A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »ai vehicles following command lists

Author Topic: ai vehicles following command lists (8 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 06:23 PM    Msg. 1 of 8       
so how exactly is this done?
someone posted a tutorial a while ago but it didn't work

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 06:39 PM    Msg. 2 of 8       
same. Adumbass's tutorial didn't work for me. it goes to the first point, but then no matter where i pu the 2nd point, even if its less than 1 metre way it still doesnt work. I even used the same bsp! anyways, well im pretty much telling you the same way Adumbass does it.
-first place the vehicle

-make your encounter and set them to moving_randomly_loop

-make the command list and set a radius of 3 or 5, then make them "go_to_and_face" with each point.

-script the ai to spawn magically into the vehicle. (vehicle_load_magic [vehicle] [seat] (ai_actors [encounter] )) and script the command list into the ai aswell. (ai_command_list [encounter] [command list])

if it doesnt work. Well i cant really help you from there. Except make the vehicle in guerilla so the ai can drive it.

adumbass

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 07:21 PM    Msg. 3 of 8       
Are you guys following the tutorial exactly? Did you edit your vehicle tags so ai can drive them?.. It doesn't matter if you set your encounter to moving_randomly_loop, that has nothing to do with it. Don't use the go_to_and_face command, just the go_to one.

sierra117

Posted: Apr 2, 2009 07:38 PM    Msg. 4 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: adumbass
Are you guys following the tutorial exactly? Did you edit your vehicle tags so ai can drive them?.. It doesn't matter if you set your encounter to moving_randomly_loop, that has nothing to do with it. Don't use the go_to_and_face command, just the go_to one.

oh ok. Well my vehicle is set right in guerilla. its porbably the go_to_and_face command thats stuffing me up. :)

Megaguirus

Om nom nom

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 12:31 PM    Msg. 5 of 8       

yes, gamma even checked over all my tags to see if they were right

i used a command lis to make my ai get in vehicles, dose that effect anything?

Edited by Megaguirus on Apr 3, 2009 at 12:34 PM

sierra117

Posted: Apr 3, 2009 09:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 8       
dont think so. Try scripting them in.

adumbass

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 01:24 AM    Msg. 7 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus

That shouldn't make a difference. You guys probably have something wrong somewhere in the tags, command list or script.

sierra117

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 01:26 AM    Msg. 8 of 8       
Quote: --- Original message by: Megaguirus

That shouldn't make a difference. You guys probably have something wrong somewhere in the tags, command list or script.

i think mines the command list. I can script well and my tag works good also. and im not that good at command lists, despite how simple they can be.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue January 21, 2020 1:29 PM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website