A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »slip space

Author Topic: slip space (35 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Arbiter419

ahhhh ha ha harrrgh demon no kill me

Posted: May 4, 2009 10:11 PM    Msg. 1 of 35       
yes as some of you know the long sword have a slip space drive supposedly is it possable to make a slower version of it ,meaning in a map say coldsnap you can boost in a longsword. just faster than a jet IS IT POSSABLE if so how and what would i use to do it

pakar45

Hi

Posted: May 4, 2009 10:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 35       
HEK. =\ and sapien, guerilla and tutorials :|

start off slow then keep advancing in areas of modding and making custom content instead of starting with scripts and nodes/vehicles.
Edited by pakar45 on May 4, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Advancebo

Posted: May 4, 2009 10:28 PM    Msg. 3 of 35       
Slipspace in Halo CE = fail

_TheArbiter_

"stupidity is an epidemic " - Donut

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:10 PM    Msg. 4 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
Slipspace in Halo CE = fail

I bet you dont even have a remote idea on how to do it, right?.

pakar45

Hi

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 35       
I do... but it's somewhat complicated and I don't have time to explain tonight, sorry for being a *** in my other post up there^

I have to get to bed for school tomorrow =\ tests. I will explain some other time if i have time.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 4, 2009 11:36 PM    Msg. 6 of 35       
You make a damage effect and control it through a function so when you press a certain button, it activates the damage effect and pushes you forward. It would be better with the longsword than with the ghost, because the longsword flies.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: May 5, 2009 12:52 AM    Msg. 7 of 35       
Look up the boosting tutorial for the ghost and implement it into the Longsword but I would think they would boost in space and not in a canyon.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:35 AM    Msg. 8 of 35       
except that slipspace is not boosting... so why try?

Advancebo

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:37 AM    Msg. 9 of 35       
And slipspace is traveling at the speed of light, far to large for a halo ce map.

jacknme

If you see this, you must be in an old topic

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:38 AM    Msg. 10 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
except that slipspace is not boosting... so why try?

Well, lets pretend we are in space, so implement the boost effect. Then use a blur script to create a maybe star wars light speed effect :P

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:39 AM    Msg. 11 of 35       
And slipspace is traveling at the speed of light, far to large for a halo ce map.

no, slipspace is traveling faster than the speed of light, except not really, you are just traveling through another dimension-like thing that spans the same actual distance in less.

jacknme

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:40 AM    Msg. 12 of 35       
Like a wormhole?

Advancebo

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:41 AM    Msg. 13 of 35       
Either way, its faster, and making a large enough map for it would suck in gameplay and fun.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 5, 2009 08:12 AM    Msg. 14 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arbiter419
yes as some of you know the long sword have a slip space drive supposedly is it possable to make a slower version of it ,meaning in a map say coldsnap you can boost in a longsword. just faster than a jet IS IT POSSABLE if so how and what would i use to do it
No, it does not. A slipspace reactor is about the size of a pelican. Longsword fighters do not have Slpispace drives. Which is why the Master Chief had to commandeer a Covenant Flagship in order to return to Earth after the destruction of the first Halo ring.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: May 5, 2009 10:28 AM    Msg. 15 of 35       
Read : ' First Strike ' for definition of SlipSpace. It is NOT Halo 2 Boosting.

jacknme

Posted: May 5, 2009 10:42 AM    Msg. 16 of 35       
Well, we never said it was, but we can use the boost effect to mimic Slipspace. Why? Because both slipspace and boosting makes things go faster, just that Slipspace in Halo would be impractical as Advancebo said

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: May 5, 2009 10:47 AM    Msg. 17 of 35       
Yeah , i was just trying to clear up the apparent misunderstanding , about SlipSpace and Boosting , sorry if i misunderstood that for a misunderstanding O_o. Anyway , the concept of SlipSpace is mundane , no maps made would be large enough for ships to jump.

