A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »WTF I can't see anybody/anything except the map and effects!!!

Author Topic: WTF I can't see anybody/anything except the map and effects!!! (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ghosty

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 04:11 AM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Here's the problem: When I start HaloCE, nothing happens (even after about 2 hours...).
When I open HaloPC and join a game, I can't see anybody, nor any weapon, nor any vehicle. All I can see is the map, my HUD, effects and the triangles above my allies...

Reinstallation, didn't work
Updating, didn't work
Playing campaign, didn't work (game crash)
Remove all maps and replace them, didn't work

I made a little movie about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBuu4k9tApU
Made it in about 5 min.

Please help me with this ****!
I want to play Halo again!!!!!!! (normally)

JLtheking

imma

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 09:47 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ghosty
Here's the problem: When I start HaloCE, nothing happens (even after about 2 hours...).

ive had this prob sometimes... in the end i actually found out that one of the maps in the maps folder was corrupted so after i removed it, it was back to normal... i don't know if this even applies to your problem but just stating a fact>_<

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 02:37 PM    Msg. 3 of 5       
grafics card maybe?
you know how to use dev right? anyways type rasterizer_wireframe 1 into dev, can you see anything in wireframe?

JLtheking

imma

Posted: Mar 24, 2009 06:39 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus
grafics card maybe?
you know how to use dev right? anyways type rasterizer_wireframe 1 into dev, can you see anything in wireframe?

he said
Quote: --- Original message by: Ghosty
When I start HaloCE, nothing happens (even after about 2 hours...).

so i dun think he can even use dev, as while the game is loading u can't use dev, unless you are talking about the MYSTERIOUS UNKNOWN DEV of the original Halo
[/sarcasm]

Ghosty

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 12:41 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
HaloCE loads normally without any custom maps =)
Okay, I found out that I can join games in HaloCE and that I even can see myself! The only problem is, the only games I can join are empty... So that's not real fun...

And about that rasterizer_wireframe 1 thing, when I type that in my console with devmode on, it says I can't execute it right now...

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 12:33 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website