A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Halo Battles.

Author Topic: Halo Battles. (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Gnoblar

Got a ping lower that 100 and you're not hosting?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:08 AM    Msg. 1 of 28       
I have no idea hwo to make my own singleplayer levels as sapien crashes whenever I open any scenario bar the tutorial test, and I have no idea which programs to use in order to make my own maps from scratch.

But I still have ideas.

I've seen (and played on) Coldsnapwar and it's very cool, but it's missing so many things I'd love to see.

I'd love to see three campaign maps, in a mini campaign.

1) A swamp-like jungle filled with Small Marine outposts and the covenant attack it (AI Marines and Covenant) and the marines have no spawning, but the covenant have a steady flow of reinforcements (20 second respawn). The objectives are for the Player (a random spartan) to relieve the marines at certain outposts, one by one. If oyu don't want to make objectives, then fine, just make it so the player starts at the back and can get stuck into the war.

2) Chronopolis, the awesomist map ever made. It would be delicious if someone could remake this map with marines all over it in barricaded checkpoints, and hundreds of flood that spawn inside random buldings and take otu to the streets. With warthogs driving around full of marines and lot's of good flood-killing goodness. It would also be cool to see some pelicans flying around to drop much needed vehicles off.

3) Coldsnapwar redux. Make the map significantly smaller, but the same style. Make the covenant have two phantoms and about ten ghosts. Also give them four wraiths in their base. Make all covenant spawn in their base and make them get in the vehicles and rush towards the middle of the map, which is very similar to the halo 3 level "The Covenant" (That sort of terrain). Make it nice and sunny and grassy, like blood gluch and the level "Halo". It would look nice and make a few hills/rocks/trees to hide behind. Covenant will have all the strating covenant that we see in Halo 1, nto modified at all, as it get's dum with flame-thrower grunts. Just red/blue elites/grunts (a boatload of them) and a whole bunch of jakals.

The Spartan base has two pelicans, about four normal warthogs and about four gauss warthogs. Give them about four scorpions and make all teh spartans spawn at the base, but get in all teh vehicles and move the the centre of the map.

Teleporters for vehicles should have their recievers away fromt eh centre, but teleporters for foot soldiers should have them very close, this makes the initial combat between infantry and then the vehicles come and it get's more and more epic. THe more stuff, the more epic. Make sure that map is open and bright, not dark and cluttered.

Are any of these possible and where can I get a Halo 1 map MAKER that will produce scenarios that won't crash my sapien?

Would anyone like to see any of these?

MissingSpartan7

I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gnoblar
I have no idea hwo to make my own singleplayer levels as sapien crashes whenever I open any scenario bar the tutorial test, and I have no idea which programs to use in order to make my own maps from scratch.

Are any of these possible and where can I get a Halo 1 map MAKER that will produce scenarios that won't crash my sapien?

try opening scenario in guerilla and deleting all the objects, i've had it crash because of one vehicle

and you can use 3ds max 7 to make your own levels

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 04:53 PM    Msg. 3 of 28       
Many people don't have $3000 laying around... Gmax is a free alternative, or Blender.

For your Sapien errors, is everything in the correct place? Check in Geurrilla.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:34 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
All these maps are quite large... With many AI, I'm pretty sure it would lag at least a little.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 03:20 AM    Msg. 5 of 28       
Ok.

Destroyer: Don't worry about the pelicans, jsut the marines and barricade would do. Alternatvley, put a hude amount of Covies and Marines fightin git out in the city. I'd also love to see the New Mombasa original with bots fighting it out. Maybe some Halo 3 marine character models (as the look cool)?

The cake is yum, that's true. I had to answer.

Gamma927: yeah, but it would be awesome, just turn down the resolution, I did, I'm running it at 800x600 on my 22"!

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 01:47 PM    Msg. 6 of 28       
Coldsnapwar took forever just due to trial and error with vehicles, AI, scenery. You would add one AI encounter, then two vehicles would not spawn. You would add one new piece of scenery, then it wouldn't compile, or AI would stop moving. You eliminate one character type, and suddently everything would start working the way you wanted.