Lone Warrior

-Himalayan Wizard and Mystical Guru of the Mts.-

Posted: May 5, 2009 11:03 AM    Msg. 18 of 35       
My idea on the matter would be to bind the 'slipspace' drive to the flashlight key, so that a script checks whent he flashlight is active, it plays an effect on the screen or whatever, and the script switches bsp's. Only problem with this is that it would not be suitable for MP unless all players were in the Longsword at the time of the bsp change.

As I have said, SP would be the better way to go if you wanted to implement it.

E1: Typo's
Edited by Lone Warrior on May 5, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 04:22 PM    Msg. 19 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
No, it does not. A slipspace reactor is about the size of a pelican. Longsword fighters do not have Slpispace drives. Which is why the Master Chief had to commandeer a Covenant Flagship in order to return to Earth after the destruction of the first Halo ring.

no it says in first strike that they removed the slip space drive from the longsword because of the nature of their mission.

Arbiter419

Posted: May 5, 2009 04:35 PM    Msg. 20 of 35       

ive read some where that longswords have a small slipspace generator if i find the link ill post it

and plus in the end when the first halo explodes mc escapes in a longsword

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 06:21 PM    Msg. 21 of 35       

ive read some where that longswords have a small slipspace generator if i find the link ill post it

the fact that he escapes has no relevance. All fighters, spaceships, and transportation vehicles have to have some sort of an engine. A regular engine is not a slipspace generator...

Arbiter419

Posted: May 5, 2009 06:43 PM    Msg. 22 of 35       
i never said it was if i did sorry what i meant was ive read on halopedia somewhere that the longsword have a slipspace generator and some where else that some 1 said that a pelican could have one then was corected and replyd that a pelican is to smal but a longsword is big enough to have one

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 5, 2009 06:55 PM    Msg. 23 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09

no it says in first strike that they removed the slip space drive from the longsword because of the nature of their mission.
They removed the cryo pods, not a slipspace engine. Longsword fighters do not have slipspace drives.

i never said it was if i did sorry what i meant was ive read on halopedia somewhere that the longsword have a slipspace generator and some where else that some 1 said that a pelican could have one then was corected and replyd that a pelican is to smal but a longsword is big enough to have one
No one said anything about pelicans having them. I said that a Slipspace reactor is the size of a pelican.

Did you even read my whole post? look at the bold.
Edited by Karrde on May 5, 2009 at 06:57 PM

Arbiter419

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:03 PM    Msg. 24 of 35       
omg did you red my post i said some one elso from some where else said that

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:08 PM    Msg. 25 of 35       

When Master Chief escapes in the Longsword, after he exits the atmosphere of Halo, he's stuck in space. The only way he got back to Earth, was by commandeering a Covenant ship, flying it to Reach, and taking control of the UNSC Gettysburg. The Longsword itself can't fly all the way back to Earth.

There are two kinds of Slipspace drives. I'm only going to cover the human drive, or the Shaw-Fujikawa drive. This uses quantum black holes to force a way between our current place, and the plane of Slipspace. The property of Hawking Radiation prevents the black holes from growing larger, and eating everything. However, in the small time that it's there, the ship is forced into that hole, leading to the Slipspace plane. Now, if you attempted this with a small flimsy fighter, such as the Longsword fighter, it might not survive the pressures of space.

Also, you can't put Slipspace into one map, because it's faster than light. It's not a boost. Slipspace is an entirely different plane of space, where space is altered. Think of it like a globe. Normal space would be like flying from San Francisco to China around the equator. Slipspace is like flying towards the Artic, and then heading down to China. The second path is quicker, because the path is shorter. It goes around our normal space, instead of going through it.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:11 PM    Msg. 26 of 35       
alright to settle this once and for all. Yes, longswords do not have Slipspace drives. My bad. The book merely states that it didn't have one. So lets drop it.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 5, 2009 07:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 35       
omg did you red my post i said some one elso from some where else said that
No, I didn't red your post. I'm sorry. I'll take care of it though. Here:

Edited by Karrde on May 5, 2009 at 07:16 PM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 5, 2009 09:05 PM    Msg. 28 of 35       
enough!

