A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Hang em high bsp?

Author Topic: Hang em high bsp? (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

RemnantDark

X-Fire: Serioussharpshooter

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 05:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Ive tried the BSP posted here but it has 3000+ STL errors: http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2462

Out of all those STL erros I still decided to go through with the map anyways and after making a preety good modification with more strategy involved (because I know we are all sick of the "varients" posted around here, either thou' people are still contributing which is good) I ran into about 80 tool problems and 20 errors... Ok so I fix the 20 errors and alot of the Problems with the help of MF Boom but then we realize the problem would take months to fix (1-3) and with alot of tedious work, because 1 error can have up to 4 huge faces within other faces, and the model was a mess internally, but not externally.

So after alot of work I've scraped that model with just a screenie to show for what it was to be and now im asking if there is any Hang Em High models out there that are fairly accurate and scaled but most importantly without errors that I may use to edit to make some strategic and texture changes to the map so we can play a map with a new environment and strategic twist with intense weapons =D

BTW I have also searched the forum.

Heres the screenie: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/5189/hangemintenseremnantdar.jpg
Question in case you cant read all that: Anyone Have a Hang Em High BSP error free?

Thanks and I hope to get this out because I really like intense weapons and I really like Hang em High but Im not a fan of varients (nothing wrong with them thou') and if im unable to Model this or get a model then I will most likely be releasing a variant just like Zanzibar Intense.

Thanks and I appreciate any Help in Advance,
RemnantDark117

X-fire: Serioussharpshooter

defiler1

looking for the fourth halo....

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 07:40 PM    Msg. 2 of 5       
i can rip a exact model of hang em high, i have done a friend request over xfire.

RemnantDark

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 04:07 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
I have added him and he has given me a .OBJ from Sparkedit but I dont know what to check while importing it and what not to check. Also I dont think a .obj is going to cut it because while most of the times you only get 2-300 STL errors usually the whole model is messed up internally and you cant compile the BSP in tool.

Would appreciate any further help in this matter.

RemnantDark

OpsY

Frobisher Bay

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 05:45 PM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Original Halo files have some errors usually caused by the fact the Sky faces don't export but also Lights and Glass don't have proper shader applied so they act like open edges.

RemnantDark

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 09:20 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Thanks for the info ;) But could someone tell me the proper things to check during import and mabye a working hang em high bsp? Or are we sticking with a varient because I wanna play Hang em High intense preety bad xD

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu December 12, 2019 8:24 AM 156 ms.
A Halo Maps Website