A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »FileFront going down..

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: FileFront going down.. (75 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 04:55 AM    Msg. 1 of 75       
http://farewell.filefront.com/

Damn shame. This place was huge for hosting Unreal Tournament mods, as well as other popular games like Quake, Battlefield and Doom
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Mar 26, 2009 at 04:56 AM

jacknme

If you see this, you must be in an old topic

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 06:04 AM    Msg. 2 of 75       
5 days early for april fools. Well not really, since its supposed to go on March 30, 2009 - a day if April Fools.
So hell, i'm betting they r' fooling us.

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 06:40 AM    Msg. 3 of 75       
Goodbye filefront.

Tuaha

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 07:03 AM    Msg. 4 of 75       
Dead disappointment D:

Advancebo

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 08:14 AM    Msg. 5 of 75       
So what website do we use for on-the-spot releases and file sharing :V

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 08:31 AM    Msg. 6 of 75       
Mediafire?

jacknme

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 08:54 AM    Msg. 7 of 75       
mediafire gives me pop ups :(
And i still think its for Aprils fool

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 09:44 AM    Msg. 8 of 75       
Use RapidShare and the likes. Or just send over Xfire...

jacknme

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 09:50 AM    Msg. 9 of 75       
Rapidshare sucks for me.
Firstly you have to wait crappy 40 secnds.
Unfortunately my ISP likes to share our ip addresses so usually i get "download has expired" or "Wait xxxmin. Exceeded download limit for free user" since my isp somehow keeps switching my ip address. (Yes dennis that means i can download multiple files from halomaps at the same time :P)

CrossFade

Karrde's awesome brother.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 09:53 AM    Msg. 10 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: jacknme
mediafire gives me pop ups :(
And i still think its for Aprils fool

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 10:00 AM    Msg. 11 of 75       
Then find a new site. I'm sure there are plenty of good free ones out there that don't have the dumb "wait 40 seconds" thing.

jacknme

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 10:08 AM    Msg. 12 of 75       
Filehippo:P

Officer egg

Dancing is forbidden.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 02:44 PM    Msg. 13 of 75       
R.I.P.

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 03:46 PM    Msg. 14 of 75       
oh no, filefront is gone my life is so empty [/sarcasm]
*waits for ishhot to play online, custom game varients ftw*

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 03:49 PM    Msg. 15 of 75       
I have a account on mediafire works fine for me... except i had a account on filefront too :'( well i think it maybe april fools.

megahalofan12

Xbox Live/Xfire is: matthewdratt

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 04:56 PM    Msg. 16 of 75       

Half Jaw

You did good, son. You did good.

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 07:46 PM    Msg. 17 of 75       
Please god let it be a horrible joke.
Not filefront!
Now where will i get my downloads?

Greenfuzz

PM me if you have CoD MW for Wii

Posted: Mar 26, 2009 07:51 PM    Msg. 18 of 75       
Good bye filefront. I got all of my halo ce stuff there. Gonna miss it

Anyway, ymt, they cant get anyone else to manage it. Its probably cause of Americas craapy economy that they're shutting the site down. They dont have enough money to keep it up anymore.

I may be wrong. But either way, goodbye Filefrony

vmt

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 04:25 PM    Msg. 19 of 75       
America doesn't have a crappy economy the whole world does. It's not my fault the america is the only country that buys everything out of there country instead of making it them selfves so when people loose there jobs they loose there houses having no money to buy stuff so other countries dont have any money. What will really fail is if governments start to buy the banks because then they the governments can run the money for the country and thats not good.

I dont see why else they would be closing it though not like the people at filefront ever got anymoney anyways. But now its worse cause they cant afford to keep the site going and pay the employes.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 06:33 PM    Msg. 20 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: vmt
America doesn't have a crappy economy the whole world does. It's not my fault the america is the only country that buys everything out of there country instead of making it them selfves so when people loose there jobs they loose there houses having no money to buy stuff so other countries dont have any money. What will really fail is if governments start to buy the banks because then they the governments can run the money for the country and thats not good.

I dont see why else they would be closing it though not like the people at filefront ever got anymoney anyways. But now its worse cause they cant afford to keep the site going and pay the employes.
You really don't have a clue do you?

UGO, a part of the Hearst Corporation, acquired 1Up from Ziff-Davis; FileFront was not part of the sale and Ziff said it would try to continue to operate FileFront as part of the PC Magazine digital network. The publishing industry is struggling to cope with the changes that the Internet has brought and Ziff-Davis is no exception. The web advertizing model has not been as profitable as expected and magazine sales are lacking so income is down. When Income goes down you have to makes choices. Closing Filefront will reduce their bandwidth and server costs by a large number. I have nowhere near the traffic as Filefront but even this site is not cheap to operate. These are just business decisions that have to be made.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: Mar 27, 2009 06:44 PM    Msg. 21 of 75       
R.I.P Filefront.