Big AI projects can be a lot of fun, but a real nightmare to get working sometimes. I like the Cronopolis idea, so someone tackle that baby. I am starting work on a Desert project right now.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 06:39 PM    Msg. 7 of 28       
Ok.

Destroyer: Don't worry about the pelicans, jsut the marines and barricade would do. Alternatvley, put a hude amount of Covies and Marines fightin git out in the city. I'd also love to see the New Mombasa original with bots fighting it out. Maybe some Halo 3 marine character models (as the look cool)?

The cake is yum, that's true. I had to answer.

Gamma927: yeah, but it would be awesome, just turn down the resolution, I did, I'm running it at 800x600 on my 22"!

I'm running 1280 x 800 on my 15.4 inch. But I guess it's what you like. Either way, the maps are kind of large (understatement), and having AI all over would make the game lag at least a bit, especially if it wasn't an SP map.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 07:31 PM    Msg. 8 of 28       
Isn't there a 256 unit limit...?

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 07:33 PM    Msg. 9 of 28       

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 07:49 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       
Let's not.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 08:10 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 08:12 PM    Msg. 12 of 28       
Oh, sorry. Didn't see the edit.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 03:27 AM    Msg. 13 of 28       
I spoiled it. I'm sorry.

Back to the topic...

Anyone interested in actually making these?

Mysterion, I'm looking at you.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 04:31 AM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Make it Jakals, Grunts and Elites vs ODSTs or Just plain marines. No hunters or flood or special covenant (invisible/Goolrong Sword Weilders)

electricSquid

Get ready for some chocolate pain...

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 01:41 PM    Msg. 15 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mysterion
Coldsnapwar took forever just due to trial and error with vehicles, AI, scenery. You would add one AI encounter, then two vehicles would not spawn. You would add one new piece of scenery, then it wouldn't compile, or AI would stop moving. You eliminate one character type, and suddently everything would start working the way you wanted.

Big AI projects can be a lot of fun, but a real nightmare to get working sometimes. I like the Cronopolis idea, so someone tackle that baby. I am starting work on a Desert project right now.

Chronopolis's backstory included Flood-infested labs, right? Why not make a version of it with Flood fog and lots of other Floody goodness all over, like biomass and such. That would be cool. And maybe put an interior or two inside the outlying buildings in the map.

Mysterion

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 05:40 PM    Msg. 16 of 28       
Unless you want it leaked, you might want to upload it to Halomaps first. You can wait a couple of days and then upload a protected copy to filefront while your official file is is in the cue.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 09:22 PM    Msg. 17 of 28       
Well cool.

With vehicles, can we only have the basic vehicles of Halo 1, unless you're using Halo 2 elites or character models, but no Halo 2/3 stuff in there, just plain old Halo 1.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 11:42 PM    Msg. 18 of 28       
I'd like to see only warthogs on the Chronopolis map. Maybe one scorpion. But no more, it jsut gets out of hand. Lots of AI though. Good street combat.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: Mar 14, 2009 02:23 PM    Msg. 19 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: vampiregirl23
i can(and probably will) do 1 and 3, im allready making a chronopolis SP level
thats a lot of scropion avitars...

Wow, coincidence. I'm doing a Chronopolis SP too:

http://files.filefront.com/AI+FollowingWMV/;13433653;/fileinfo.html

This video was meant to show AI following at work, but it's set in my SP map "Reviction".

I don't care that we're doing the same thing though, we probably have way different background stories and encounters.

Mysterion

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 01:48 PM    Msg. 20 of 28       
I am currently working on a map mod that has AI driven scorpions, and they actually work quite well driving and firing their shells. There are currently six working, but I will have to tone it down to maybe four max in order to make room for other AI actors. It is proving to be an epic battle so far.

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 01:58 PM    Msg. 21 of 28       
its hard enough battling one stationary one :P

Half Jaw

You did good, son. You did good.

