A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »is there anyway to unprotect the protected map

Page 1 of 8 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Next
Author Topic: is there anyway to unprotect the protected map (268 messages, Page 1 of 8)
Moderators: Dennis

peacelover

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:15 PM    Msg. 1 of 268       
is there anyway to unprotect the protected maps? just wondering if it is possible

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:16 PM    Msg. 2 of 268       
Encription codes or something else.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:18 PM    Msg. 3 of 268       
You shouldn't be unprotecting tags that people don't wan't you to be unprotecting..

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:27 PM    Msg. 4 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
You shouldn't be unprotecting tags that people don't wan't you to be unprotecting..

But...that's not what he asked. And yes, their are numerous ways.

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:30 PM    Msg. 5 of 268       
You can guess but it will take like... 1-5 years maybe nerver tried it.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:32 PM    Msg. 6 of 268       
ALL YOUR TAGS ARE BELONG TO US
... pretend I never said that.
There is a way, but it is very complex and since it is a very controversial subject I am around 99.99999% sure no one will tell you how to unprotect maps. I'll give you a random hint that probably wont help:
<protected>
is an invalid file name. Don't ask how that might do anything.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on May 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:32 PM    Msg. 7 of 268       
Meh, unless you do it manually, it could take a couple of seconds with a super computer. (Depends if there is a password).

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: May 21, 2009 10:36 PM    Msg. 8 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

But...that's not what he asked. And yes, their are numerous ways.

right^, while it is frowned upon by the community (for the most part) to unprotect maps (and protecting them in the first place), there have been a few apps held by lofty members over at modacity, and possibly a few of them on here.

you asked because you wanted to find one though, am i right? dont try, because anyone who has one that works will not give it to you, and anyone who gives you an app that supposedly unprotected the map may just as well be giving you a virus of some sort, which is why i mentioned that the community frowns upon it.

perhaps a better description would have been "the community takes the idea, covers it in home made napalm and sets it afire while simultaneously looping several different episodes of "the view" with rosie o donnel and making insincere attempts at extinguishing the fire by spitting upon it"

so yeah basically, dont go looking because chances are you wont find anything
E: damn you people and your typing dexterity. added kid's quote
Edited by Donut on May 21, 2009 at 10:37 PM

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

ALL YOUR TAGS ARE BELONG TO US
... pretend I never said that.
There is a way, but it is very complex and since it is a very controversial subject I am around 99.99999% sure no one will tell you how to unprotect maps. I'll give you a random hint that probably wont help:
 is an invalid file name. Don't ask how that might do anything.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on May 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I think it's invalid because '' are characters that cannot be used in Halo.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:28 PM    Msg. 10 of 268       
Quotations are used when you use a server to do something, like this for example:
rcon blah sv_say "Hello"

RougeSpartan414

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:31 PM    Msg. 11 of 268       
That's odd. Something/someone deleted part of my post. What I said was the character aren't/can't be used.

Odd...

Now they're gone again.

< and > cannot be used in Halo

Fixed it. Those 2 characters cannot be used here either...
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on May 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:33 PM    Msg. 12 of 268       
Quotes in Halo, Halo Custom Edition, Sapien, and Tool are only necessary if you have spaces in your command.

for example:

sv_say Hello will work
sv_say "Hello" will work

sv_say "Hello thar" will work
sv_say Hello thar won't work

RougeSpartan414

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:34 PM    Msg. 13 of 268       
I know " can be used in Halo, but HaloMaps doesn't seem to support the arrows.
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on May 21, 2009 at 11:35 PM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: May 21, 2009 11:40 PM    Msg. 14 of 268       
thats basicaly robbing a bank!

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:43 AM    Msg. 15 of 268       
I honestly think, that if your going to make a map for the public to use, with your most valuable possessions, then it shouldn't be protected. If you were so god damned worried about people ripping your content, then you shouldn't have released it in the first place. "Someone" is going to "unprotect" your content somehow. People are practically ripping from H3 already.

RougeSpartan414

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:48 AM    Msg. 16 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
Yeah but you don't see Bungie saying they will break your legs for ripping from Halo 3.

Well that's obvious, I use my computer with my hands, not my feet.

Advancebo

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:48 AM    Msg. 17 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
I honestly think, that if your going to make a map for the public to use, with your most valuable possessions, then it shouldn't be protected. If you were so god damned worried about people ripping your content, then you shouldn't have released it in the first place. "Someone" is going to "unprotect" your content somehow. People are practically ripping from H3 already.

