A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »AI drop off

Author Topic: AI drop off (17 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Gakatako

The guy with all the STUPID ideas'

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 10:13 AM    Msg. 1 of 17       
Im kinda craving an little campaign like drop off in a multi player map. like extend the Blood gultch so there is 2 distaint floating bases. to go into battle you enter an AI pelican and when 2 or 3 are in it. it launches and lands you at your base. even a little thing saying "gogogogo... your not being paid to do this by the hour"

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 10:33 AM    Msg. 2 of 17       
It requires good timing, and a lot of scripting, as well as modification of the MP map.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 07:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
It requires good timing, and a lot of scripting, as well as modification of the MP map.
Those are required however AI, device machines and animated scenery does not sync over a network connection in a multiplayer game.

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 07:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 17       
Devices kinda do, with or without the sync script. Mostly simple devices, such as a door etc.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 07:35 PM    Msg. 5 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Those are required however AI, device machines and animated scenery does not sync over a network connection in a multiplayer game.

It would still be a SP map, so the syncing thing wouldn't be a problem, just it would be using Blood Gulch's BSP.
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Mar 25, 2009 at 07:36 PM

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 07:49 PM    Msg. 6 of 17       
But how would you add AI, play custom sounds, and script the Pelican to run correctly? You can't do it on Halo PC. On Halo CE, you can just write an easy script, and run an already created recorded animation.

Dennis

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 08:13 PM    Msg. 7 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
It would still be a SP map, so the syncing thing wouldn't be a problem, just it would be using Blood Gulch's BSP.

Quote: Im kinda craving an little campaign like drop off in a multi player map
Single player no problem, Multiplayer not possible. Even though vehicles sync in muitiplayer AI driven vehicles don't and cause ghost vehicles, ones the server and client sees but only the server can use, on the clients that eventually lead to an exception.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 08:14 PM    Msg. 8 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Quote: Im kinda craving an little campaign like drop off in a multi player map
Single player no problem, Multiplayer not possible. Even though vehicles sync in muitiplayer AI driven vehicles don't and cause ghost vehicles, ones the server and client sees but only the server can use, on the clients that eventually lead to an exception.

He means he wants to use the multiplayer BSP in a single player map unless I miss my guess.

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 08:20 PM    Msg. 9 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: ymt
i dont under stand a word u jsut said...

Because you mod Halo PC. In Halo CE, the level's ground is called the BSP. If you take a level, remove all the AI, players, scenery, weapons, vehicles, and equipment, all that's left is the BSP.

Dennis

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 08:27 PM    Msg. 10 of 17       
He means he wants to use the multiplayer BSP in a single player map unless I miss my guess.
Allthough one could infer that, if you re-read his original post he indicated first that it should be a multiplay map and also went on to say that there should be two floating bases to start from. The way I read it you wouldn't need two bases unless it was a multiplayer game. However you could be correct. In any case in a single player game it could work but in a multiplayer across the lan game it wouldn't.

Gakatako

The guy with all the STUPID ideas'

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 04:52 PM    Msg. 11 of 17       
just trying an idea on to eliminate spawn kills. even better i think there should be 2 bases floating and blocked. each team, has there own. to enter the map below you, you must enter a portal to all the spawnpoints on the map. but when your out... YOUR OUT!

Gamma927

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 06:22 PM    Msg. 12 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gakatako
just trying an idea on to eliminate spawn kills. even better i think there should be 2 bases floating and blocked. each team, has there own. to enter the map below you, you must enter a portal to all the spawnpoints on the map. but when your out... YOUR OUT!

I'm sorry, but this map is not possible. If you're riding a Pelican to the ground, other players may not see that pelican, and all they see is you floating down to the ground. That's hardly the effect you want.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 07:23 PM    Msg. 13 of 17       
Unless you put a regular pelican in the map and have a player drive it.

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 05:37 PM    Msg. 14 of 17       
i no how 2 make the floatibg bases and spawn players when they join in them,firstopen the map up in sparkedit,select the base,duplicate it,and place it floating in the sky,to have ppl spawn in it just select a couple player spawns and move them onto the base, =D

its easier in sapien

anyway isn't that basicly what they did in coldsnap

Gamma927

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 06:17 PM    Msg. 15 of 17       
i no how 2 make the floatibg bases and spawn players when they join in them,firstopen the map up in sparkedit,select the base,duplicate it,and place it floating in the sky,to have ppl spawn in it just select a couple player spawns and move them onto the base, =D

Halo PC tools are inferior to Halo CE tools. It's much easier to do it in Sapien. You also can't script pelican drops in Halo PC, but you can in CE. However, that doesn't mean it's easy, but the difference is that it's possible.

Hawkeye

The original Hawkeye. (Now A-10 Hog)

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 08:36 PM    Msg. 16 of 17       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus

its easier in sapien

anyway isn't that basicly what they did in coldsnap

Yes, it is

Gamma927

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 06:34 PM    Msg. 17 of 17       
First of all, major bump. Second of all, why convert it to Custom, and back to PC? Just create it using HEK, and play it on Custom Edition.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 10, 2020 9:40 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website