A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Need help..im new. (i read the rules).

Author Topic: Need help..im new. (i read the rules). (7 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SGTsamuel

Life Continues On With Or Without You.....

Posted: May 17, 2009 09:39 PM    Msg. 1 of 7       
Hey guys, im new here and i'll need to ask a few things....Is the game for everything? like you can make anything for the game? sorry if im breaking any rules...im new (n00b).....

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 17, 2009 09:49 PM    Msg. 2 of 7       
This game (Halo Custom Edition) uses a six year old engine. There's bound to be a few engine-limitations, such as AI don't sync online.

SGTsamuel

Life Continues On With Or Without You.....

Posted: May 17, 2009 09:51 PM    Msg. 3 of 7       
Huh, i never really knew there would be limitations...well thanks for dropping by.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: May 17, 2009 10:02 PM    Msg. 4 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: SGTsamuel
Huh, i never really knew there would be limitations...well thanks for dropping by.

Every game made for PC has limitations. Even consoles.

tygron

Furry and proud :3

Posted: May 17, 2009 10:14 PM    Msg. 5 of 7       

There a a ton of things that are possible... but there are limits on things that can be done. The game engine is only powerful enough to do so much and since Bungie will never open source it to us we can not fix or make changes to the engine to make the thigns we want to work work. Theres a ton of things that we wish were possible, but because of this limitation alas they are not.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 17, 2009 10:30 PM    Msg. 6 of 7       
Quote: --- Original message by: tygron

There a a ton of things that are possible... but there are limits on things that can be done. The game engine is only powerful enough to do so much and since Microsoft will never allow Bungie to open source it to us we can not fix or make changes to the engine to make the things we want to work work. Theres a ton of things that we wish were possible, but because of this limitation alas they are not.

FTFY

Open Sauce allows you to make modifications to the engine, but even then, many things still aren't possible.

Ninjadude

Posted: May 19, 2009 04:29 PM    Msg. 7 of 7       
Halo Custom Edition is one of the games which is easiest to mod "professionally" by this i mean you could fool someone into thinking you were playing a different game, and not halo CE. For unprofessional modding please see H2V

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 7:33 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website