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 06:41 PM    Msg. 22 of 28       
2) Chronopolis, the awesomist map ever made. It would be delicious if someone could remake this map with marines all over it in barricaded checkpoints, and hundreds of flood that spawn inside random buldings and take otu to the streets. With warthogs driving around full of marines and lot's of good flood-killing goodness. It would also be cool to see some pelicans flying around to drop much needed vehicles off.

I want this.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 06:19 AM    Msg. 23 of 28       
Mysterion. You are a legend.

I've already seen Wraiths AI driven.

You should make four scorpions, four wraiths, a few warthogs and a few ghosts and a LOT of infantry. it would be cool. Make the front line wide if you can, so it's two lines of armies clashing, not jsut a blob against another blo like most AI maps.

Mysterion

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 01:59 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
Thanks, but all credit is due to those who have developed the backdrop and tags used. On my developing mod, I currently have four scorpions leave their base, cruise to another base overrun by Flood forms, and start blasting away. At the other end of the map, Covenant forces are beginning to take shape. Three Banshees are taking off from high cliffside platform, flying over and then attacking the flood. The theme is pretty much everyone hates the flood, but the humans will fight it out while flood are respawning. When testing, I was pretty excited when I teleported over to the battlefield, and saw my first Spartan driven scorpion cruising around a mountainside, then another, and another. They each stopped and started blasting away at the Flood! A Marine outpost is being attacked by the Flood, until the tanks arrive, and then they start rushing the Scorpions. It is a lot of fun, but I am going to spend as much time as I can to get it right. Oh yeah, there is a secret room that will have a special weapon stored there.

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 08:13 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       
If it helps:

Things I dislike:

-Overpowered weapons/Super weapons.
-Maps where it takes too long to get to the battle
-AI that just patrol doing nothing/just stay at the base.
-The AI just bunch and fight each other in two bunches.
-New vehicles that look dumb (The Jets in coldsapwar (No offence)).
-Halo 2 spartans and not Halo 2 Elites.
-Super grunts (I just don't like shielded grunts with flamethrowers)
-Weapon mods. I that all of them barring the Battlerifle and the starship trooper assualt rifle in the xxx_covenant attack map.
-Hunters. They dominate the marines too much.
-Depending on where you put them, I don't like flood much, I only like it when there is a 50/50 mix of combat flood and shooty flood. I hate bloated/puffy/carrier flood. I liek mini flood, the infection forms or whatever, but you need SWARMS of them.
-Super accurate AI and super inaccurate AI.

Things I like:

-Ai driven vehicles
-Halo 2 vehicles.
-ODST's.
-Big open maps, but it's easy to get from battle to battle.
-Two big lines of armies clashing.
-Vehicle combat. Imageint like 20 vehicles, Human and covenant all duking it out in a small valley like blood gulch, all AI driven. EPIC.
-AI driven banshees and (if they exist) hornets. Not seraphs/banshee's or longswords. But a max of about four (two per team).
-Infantry combat mixed with vehicles. Imagine running along and two warthogs drice past and go over a hill where teh covenant are waiting, you look left and right, spartans are running along eitehr side of you and as you crest the hill, the spartans run into combat and you can see the massive battle unfolding.
-Spartans.
-The AI being able to see long distances.
-Assault rifles.
-Beach invasions...

I hoep that helps.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 17, 2009 08:35 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       
Things I dislike:
-Hunters. They dominate the marines too much.

Do you mind if the marines have rocket launchers, and dominate the hunters?

Some fun I had: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zORl8XWKoU

Gnoblar

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 04:48 AM    Msg. 27 of 28       
Nah. I don't liek explosions except from Tanks/Grenades, and I hate infinite nades in AI battles.

No hunters.

Mysterion

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 08:54 PM    Msg. 28 of 28       
Here you go...pics from desert map mod under development:

http://cid-2ca9be76cadd6849.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/desertb18%7C_floodwar

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 5:06 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website