A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Forge?

Author Topic: Forge? (28 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 01:31 AM    Msg. 1 of 28       
ok i was in the new mummy 7 map and noticed you could do a little wierd forge thing. ok so this is what i was thinking. could we add like multiple weapons for it to drop. like have 6 difrent Sparks to fly in and srop weapons and a couple others that could lay out scenery?

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Apr 25, 2009 10:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: mastur cheef
no.

No, its not TOTALY imposible.. you can make a fake forge quite well.. make the first to players to join forced into monitor vehicles.. they are your builders (give em no exit animations so they cant get out) and then you can make fake volume triggers on the fronts of these guys.. they then move around, when somethings infront of em, hit flashlight.. have a script so that when something is within their imitation volumetrigger, and they have flashlight on, attach it to a marker on their front. Then move the item in question around, and hit flashlight to drop it. Make all moveable items in the map either weapons or vehicles (so make your trees and rocks vehicles so they have physics) and you can either make a menu to create random items in the middle of the map, or have a side area on each base with a picture menu that you can script in looking angles and a volume trigger so that when your monitor is there and looking at an option and hits flashlight, it creates that item there. (and might aswell include a trash item thing there aswell)

Yes, it wont be just like H3 (especialy since ive never played H3 to know what real forge is like), but its posible.. I has some screenshots from when I was working on it before I got to ADD

and then a random pic of me bouncing a rock around with a warthog.. those rocks really where to light lol

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 26, 2009 03:49 AM    Msg. 3 of 28       
you should realy stay at this it looks cool. heck we could forge blood gulch all we wanted then.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 11:30 PM    Msg. 4 of 28       
i know u can do this in hek but not like this where u can pick stuff up in game w/ players. it would just be like h3 forge.

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Apr 27, 2009 11:54 PM    Msg. 5 of 28       
Or you can try using HHT(Someone said it was possible, somehow, to use Halo CE maps on Halo Hacker Tools.) changing the projectiles for weapons to the objects you want to create, changing the HUD to gravity rifle(it has no HUD), and changing the Master Chief biped to "flying", or change it too the Monitor. That's wht I did to make my "Forge" kind of level. I've never tried a full-scale one, but I don't see how it wouldn't work.
Edited by Sinow on Apr 27, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Mythril
-
Screenshot Guru
-

Jeffrey Albert Waldo

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 12:20 AM    Msg. 6 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
no.

No, its not TOTALY imposible.. you can make a fake forge quite well.. make the first to players to join forced into monitor vehicles.. they are your builders (give em no exit animations so they cant get out) and then you can make fake volume triggers on the fronts of these guys.. they then move around, when somethings infront of em, hit flashlight.. have a script so that when something is within their imitation volumetrigger, and they have flashlight on, attach it to a marker on their front.

Only part I didn't understand. To my knowledge, there is no way to attach a trigger volume to something. Could you please explain?

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 12:29 AM    Msg. 7 of 28       
Or just use Sapien...

Sinow

Everybody Lies

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 01:37 AM    Msg. 8 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Or just use Sapien...

I think he means it wouldn't be quite the same nor as fun. If you make a level that you actually play in game while playing as a character, you can have other join as well as play. I would make one myself if Tool didn't reject bipeds or vehicles as projectiles.

This would be really easy on Halo PC though.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 06:58 AM    Msg. 9 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sinow
Or just use Sapien...

I think he means it wouldn't be quite the same nor as fun. If you make a level that you actually play in game while playing as a character, you can have other join as well as play. I would make one myself if Tool didn't reject bipeds or vehicles as projectiles.

This would be really difficult on Halo PC though.

ftfy

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 11:04 PM    Msg. 10 of 28       
ok this is what some people don't get is hek and sapien are levle creators where you can put stuff in difrent loacations but what i'm getting at is doing it in game so you don't have to download a new map each time. and you can just have one called EX: blood gulch forge. like the guy said before able to pick up scenery and stuff.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: Apr 28, 2009 11:55 PM    Msg. 11 of 28       
You know... you could easily do this with RTH, (real time halo.) now all we need is a coder... cause it only works for pc :'(

jacknme

If you see this, you must be in an old topic

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 07:29 AM    Msg. 12 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sinow
Or just use Sapien...

This would be really easy on Halo PC though.

Cough cough.
Introducing Halo ce's HHT! Yes we love you Patrick H.
Which came out long ago....
Just that its not very common but it can mod both Halo PC and ce

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 06:36 PM    Msg. 13 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
ok this is what some people don't get is hek and sapien are levle creators where you can put stuff in difrent loacations but what i'm getting at is doing it in game so you don't have to download a new map each time. and you can just have one called EX: blood gulch forge. like the guy said before able to pick up scenery and stuff.

you would not be able to save new maps.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:03 PM    Msg. 14 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: doginthemafia
yes it takes up too much memory! and it would take a alot of mad sciddles

No. It wouldn't take up any memory, because you CAN'T save anything that you do ingame. If you drove the warthog to the center of the map, you can't save that.

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:05 PM    Msg. 15 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: doginthemafia
yes it takes up too much memory! and it would take a alot of mad sciddles
Just... stop posting.

Slayer117

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:21 PM    Msg. 16 of 28       
there wouldn't be a save feature every time you would load the forge map it would just be like the other time when u started it.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: May 2, 2009 10:39 PM    Msg. 17 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mythril
Quote: --- Original message by: kirby_422
no.

