A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »2 questions

Author Topic: 2 questions (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 05:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
1.) Iíve asked before but the thread always died, when I have a model with the skin modifier like the flood combat forms and all that, it says that there is no geometry to export (using bluestreak) and if I link it to a frame it comes up with errors, basically how am I suppose to export models with the skin modifier without these random errors?

2.) i wanted to create elites with permutations which change the elites helmets and armour and all that, but when importing models I realised that the elite used regions to have different permutations on different parts of the model instead of having tonnes of permutations each with different armour and heads and stuff.
Anyway how do I make these regions?

Help will be appreciated

Rhydgaled Publications

I have many questions (can't fit URL in though)

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 07:27 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
1.) Iíve asked before but the thread always died, when I have a model with the skin modifier like the flood combat forms and all that, it says that there is no geometry to export (using bluestreak) and if I link it to a frame it comes up with errors, basically how am I suppose to export models with the skin modifier without these random errors?

My question topics keep dieing too anyway, when I fiddle with bipeds I import them with the gbxmodel importer then link the biped geometry to either the pelvis or spine bone (I never can remember which, I just guess each time and if it doesn't look right in-game and in-sapien I try the other bone).

Quote:
2.) i wanted to create elites with permutations which change the elites helmets and armour and all that, but when importing models I realised that the elite used regions to have different permutations on different parts of the model instead of having tonnes of permutations each with different armour and heads and stuff.
Anyway how do I make these regions?

Help will be appreciated
I know how to make regions, but I can't explain it without the image from the tutorial I used to learn it myself. It doesn't matter though since you can't export bipeds with regions (blitzscrieg will export regions, but not vertex weights, and bluestreak will export vertex weights, but not regions.) There is a modified bluestreak that supports regions but I had to edit it to make it even run and when I tried it on a biped it went through nearly all (if not all) the bones and for each gave me a warning that it wasn't a node (bones should be nodes, anoying exporters) and in-game it wasn't rigged at all.

Edit: my currently dead question topic is here: http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=23764
Edited by Rhydgaled Publications on Mar 18, 2009 at 07:28 PM

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 07:30 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
i already have the modded version (rofl, bob fossil), so do you still have the image?

Rhydgaled Publications

Posted: Mar 18, 2009 07:41 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
i already have the modded version (rofl, bob fossil),
What?? are you trying to say you already have the modifed bluestreak that supports regions? if so can you actually make it export a biped without it telling you all the bones aren't nodes?
Quote: so do you still have the image?
It was it a tutorial I found a while ago, the one that taught me how to make regions, I've dug it up again for you, it was on the ghost's tutorial resource (http://ghost.halomaps.org/tutorials/ if you don't already know about that). Direct link to tutorial: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=51808

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 02:12 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
okay thanks

i haven't acturley managed to export anything, because as said in my first question, bluesteak whines when it comes up with a model usiing the skin modifier

okay im confused, gmax dosen't have that box thing at the top, is this a feature which gmax dosen't support or is it on one of the tools bars
Edited by Megaguirus on Mar 19, 2009 at 02:19 PM

Rhydgaled Publications

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 05:28 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
The box you use to name regions is there in the version of gmax I have (it says it is version 1.2 in the help about box). It can be found on the main toolbar and if you hover over the box the tool-tip says "Named Selection Sets".

Sorry I took so long to get back to you, I haven't been on my hobby PC (I mainly use it for my HEK and film making hobbies, but it does get used for college work and other stuff occasionly) in a while and I don't really use gmax (I have 3ds Max 5), in fact I can't even remember why I downloaded gmax in the first place. I just opened gmax now to check that for you.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri January 17, 2020 8:08 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website