A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »halo 1 --halo2 pelican

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: halo 1 --halo2 pelican (51 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Arbiter419

ahhhh ha ha harrrgh demon no kill me

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 51       
is it possable to get a halo 1 pelican to fly...strafe like a halo 2 pelican

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 51       
Yes it is possible but u need to have gmax and remodel the
Movement to a h2 pelican :)

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:02 PM    Msg. 3 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins

Remodel the movement? Either I'm losing it, or the way a vehicle moves is its physics, not its model.
Edited by Lone Warrior on Mar 9, 2009 at 06:03 PM

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:02 PM    Msg. 4 of 51       
ive only just downloaded that and how do you do it could u help lol

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 51       
halo 2 pelicans can
and isnt it just lyke making a ghost fly lol
with a completly diffrent skin and such
Edited by Arbiter419 on Mar 9, 2009 at 06:08 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 06:21 PM    Msg. 6 of 51       
Halo 2 Pelican's can, but Halo CE cannot. The one's in the Campaign run because of recorded animations. Since there's no way that I know of to edit those, they're stuck running the same path over and over again. Also, ghosts move differently than pelican's, and they can't lift off the ground, so it isn't a good idea to make pelican's move like ghosts.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 07:34 PM    Msg. 7 of 51       
What scripts would allow a vehicle to move around like a Halo 2 Pelican?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 07:39 PM    Msg. 8 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hotrod
I'm sure that it is possible to make it so a vehicle can move like the Halo 2 Pelican in Halo : CE, but not without anything short of scripts. If you want to do anything, you'll have to ask around, probably to advanced modders, to see if it is indeed possible at all.

Actually no, it isn't. You obviously do not know what scripts are. No script to my knowledge would make a vehicle move sideways. It has been stated multiple times that sideways movement for vehicles are impossible on HaloCE's engine. The Pelicans in H2 run mostly on recorded animations, which are now impossible to create, so we are stuck with reusing the old animations. Besides, Pelican's aren't even build to move sideways :V Their engines don't tilt side to side, so how would they strafe?

ThePlague

Steam: jubalearlybh

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 08:57 PM    Msg. 9 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: PVT Jenkins

I lol'd so hard.

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 10:14 PM    Msg. 10 of 51       
Halo CE doesn't even have Ragdoll Physics, why would this be possible?

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 05:57 PM    Msg. 11 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Actually no, it isn't. You obviously do not know what scripts are. No script to my knowledge would make a vehicle move sideways. It has been stated multiple times that sideways movement for vehicles are impossible on HaloCE's engine. The Pelicans in H2 run mostly on recorded animations, which are now impossible to create, so we are stuck with reusing the old animations. Besides, Pelican's aren't even build to move sideways :V Their engines don't tilt side to side, so how would they strafe?

Ok, so maybe scripts aren't the best term to use, and I was just creating theories, which is why I said to ask around. So I guess I should thank you for correcting me.

Second of all, the Pelicans can move sideways, and do so in both Halo 2 and Halo 3. If you've ever modded Halo 2 to be able to drive a Pelican, you would have noticed that you can indeed strafe with it. Of course, they do use recorded animations when you see them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't able to move sideways. In plus, Bungie created the Pelican, and they wanted it to be able to strafe, so that's why and how they do so.

For Halo2 yes, but for Halo:CE all they needed was for it to fly in a normal pattern, no strafing. So, lets just end this thread by saying, Its not possible for Halo:CE..

[/thread]

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 05:58 PM    Msg. 12 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

Ok, so maybe scripts aren't the best term to use, and I was just creating theories, which is why I said to ask around. So I guess I should thank you for correcting me.

Second of all, the Pelicans can move sideways, and do so in both Halo 2 and Halo 3. If you've ever modded Halo 2 to be able to drive a Pelican, you would have noticed that you can indeed strafe with it. Of course, they do use recorded animations when you see them, but that doesn't mean that they aren't able to move sideways. In plus, Bungie created the Pelican, and they wanted it to be able to strafe, so that's why and how they do so.

are you dense? halo 2 and 3 are not halo 1. i dont know if you noticed, but halo 2 and 3 have a totally different physics engine and gameplay elements. halo 1's engine doesnt have support for a vehicle that can both fly and strafe. it cannot happen. idgf what halo 2 and 3 do. you can duel wield in halo 2 and 3 too. does that mean you can just magically do it it halo 1? no.

ODX

A rare sight, indeed.