Right, now time to get on with my life.

HogdriverOneFiveFive

Prodigal Son Returns-Actual Join Date April, 2006.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 01:44 AM    Msg. 22 of 75       
hmm... dennis why do you run this site if it costs you so much money? Why dont you just sell it and go buy a ferrari or two?

But then again... we will all miss filefront

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 02:30 AM    Msg. 23 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
Dennis, how much does this site cost to fully operate?
Common Questions about the Halo Maps Websites
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=401

electricSquid

Get ready for some chocolate pain...

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 07:22 AM    Msg. 24 of 75       
Hey, it's not just America. The Seychelles now officially have a debt that is equal to/greater than their economy. And it's bad for them especially, because their economy was mainly tourism-based before, and by now not many people are going to be taking expensive vacations to exotic places.

DEEhunter

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 11:14 AM    Msg. 25 of 75       
its about time people stopped using that horrible place.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 11:22 AM    Msg. 26 of 75       
FFFF, I should go download my tutorial from there before time runs up...

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 11:53 AM    Msg. 27 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: dark dolphin rider
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

you suck dee gtfo!

Dee's right

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 12:06 PM    Msg. 28 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

you suck dee gtfo!

Dee's right

dee's in h3mt right

Yea, and he's in TM, but why should that even matter?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 12:56 PM    Msg. 29 of 75       
As long as mediafire is there, then I'm fine.

DarkZealot

Time management: 40% Xbox, 30% PC, 30% Skating

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 01:01 PM    Msg. 30 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: doginthemafia
filefront.com nooo i have nothing to live for *pulls out gun* waaaaaa i might as well be dead*pulls trigger* gooodbye *gun jams* damn it!

Guns always jam in the worst scenarios....

AlwinRoth

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 01:11 PM    Msg. 31 of 75       
i did use filefront to download S4 league, other than that, i really dont find it any use.

vmt

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 05:01 PM    Msg. 32 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis
Quote: --- Original message by: vmt

You really don't have a clue do you?

UGO, a part of the Hearst Corporation, acquired 1Up from Ziff-Davis; FileFront was not part of the sale and Ziff said it would try to continue to operate FileFront as part of the PC Magazine digital network. The publishing industry is struggling to cope with the changes that the Internet has brought and Ziff-Davis is no exception. The web advertizing model has not been as profitable as expected and magazine sales are lacking so income is down. When Income goes down you have to makes choices. Closing Filefront will reduce their bandwidth and server costs by a large number. I have nowhere near the traffic as Filefront but even this site is not cheap to operate. These are just business decisions that have to be made.

so filefront is owned by a publihing company that isnt getting much money anymore? also to the poster above me filefront is more just a good website it has files for alots of games that the companies dont want to put on there site like star wars forces of corruption updates and games and stuff plus demoes.
Edited by vmt on Mar 28, 2009 at 05:04 PM

jacknme

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 02:00 AM    Msg. 33 of 75       
[Terribly off topic post]Now, i'm thinking that you probably never used macs before, or only used it once or heard from some guy on the internet or your friend that it has many bugs.
Sure, vista is sooo much better, it is so good that it is the first time that person are petitioning to save an older OS[aka windows xp] and so many people are complaining of compatibly problems and the toll that it takes on the system.
[/Terribly off topic post]

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 02:33 AM    Msg. 34 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: jacknme
[Terribly off topic post]Now, i'm thinking that you probably never used macs before, or only used it once or heard from some guy on the internet or your friend that it has many bugs.
Sure, vista is sooo much better, it is so good that it is the first time that person are petitioning to save an older OS[aka windows xp] and so many people are complaining of compatibly problems and the toll that it takes on the system.
[/Terribly off topic post]

ok so take this logic and apply it to this statement
your argument for macs being good and vista being bad is that people base their opinions on other opinions, even though you just put down vista based on what you have heard from other people.
oh that note, nothing has ever been a problem in vista for me. the only people i have ever heard complaining are semi-computer-literate people who's hobbies do not revolve around the use of a computer. not one piece of my software, some of which dates back to the 1990's, has ever had an issue being compatible with vista after compatibility modes were set. 2 examples: final fantasy 7 for the PC, and a game called heretic II

E: also, the gig of ram that people have up and decided is totally lost to vista is a big load of bull. i use vista home premium. the MOST the os has ever taken up was 800 mb of ram, and it usually only takes around 600. yes that is still alot, ill give you that. if i remember correctly, with my old laptop with 512 mb of ram, XP took up about 300 mb of that ram. i dont know if that was a problem on my end or just an XP standard. so far the only thing i envy from XP is that it takes less ram.
Edited by Donut on Mar 29, 2009 at 02:37 AM

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Mar 29, 2009 10:06 AM    Msg. 35 of 75       
It's your computer then, Vista never crashes for freezes on me.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri July 10, 2020 4:32 AM 546 ms.
A Halo Maps Website