in the third person slot of the weapon, it's custom in the cyborg file.

DarkLord0912

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 10:33 AM    Msg. 7 of 19       
so ur saying like rifle melee u modify that animation type for the charecter then,replace that animation with the new one with halo ainmation editor the for that particular weapon that u want them to use u just ive it the right weapon type ex: change fb-sword to pr-plasma rifle and thats it?

black doom

we will never stop, we can win the "impossible"

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 10:44 AM    Msg. 8 of 19       
no, no, no. the biped has model animations which is linked to a label. for example: a certian biped has animations for the labels: pr, ar, pp and fr. you have a weapon which uses the label sg. to let the biped to use the weapon, you must change the label on the weapon to pr, ar, pp or fr. but the biped wont hold the weapon as it supposted to, making the holding animation look wierd. (for example, imagine an elite holding a energy sword like its holding a needler. it will look very strange.

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 02:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 19       
yea, in the animation tag, you replace some useless stuff (like, the flamethrower)

then you add the tag to the weapon aswell as the cyborg animation file

under the tag in the animation file, is also a list of wich actions for that tag should perform wich animation, so you can make a unique set for each weapon tag, and in the stuff above you just keep the main actions like the IK points, means how much hands lol

well i hope you get the idea, it's kinda tricky but if you've done it once you'll never forget

MissingSpartan7

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 05:57 PM    Msg. 10 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
just modifie the cyborg animation file (marines always in my case) and replace an animation with your animation file, put a tag like FR and in the weapon tag, change it to FR too.

this sword for example, has nothing in the third person slot of the weapon, it's custom in the cyborg file.

i think its possible to make your own animation reference (e.g.- gh)

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 06:06 PM    Msg. 11 of 19       
yes it is. i have made my own 3rd person anims before for a mauler, using the label ma

DarkLord0912

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 11:41 PM    Msg. 12 of 19       
Okay for my hammer project there's no 3rd person animation so say I wanted to give it hte animation stand missle rl melee how would I go about doing that?

MissingSpartan7

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 02:16 AM    Msg. 13 of 19       
just quickly, i've got the h3 machine gun turret- can i make the barrels spin in 3p?

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 11:12 AM    Msg. 14 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
yes it is. i have made my own 3rd person anims before for a mauler, using the label ma

You should make a tutorial, seeing as there are no good ones for 3p animating.

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 04:44 PM    Msg. 15 of 19       
You just animate like you always animate :\

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:25 PM    Msg. 16 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo

He asked where you put it. (About original poster)
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on Mar 9, 2009 at 05:25 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:29 PM    Msg. 17 of 19       
Quote: --- Original message by: RougeSpartan414

He asked where you put it. (About original poster)
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on Mar 9, 2009 at 05:25 PM

And I was talking to UnevenElefant.

Rhydgaled Publications

I have many questions (can't fit URL in though)

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:03 PM    Msg. 18 of 19       
If there is a third person animation slot in the .weapon tag (and I think there is) it would be for animations of the actual gun (for example if you want the op-handle to move in third-person you would put it here). Meanwhile the biped's arms (and the rest of the biped) are animated by the biped's animation tag.

Also:
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

I see you also have the distorted shoulders problem, every H3 spartan biped I've seen in CE has had that problem, I've tried rigging it myself too, twice!!. My second attempt is better than the first but I'm still not happy with it. Even CMT seems to have the same sort of problem in their CMT Coagulation CE map, where some of the various perms mess up in a similar way on certain animations. In fact the only custom bipeds I've yet to notice the problem on (not that I've looked closly at all the custom bipeds ever made for CE or even seen them at all) are the Lost Spartan Biped (never used it myself, but I've seen it on other pepole's maps) and the HALO 2 biped (both rigged by Jarain (sorry, can't remember how the name is spelt) I belive).

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:34 PM    Msg. 19 of 19       

I'm still not clear on the label part, I've never done 3p animations before, don't know what file type to export to, and it's always helpful to have a video to watch the first time around.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 5:21 PM 234 ms.
A Halo Maps Website