A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Machinima Forum »General Machinima Discussions »Halo Movie and Programs. Also one other question.

Author Topic: Halo Movie and Programs. Also one other question. (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

videoman

We are Microsoft, Resistance is Futile

Posted: May 8, 2009 10:13 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Hey there! I have made a Halo Machinima but i would like to tip and advice on what Program to use (Besides Halo) and what game to use (Halo PC, Halo CE, Halo 2 PC or Xbox, Halo 3) I was thinking about using Halo CE and Halo 2 for Vista but i am not all that sure. I would also like to know where i this forum to ask about the next "Halo Book". Because i am writing a book and then sending it to Microsoft. The thing is, is that i have no idea where to send me Halo Book Idea (to Microsoft or to some other people who might like it).

Can anyone please answer these questions?

Thanks

Kenshin3661

Posted: May 8, 2009 11:51 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
I would say make machinimas with Halo 2, and Halo 3. But to be honest, eventually Halo PC and Halo CE will be over-runned because of a new computer update, like all the windows 98 games got over-runned cause windows xp, and windows vista came out. You never know, just try all of them, Halo 2 and Halo 3 would be the easiest cause their on mics and they aint got the balls to do some stuff, and also rare to see people filming on those games. Halo CE and PC on the other hand is hard to find good actors who will take the time to listen. I would recommend sending the book to both, Microsoft and Bungie. After all bungie is the true creator of the Halo series.

videoman

Posted: May 9, 2009 12:10 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Thanks for the feed back! Here is the issue with making a Machinima in Halo 3:
1. It's kinda hard to "Photo Shop" images into the Video (that is if you want to, and I want to do it)
2. It's kinda Hard to get really good Footage with good video quality (and i have a Diamond One-Touch Video capture device, and NO i do not have a Pinnacle Video capture device because i heard they are hard to use and they suck)

Halo 2 on the other hand is a bit easier because there is Halo 2 for PC (and Xbox, of course) and you can do more stuff on a PC based games. You'd be surprised by how many people i have seen on Halo CE and PC lately. I have no idea why though.

And thanks for the Book related help! I could not figure out who to send it to so... Thanks

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 9, 2009 06:31 AM    Msg. 4 of 11       
You realize you need permission because the entire thing is copyrighted material, so technically you could be fined/arrested for actually publishing fan fiction.

videoman

Posted: May 9, 2009 08:09 AM    Msg. 5 of 11       
I don't think i ever said the i was going to Publish it. I only want to sent it to Bungi (or Microsoft) and see if they like my ideas for the Halo Book i am writing. That all, no Publishing it. All i want to do is see if they will except it.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 9, 2009 10:00 AM    Msg. 6 of 11       
And what will you do if they accept it? They still won't give you rights to release it. The most you can do, is make it a pdf, and paste it all over major forums.

videoman

Posted: May 9, 2009 11:21 AM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Man people these days are somewhat negative. Does and one ever heard of "Constructive Criticism"? Does anyone even believe in such a thing any more? Because i still do. I try to Help people, NOT put them down and say they can't do what they believe in or not give them Courage. I try do try to give them Courage and give them the boast them need to get them on the right track. So that's what i do.
Edited by videoman on May 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 10, 2009 09:59 AM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: videoman

Man people these days are somewhat negative. Does and one ever heard of "Constructive Criticism"? Does anyone even believe in such a thing any more? Because i still do. I try to Help people, NOT put them down and say they can't do what they believe in or not give them Courage. I try do try to give them Courage and give them the boast them need to get them on the right track. So that's what i do.
Edited by videoman on May 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

OK, way to waste an entirely "inspiring speech" on a "negative crowd", there.

No, but seriously, we are not putting you down. We are merely stating that your book may be illegal if you decide to publish it. No need to raise dust about it.

Secondly, give constructive critcism on what? What have you shown that needs constructive criticism. Your book? You haven't said anything about it, just "IMA WRITING A BOOK!!!1".

Lastly, this may have sounded negative, but I'm replying in the same fashion you did.

videoman

Posted: May 10, 2009 04:59 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Ok. Do you all want to know what the book is about? Well here's the Name: The Last of the Covenant. it is about what happens after Halo 3... but that's all i am going to say for now...
Edited by videoman on May 10, 2009 at 08:47 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 12, 2009 10:24 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: videoman

Ok. Do you all want to know what the book is about? Well here's the Name: The Last of the Covenant. it is about what happens after Halo 3... but that's all i am going to say for now...
Edited by videoman on May 10, 2009 at 08:47 PM

If you're planning on publishing this without the consent of Microsoft, expect to be sued. If you just want to post it on the internet, then it will be a fan-fiction. In which case, here is a good website to read / post fan-fiction: http://halosn.bungie.org/fanfic//url]

videoman

Posted: May 15, 2009 06:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Well then how do i get the "consent of Microsoft"? is there i E-mail that i can contact them by? and if so, what is it?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun May 24, 2020 10:11 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website