Advancebo

Posted: May 5, 2009 09:44 PM    Msg. 29 of 35       
And HaloPedia is not all true facts, its made up by other random people on the internet. Wiki just gives them something to start out with.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: May 5, 2009 10:03 PM    Msg. 30 of 35       
Longswords have the ability to have Slipspace drives, but the one in First Strike didn't have one at the time.

OrangeJuice

"especially not the so called 'helpful' types."

Posted: May 5, 2009 10:54 PM    Msg. 31 of 35       
And HaloPedia is not all true facts, its made up by other random people on the internet. Wiki just gives them something to start out with.

OOOOOOOOOOh.... did some random school teacher come up to you and say this to try to demote wiki?

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: May 6, 2009 12:47 AM    Msg. 32 of 35       
I suggested the Ghost boosting tutorial because in order for the Longsword to go into "Slip space" your are going to be doing the same thing. I can care less what your call it, boosting or jumping in Slip Space either way your going faster than you do without it.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 6, 2009 04:28 PM    Msg. 33 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: RougeSpartan414
Longswords have the ability to have Slipspace drives, but the one in First Strike didn't have one at the time.
*facepalm*

Let me say this clearly. Longsword fighters do not have slpispace drives, can not have slipspace drives, and will never have slipspace drives. They are simply too small. They would be crushed by the gravitational stresses of entering and/or leaving a slipstream. In First Strike, they had to heavily reinforce the frame of a Spirit Dropship before launching it from the Ascendant Justice while inside a slipstream, and even then they still suffered multiple hull breaches and system failures. Spirit Dropships are comparable in size to a Longsword. So I will say it again.

LONGSWORD FIGHTERS DO NOT HAVE SLIPSPACE DRIVES.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 6, 2009 06:18 PM    Msg. 34 of 35       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

When Master Chief escapes in the Longsword, after he exits the atmosphere of Halo, he's stuck in space. The only way he got back to Earth, was by commandeering a Covenant ship, flying it to Reach, and taking control of the UNSC Gettysburg. The Longsword itself can't fly all the way back to Earth.

There are two kinds of Slipspace drives. I'm only going to cover the human drive, or the Shaw-Fujikawa drive. This uses quantum black holes to force a way between our current place, and the plane of Slipspace. The property of Hawking Radiation prevents the black holes from growing larger, and eating everything. However, in the small time that it's there, the ship is forced into that hole, leading to the Slipspace plane. Now, if you attempted this with a small flimsy fighter, such as the Longsword fighter, it might not survive the pressures of space.

Also, you can't put Slipspace into one map, because it's faster than light. It's not a boost. Slipspace is an entirely different plane of space, where space is altered. Think of it like a globe. Normal space would be like flying from San Francisco to China around the equator. Slipspace is like flying towards the Artic, and then heading down to China. The second path is quicker, because the path is shorter. It goes around our normal space, instead of going through it.

You really think you can fit a drive that does this onto a flimsy fighter?

jakallan3

Who ordered Marinizza with extra officer!

Posted: May 7, 2009 05:22 PM    Msg. 35 of 35       
Answer: Jesus Christ couldent jam that thing into a longsword and they are already a pain why give em' a slipspace drive?

And by the way you started this post how the h*ll am i supposed to belive you can build it.

"Now, if you attempted this with a small flimsy fighter, such as the Longsword fighter, it might not survive the pressures of space." -Gamma927

Correction: Its gonna be a UNSC Pinita and the candy is the idiot marines dumb enough to fly it. Its a UNSC Deathtrap :O

And master cheif couldent survive in that one Longsword, because he'd loose his mind and probably open the facking doors and kill him self in space, kinda like jumping out a bus going 60 miles an hour to play catch :l

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 9:02 AM 734 ms.
A Halo Maps Website