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 06:00 PM    Msg. 13 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Lone Warrior
So, lets just end this thread by saying, Its not possible for Halo:CE.
Um, no, let's not just end it by stating it's impossible before people have even tried, instead of stating theories. People claimed Grifball was impossible, but what did _TheArbiter_ of Sigma do? He made it, and believe me, it worked well enough in the first and second tests, I'm sure it's fine now. However, try not to discuss Sigma/Grifball too much in here, I'm using it as an example.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 09:41 PM    Msg. 14 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX
Um, no, let's not just end it by stating it's impossible before people have even tried, instead of stating theories. People claimed Grifball was impossible, but what did _TheArbiter_ of Sigma do? He made it, and believe me, it worked well enough in the first and second tests, I'm sure it's fine now. However, try not to discuss Sigma/Grifball too much in here, I'm using it as an example.

good point. people did barrel rolls for the banshee with animations, although that is a one time thing, then you press the button for roll again. this is a constant sideways motion. i dont think there are any functions for strafing. thats why i dont think its possible.

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 10:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 51       
Bipeds can strafe, why not pelicans?

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 10:10 PM    Msg. 16 of 51       
Because pelicans don't have bipeds.

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 08:27 AM    Msg. 17 of 51       
And because the pelican isnt a biped.

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 09:02 AM    Msg. 18 of 51       
Since when do H2 Pelicans strafe?

Bokito

Playing ODST since 09-21-09

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 11:26 AM    Msg. 19 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
Halo CE doesn't even have Ragdoll Physics, why would this be possible?

Ragdolls and strafing pelicans are totally different. The only way to make a pelican strafe (I think), is to make it a biped, which isn't excatly what we're wanting to do

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 04:01 PM    Msg. 20 of 51       
Just like the banshee, just give it a strafe anim, without the looping and make it continous.
I mean, doesn't the banshee works perfect? just use that without a looping and charge time

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 04:12 PM    Msg. 21 of 51       
no, the banshee does not work perfect. After it loops, it slowly returns to its original position, its only the anim that makes it go left or whatever.
Although, idea: like boost, make an explosion to the left or right of the pelican to strafe.

Bokito

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 04:25 PM    Msg. 22 of 51       
Pelicans don't care about explosions, the won't move even when a nuke gets a direct hit.

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 06:18 PM    Msg. 23 of 51       
well how come its not possable to make it a flying ghost and any way here is what i mean its in this film some what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeshbO4volE

and is it possable to make the boosters like a halo 2 one ?

and change the sound aswell lol and the hight raiseing speed is that ghangeable ?
Edited by Arbiter419 on Mar 11, 2009 at 06:25 PM
Edited by Arbiter419 on Mar 11, 2009 at 06:27 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 06:24 PM    Msg. 24 of 51       
If you used the vehicle type of a ghost (alien scout), then the pelican wont even fly. As you need the (human plane) vehicle type to fly.

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 06:29 PM    Msg. 25 of 51       
is it possable to make it both of them

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 06:56 PM    Msg. 26 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
Quote: --- Original message by: ODX

good point. people did barrel rolls for the banshee with animations, although that is a one time thing, then you press the button for roll again. this is a constant sideways motion. i dont think there are any functions for strafing. thats why i dont think its possible.

if its not possable how does the ghost do it and is it possable to make the ghosts phisics stronger to make it hover high enough to make it look like its flying....

ohh and put a pelican body on it XD
Edited by Arbiter419 on Mar 11, 2009 at 07:00 PM

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 04:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 51       
yeah but people have taken the landing gear and back turret idea out of halo 2 and they work just fine so why not the engines sounds and strafe

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 04:37 PM    Msg. 28 of 51       
Hurz because maybe certain stuff is possible and others are not :V?

Bokito

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 04:38 PM    Msg. 29 of 51       
Because the landing gear is extra animations and the turret is a mounted weapon, which we're already implemented. The strafe is a physics issue, something you just cant'change in HCE.
Edited by Bokito on Mar 12, 2009 at 04:38 PM

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 08:08 PM    Msg. 30 of 51       
buy why isnt it possable i mean a ghost strafes with ease why cant you make the pelican strafe like a ghost or give it a ghosts strafe physics i cant be that hard really ?

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 09:20 PM    Msg. 31 of 51       
Are you really that mental? The ghost strafes because it has the vehicle type as "alien scout" which is a ground vehicle. The pelican has it as "human fighter or plane", which allows it to fly, and thats the Halo 2 Pelican. Different engine, different physics. different capabilities. If you put the pelican as "alien scout", then it will not fly.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 09:32 PM    Msg. 32 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arbiter419
buy why isnt it possable i mean a ghost strafes with ease why cant you make the pelican strafe like a ghost or give it a ghosts strafe physics i cant be that hard really ?
Please prove everyone wrong and do it. Then you will have your answer.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 05:27 PM    Msg. 33 of 51       
Isn't their a height option for the Ghost so you can make it float however high you want?

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 13, 2009 06:03 PM    Msg. 34 of 51       
You saw them in like, 2 cutscenes...

Arbiter419

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 04:34 PM    Msg. 35 of 51       
a person made a good sujestion before make the ghost hover higher ....how do you do this

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 4:18 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website