No, its not TOTALY imposible.. you can make a fake forge quite well.. make the first to players to join forced into monitor vehicles.. they are your builders (give em no exit animations so they cant get out) and then you can make fake volume triggers on the fronts of these guys.. they then move around, when somethings infront of em, hit flashlight.. have a script so that when something is within their imitation volumetrigger, and they have flashlight on, attach it to a marker on their front.

Only part I didn't understand. To my knowledge, there is no way to attach a trigger volume to something. Could you please explain?

Id like to point out the word, FAKE. its not acualy a volume trigger, but it is basicly the same. only real noticable ingame differance is its a daimond instead of a square
(if (= (and (objects_can_see_object BIPED1 {OBJECT} 45) (objects_can_see_object BIPED2 {OBJECT} 45)) 1)
^part to fill in volume trigger slot^
this part is the simplest, you just place it where the volume test is. the 2 bipeds should be invisible and collisionless for best results.. the object is the same object witch you would have in the volume object test, the 45 is degrees is a size test, it changes the width of the area it checks, and the bipeds distance is the length of the Fake Trigger Volume, it acts the same as a volume trigger, except its daimond based instead of square based.

(script continuous requirementsforportavolumetrigger
(ai_attach BIPED1 ENCONTER) another one of the comands needs this, and you need to make a AI enconter with that name, and also make a squad with an actor_varient. (the actor varient is required, and I like having a squad of the same name just so it can target what ever it feels like)
(ai_attach BIPED2 ENCONTER) ^
(ai_look_at_object BIPED1 BIPED2) this makes the bipeds look at each other, and needs that since they are AI ^^
(ai_look_at_object BIPED2 BIPED1) ^
(objects_attach OBJECT-IT-MOVES-WITH "MARKER" BIPED1 "body") Places the bipeds on the moving object on the marker or frame
(objects_attach OBJECT-IT-MOVES-WITH "MARKER" BIPED2 "body") ^

{^OTHER COPYS OF ABOVE FOR OTHER FAKE TRIGGERZ^}

(sleep 30) Just so it doesnt constantly repeat every half a second, this is just once every second it will preform the task.
)

I had a file I wrote up to explain it to people a year ago, but it was annoying editing it since Halomaps no longer accepts the arrows around text..

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 4, 2009 06:17 PM    Msg. 18 of 28       
Actually I was thinking, that with the help of an external app, saving maps would be possible.

For instance, using memory hacking to actually track the position of ingame objects, and then copying and modifying the scenario tag, and then compiling the map using tool.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:29 AM    Msg. 19 of 28       
Ok, you figure out the memory block dedicated to runtime object positions

Gamma927

Posted: Jun 7, 2009 11:36 PM    Msg. 20 of 28       
^An example of why you should.

him withgun

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 01:58 AM    Msg. 21 of 28       
might sound retarded but find out how Microsoft did it and look at there code. if you can find it.
Looks freeakin sweet and would be soo cool. or another stupid response, why dont you try puting mastercheif and the bipeds into sapien then write the code or whatever to make it so that the senery and all that stuff is in the hud and can be used by the mouse? then you could save the "Map"\senario to how you like it? i dont know if this is stupid but it is just what i was thinking.
how ever you do it when you finsh it send me a message please my x fire ios himwithgun
good luck.

jacknme

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 08:48 AM    Msg. 22 of 28       
Quote: --- Original message by: him withgun
might sound retarded but find out how Microsoft did it and look at there code. if you can find it.
Looks freeakin sweet and would be soo cool. or another stupid response, why dont you try puting mastercheif and the bipeds into sapien then write the code or whatever to make it so that the senery and all that stuff is in the hud and can be used by the mouse? then you could save the "Map"\senario to how you like it? i dont know if this is stupid but it is just what i was thinking.
how ever you do it when you finsh it send me a message please my x fire ios himwithgun
good luck.

Did you ever wonder that "the code" is in Halo 3's game engine. And we have no way to edit Halo CE's engine, so that will not be impoosible.
Edited by jacknme on Jun 8, 2009 at 08:49 AM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 02:07 PM    Msg. 23 of 28       
good luck.

yup, as you predicted, both of those were retarded answers.

Advancebo

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 04:17 PM    Msg. 24 of 28       
good luck.

Halo 3 and Halo CE are 2 totally different games with totally different engines. What you suggested would be impossible.

him withgun

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 08:36 PM    Msg. 25 of 28       
yea i figured it would be but is it possible to play in sapien like you can in halo 2 sapein to test you map?

Gamma927

Posted: Jun 8, 2009 11:26 PM    Msg. 26 of 28       
You couldn't play in the Halo 2 Sapien without compiling the map...

jacknme

Posted: Jun 9, 2009 01:08 AM    Msg. 27 of 28       
Survive with one rule in this forum - If you think its stupid, don't post it.

him withgun

Posted: Jun 9, 2009 01:48 AM    Msg. 28 of 28       
ok my god it was a stupid statement lay off, i was just saying what i thought , and im pretty sure you can test your map in halo 2 sapien or at lest the tutorial scenario in sapien, i did moved boxes around and added weapons then played it without compiling. sorry if im wrong, but it was a year ago.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 10:50 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website