A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »team fortress

Author Topic: team fortress (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

treasure

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 08:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
just wondering if anyone has made a map similar to the classic online game team fortress. i could never play it as someone hacked my cd key even before bought the disk

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 09:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
I don't think there are any.
Team Fortress 2 is awesome by the way.

Half Jaw

You did good, son. You did good.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 06:36 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Someone must make ctf_2fort.

treasure

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 07:58 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
it would be a hit, that's for sure.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 11:24 AM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer
No it wouldn't, you people do not seem to understand that team fortress maps are designed for guess what, team fortress! They're designed with classes in mind such as the idea that engineers will build sentries, demomen will place sticky bombs, medics will be healing people and strategic tatics with these classes working together to get the intel. Seeing as halo is nothing of that sort, and seeing how the age group is 12-15 who bicker over crappy generic names, it would be all but useless.

Basically: Halo =/= Teamwork

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 01:30 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I always force my team to use teamwork...

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 01:42 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
me and Lone Tried making such a map, to force people to work together. It doesn't work out so well.

treasure

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 04:28 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
some very interesting points. if teamwork doesn't work for the age group that uses it, how did it become a hit? Nevertheless, the clan i am in avoids role playing senarios for some of the reasons mentioned. sign of the times nowadays seems to be that people want to exercise their individuality and to be themselves and not be told what to do - a subconscious self discovery exercise (btw, i am not a star trek junkie). if you can find the right variety of people (and you rarely do) where all roles are graciously filled then great, otherwise ...... We concentrate on getting our attack, defence, weapons, giving intell skills right, rather than role playing. i would imagine a halo replica of TF to be a scaled down version of the original, using Halo game types, the TF you play when you are not playing TF

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 05:00 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scrables_the_DeathDealer
The age group is targeted for much more mature people, and the gameplay of these two games, is completely different, porting the map would be useless and idiotic.
While I actually agree with most of what you said, I would suggest not a port of a TF2, or any game, level but a level inspired by it.

For example taking 2Fort as a basis, the single bridge, the overlooking 2nd floor sniper areas and the tunnels would work in Halo but allowances would have to be made on the open area for the use of Hogs and the internal structure of the intel rooms might need to be changed some. There is nothing wrong with taking the parts of another game's map that work with Halo game play and using that to develop one inspired by it.

I agree there is a differnt age group, and conduct, playing tF2 than there is playing Halo PC/CE

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 03:38 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis There is nothing wrong with taking the parts of another game's map that work with Halo game play and using that to develop one inspired by it.

I agree there is a different age group, and conduct, playing tF2 than there is playing Halo PC/CE

Me and Lone were thinking of a Badlands-type map but well, for what we wanted to do, we needed open sauce (by kornman) to be running some special networking "hacks" (the good kind)

In our triggers, we have no way to distinguish between blue and red teams. If we could overcome that slight problem- this would work perfectly.

treasure

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 08:49 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
i think maps inspired by levels on other games is a great way to add value to Halo CE. i am a more mature gamer myself, and chatting with other gamers of my elk, we have played the same games in the past (who could forget UT2000 for example). if a map imbued with good strategy dynamics had the extra dimension of nostalgic value - who could ask for more. Then of course there are the classic current games.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun April 5, 2020 6:54 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website