A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Portal Game Maps (Valve) »Portal Game Play Discussion »Sorry for doing this...

Author Topic: Sorry for doing this... (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SGTsamuel

Life Continues On With Or Without You.....

Posted: May 17, 2009 09:47 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
As some of you know im new here, im an experienced mapper for some PSP games and only completed 1 map so far *warhouse* its a map i made for Kurok.......i'd like to ask a few things...What is portal? and why haven't i heard of it ?

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: May 17, 2009 10:41 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: SGTsamuel
As some of you know im new here, im an experienced mapper for some PSP games and only completed 1 map so far *warhouse* its a map i made for Kurok.......i'd like to ask a few things...What is portal? and why haven't i heard of it ?
What? PSP mapper? No one here really knows you bra. Portal is a game, that you make portals/teleporters to get through mazes. Not only that, but you have to use objects to overcome certain obstacles.

SGTsamuel

Posted: May 17, 2009 10:52 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
soo erm, its just a 2D or 3D game? give me something! like a picture or link soo i can have a look.

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: May 17, 2009 11:03 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
If you looked at the Portal modding page, you'd see some screenshots of user made maps there.

Or maybe if you USED GOOGLE, you'd find out yourself.

SGTsamuel

Posted: May 17, 2009 11:33 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Whats your problem? im just trying to know what is this really and your all ready giving me heck!! maybe it was a bad idea. i should've just listened...
Edited by SGTsamuel on May 17, 2009 at 11:33 PM

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: May 17, 2009 11:40 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Uhh, what? Go to www.google.com and search Portal. You'll get a few million, possibly billion results.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: May 18, 2009 12:58 AM    Msg. 7 of 11       

Whats your problem? im just trying to know what is this really and your all ready giving me heck!! maybe it was a bad idea. i should've just listened...

You shouldn't be posting in a forum if you don't know what game it's for. Google it.
Edited by Nexus Halo on May 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: May 18, 2009 12:26 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo

You shouldn't be posting in a forum if you don't know what game it's for. Google it.
Edited by Nexus Halo on May 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Not all forums are for gaming, but most are.

Nexus Halo

Posted: May 18, 2009 09:00 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Well if you see one entitled "Portal Game Play Discussion" instead of Making a topic asking what it is be smart and google it. It's not difficult.

Boomstriker

YOU ARE DEAD,NOT BIG SURPRISE

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 08:32 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Guys really,just stop all he wanted to know what portal is geez no reason to start spaming google it maybe he just wanted to know or he couldnt google it

anyway back on topic

Portal is a single-player first-person action/puzzle video game developed by Valve Corporation. The game was released in a bundle package called The Orange Box for Microsoft Windows and Xbox 360 on October 9, 2007and for the PlayStation 3 on December 11, 2007. The Windows version of the game is also available for download separately through Valve's content delivery system Steam and was released as a standalone retail product on April 9, 2008. A stand-alone version called "Still Alive" was released on the Xbox 360 Live Arcade system on October 22, 2008; this version includes an additional fourteen puzzles.

The game consists primarily of a series of puzzles that must be solved by teleporting the player's character and simple objects using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device ("ASHPD", also dubbed the "portal gun"), a unit that can create inter-spatial portals between flat planes. The player character is challenged by an AI named "GLaDOS" to complete each puzzle in the "Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center" using the portal gun with the promise of receiving cake when all the puzzles are completed. The unusual physics allowed by the portal gun are the emphasis of this game and are an extension of a similar portal concept in Narbacular Drop; many of the team members from the DigiPen Institute of Technology that worked on Narbacular Drop were hired by Valve for the creation of Portal.

Portal has been acclaimed as one of the most original games in 2007, despite being comparatively short in length. The game has received praise for its unique gameplay and darkly humorous story, created with the assistance of Erik Wolpaw and Chet Faliszek of "Old Man Murray" fame. It has also received acclaim for the character of GLaDOS, voiced by Ellen McLain in the English version, and the final credits song "Still Alive" written by Jonathan Coulton for the game. The game's popularity has led to official merchandise from Valve including plush Companion Cubes, and fan creations such as recreations of the cake and replicas of the "portal gun."

"wikipedia"

Nexus Halo

Posted: Dec 30, 2009 11:18 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Look at the dates. By now I'm sure the guy knows what game it is. :P

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 24, 2017 4:41 PM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website