A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »C&C VS Halo

Author Topic: C&C VS Halo (24 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 11:34 AM    Msg. 1 of 24       
I was wanting to make a map where you could go spartans, covenant, GDI or Nod.I have loads of models from the reborn 2003 mod but i dont know how to animate the models or how to make them tags Can someone please help me.

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 07:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 24       
wasn't the reborn mod for tiberium sun? they're sprites, not models

i'm a big fan of C&C too, and i worked on it a bit, by converting a few units from Kanes Wrath to halo, but i got bored of it since there is a lack of interest for RTS game conversion to FPS.... not just because of the detaill difference i can tell you lol

well i could rig and tag them for you, just send me the skins and model files, i can rig 'bout 10 units a day so it depends on how much units you got, assuming it's not the tiberium sun mod =P

man, some C&C tiberium dawn (that's the first one) models in halo would be epic

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 08:15 PM    Msg. 3 of 24       

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 04:48 AM    Msg. 4 of 24       
that's awesome! i'll take a look at that when i'm home and post some pics tommorow if i can, i would lol if i can get the tick tank working like it does in C&C: TS xD

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 07:48 AM    Msg. 5 of 24       
Same here, the reborn team managed it so it cant be too hard:D. What do you think the map should be like?

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 04:22 PM    Msg. 6 of 24       
what i was saying is there are four teams-spartans, covenant, nod and GDI. and yeah i will put some sort of ruins, there will be weeds and there will be tiberium (maby some base structures)
Edited by sergeant_kenny on Apr 15, 2009 at 04:24 PM

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 05:58 AM    Msg. 7 of 24       
i'm dissapointed you say weeds :(

it's called tiberium, the red alert series use ore

the red tiberium you're talking about could be the veins and the veinhole wich is a sorta flood lol, same like the tiberium fiends

blue is explosive tiberium

and instead of elites, scrin, and instead of spartans, mutants, would make the picture complete xD

I've looked at the models, and the few that have the raw material is in gmax format, so i'll have to dig up some old CD's i burned with the modtools, i'll try getting in a few vehicles in the weekend

but you can't use different bone structures, aka elite and human, because the animation graph won't fit unless you make a new graph with both in wich i'm too lazy for heh

so i guess we're keeping the units human form and the tiberium creatures with flood anims,

for the vehicles we'll need new though

remember the first game CC TD? the veinhole was ALREADY in one of the hidden cutscenes, it looked awesome, maybe we should remake that, but first the tiberium trees i guess =P

so yea if you spawn at nod, just use a permutation trigger script to do that, totally possible but we never cared enough for it to actually do it, atleast i didn't care lol but in this case we could do that

however, we'll have to remodel the NOD and GDI armor in the cgi renders of CC TS cus the renegade models are low quality, that would be so awesome

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 06:09 AM    Msg. 8 of 24       
Yeah i have models of tiberium some trees and i wasent really sure what he ment when he seaid weeds.And i have a veinhole monster and buildings.

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 06:36 AM    Msg. 9 of 24       
srsly? that's awesome

btw ion cannon is possible to make in halo, use an infinite high arch or something i don't remember, but i have this tag that uses a PDA to mark a missle spot, so if we replace it with an ion beam, then it would be a fun super weapon

for nod, maybe an oversized nuke wich only spawns once in the base

lol actually making renegade in halo, well the good ones like Tiberium sun only =P

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 08:59 AM    Msg. 10 of 24       
yeah, its been done the other way around before. At least we have some good weapon ideas.

Also make sure the mammoth MKII is the right size.I think it is way undersized
Edited by sergeant_kenny on Apr 16, 2009 at 09:02 AM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Apr 16, 2009 11:50 AM    Msg. 11 of 24       
Use the set scale command to make it bigger then.

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 03:19 AM    Msg. 12 of 24       
lol ofcourse, it just fits under an orca wich is the size of the T&R ship, so i did consider that already

i rigged a few, the recon bike and the buggy, i'm going to do NOD first ofcourse hehehe

peace through powa kidz

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 17, 2009 08:10 AM    Msg. 13 of 24       
Yay, any pics yet?

Also how many nod things are there?

How are the vehicles doing?

Thets not make this a dead map
Edited by sergeant_kenny on Apr 19, 2009 at 02:04 PM

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 04:05 AM    Msg. 14 of 24       
sorry no pics yet, still working on getting the anims from renegade, it's easier when i figured that out than animating it myself

all the standard buildings from renegade are converted as scenery now, still have to make collisions for them

the laster turret from TS too

but everything is just in as scenery, i'm gonna do some vehicles with halo anims, like the medium tank is equal to the regular tank, but some like the MMK really need the original anims =P

i also got some models for renegade, the red alert 2 vehicles, look funny, but i won't convert those, i'm gonna try keeping it as tiberium seried as possible, ya know

i'll try getting some pics tommorow because i have some time to do a few this afternoon, promise

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:59 AM    Msg. 15 of 24       
YAY:D I have some pics of the basic map.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eu0g3q&s=5
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cftdfn&s=5

This is it basically.....the textures are really bad and the wall will look more wall like.The wall will be for the unsc base.

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:23 AM    Msg. 16 of 24       
Not really

BeachParty clan

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 05:34 AM    Msg. 17 of 24       
maps in TS are usually desert plains with high clifs, there wasn't even naval stuff in it

i just downloaded gmax (ugh) because RenX needs it, well i won't bother you all with the technical stuff, but i'm just gonna post some pics (finally) this afternoon

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 02:38 PM    Msg. 18 of 24       
Are the cliffs high enough

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 02:47 PM    Msg. 19 of 24       
Quote: --- Original message by: BunBun
Is it possible for me to make it so one team is covenant elites, and the other is Spartans? That was originally my plan for the map i'm making.
No. The Game engine will not permit it. Only one biped and it's permutations in a multiplayer game.

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 03:52 PM    Msg. 20 of 24       
Is it possible to add more teams instead of just red and blue?

Gamma927

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 04:40 PM    Msg. 21 of 24       
No. The number of teams are also hardcoded into the game engine.

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 04:51 PM    Msg. 22 of 24       
aw so much for 4 teams gdi will have to go with unsc and nod will have to go with covenant

Gamma927

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 05:15 PM    Msg. 23 of 24       
You can have 4 different teams for the AI, but you can't play on those teams. The player will be constrained to red and blue.

sergeant_kenny

Dweller Craft

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 05:34 PM    Msg. 24 of 24       
Thats not much good sorry

ive got new pics http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=282mdl5&s=5

ive added bridges http://i44.tinypic.com/2pourv9.jpg :D

Can someone renew this please
Edited by sergeant_kenny on May 13, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu August 13, 2020 7:24 AM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website