A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »WIP A GTA style map

Author Topic: WIP A GTA style map (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Halo Frooblet

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 10:09 AM    Msg. 1 of 1       
Sorry I don't have pictures of this map i'm making. It's about 10-20% modeled and will take me 2-3 weeks to finish modeling.

It will be a GTA style map thats designed for RPG and multiplayer asorted games. I invision it being two islands connected by a bridge. One island is going to be a metropolis with skyscrapers (kind of like New York City) and the other island is going to be a more average place, no skyscrapers and more sorta run down buildings.

I'm using GMAX :(!!!!!!!! Exporting is going to take forever (i'm gona download a trial of 3ds max 5 or 6 and then hack the comp time so i can keep using it i think... gmax exporting sucks)

Custom content i'm planning for the map
-The BSP (of course)
-Maybe a few guns (I'm gona use a lot of kingfish999's guns(save some time)) but might make some new stuff, or at least change kingfish999's a little for the better).
-Working on a battle destroyer ship vehicle (not the huge one... it's like 2-3x the size of the warthog)

Textures:
i suck at making textures. Also I dont have a photo editor that can export the right bitmaps for halo ce.
Can someone tell me if there is a free software out there that can make bitmaps for halo... either that or il have to get a trail... darn...

This map will be awesome but it will also be pretty big, I'll try to get a size estimate soon. I'm guessing about 2-4x the size of bloodgultch. Also, theres gona be a ton of polys to i think il keep the textures simple. (Im not that good with what lags and what not so if some1 can recommend what i do to keep the lag minimal).
Edited by Halo Frooblet on Apr 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM

update:
O great some roadblocks...

Alrite, so i wanted to export what iv finished.
I got rid of all the errors (open edges and whatnot) but then here came the roadblock/ the semi truck that doesnt plan on stopping at the red light)

###Error overlapping triangles (or polygons, i cant remember)
The problem is that non of them are overlapping!!!!
Do i have to rebuild all 100 some stupid triangles (most are very hard to find) or is there another way around this.
Will some1 reply...
btw i have pic im just having trouble uploading them

COMPUTERS HATE ME IN EVERYWAY (OR AT LEAST MY ANTIQUE 2003 HP PAVILIION DOES)
Edited by Halo Frooblet on Apr 7, 2009 at 08:14 PM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat December 7, 2019 6:37 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website