Not really people, but only like 3-5 persons can rip from Halo 3.

iTails

Posted: May 22, 2009 02:06 AM    Msg. 18 of 268       
Yeah but you don't see Bungie saying they will break your legs for ripping from Halo 3.
Where in my post did I say Bungie would break your limbs? Or anyone for that matter?

My point was, its not big deal. Your probably going to lose the friggen content anyways or trash it because you have a newer, updated, or better version of the content.

iTails

Posted: May 22, 2009 02:09 AM    Msg. 19 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
Where in my post did I say Bungie would break your limbs? Or anyone for that matter?

Where in my post did I say you did?

^There.

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:14 AM    Msg. 20 of 268       
DZ made an unprotector, but he never gave it to anyone anyway.

It defeats the purpose of protecting tags if you can rip them. So stop trying to get tags ppl don't want you to get.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 22, 2009 11:19 AM    Msg. 21 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: MartynLeeBall
If you unprotect a map you are STEALING tags, because you dont have the authority to have the tags. And I dont care what Bungie/Microsoft say that once something has gone through tool it belongs to anyone.
You may not care what the copyright and Intellectual property laws say but they are there and as a result you CAN NOT own anything created for or from the Halo game. You CAN NOT own anything that looks like or resembles a Halo asset. It doesn't matter if you cut off your hand and sold you first born child, took 6 years 24 hours a day of your life to create the Tags. You donít own them and once you place them into the public you have absolutely no control over what people do with them.

I am sick and tired of this argument and petty BS over the toys you play with. I have half a mind to just program a "un-protector" and end this stupid childish nonsense once and for all.

Edited by Dennis on May 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Hry

:)

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:50 PM    Msg. 22 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

If you unprotect a map you are STEALING tags, because you dont have the authority to have the tags. And I dont care what Bungie/Microsoft say that once something has gone through tool it belongs to anyone.
You may not care what the copyright and Intellectual property laws say but they are there and as a result you CAN NOT own anything created for or from the Halo game. You CAN NOT own anything that looks like or resembles a Halo asset. It doesn't matter if you cut off your hand and sold you first born child, took 6 years 24 hours a day of your life to create the Tags. You donít own them and once you place them into the public you have absolutely no control over what people do with them.

I am sick and tired of this argument and petty BS over the toys you play with. I have half a mind to just program a "un-protector" and end this stupid childish nonsense once and for all.

Best post ever.

Get owned hunter.

Gh0st_Elit3

I smell food.

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:59 PM    Msg. 23 of 268       
Quote: --- Original message by: Hry
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Best post ever.

Get owned hunter.

Wtf? Grammar ring a bell?

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: May 22, 2009 03:49 PM    Msg. 24 of 268       
Dennis is a good cheese grater. Apparently.
Edited by Koo294 on May 22, 2009 at 04:34 PM

iTails

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:01 PM    Msg. 25 of 268       
All anyone around here is worried about is recognition. Its the internet for christ sake.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:02 PM    Msg. 26 of 268       

Edit: Tbh, I cant be arsed. And yeah Koo, Dennis probably would of banned me for pointing out the truth, he does not like the truth as he is old and in control of kids :/ He is a more powerful human, we are different humans :@
Edited by MartynLeeBall on May 22, 2009 at 03:57 PM

He simply has different opinions and ideals than you.
Something that is intolerable to many nowadays, shame.

RougeSpartan414

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:05 PM    Msg. 27 of 268       
Good thing I read the post before MartynLeeBall edited it. All I have to say is this: You are an idiot.

iTails

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:45 PM    Msg. 28 of 268       
What ever, you people need to think more.
About what? The fact that your work is pretty much meaningless when it hits the download page?

Koo294

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:46 PM    Msg. 29 of 268       

I do agree, in a way, its annoying, but it's not like a professional game or anything. It doen't generate income. Just ignore the newbies using your tags, as everyone else does, and if a decent map is made with them, the maker is likely to credit you, and so you will be happy your tags were included. Simple.

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: May 22, 2009 04:49 PM    Msg. 30 of 268       

What do you mean, "You people"?

Koo294

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:09 PM    Msg. 31 of 268       
Certain people, not all of you. You will all come to a stage where you see the points that I am seeing. Trust me. A lot changes as you turn into an adult...

Since when does being an adult affect how you use your tags?

delta49

I don't always make shaders..

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:15 PM    Msg. 32 of 268       
Certain people, not all of you. You will all come to a stage where you see the points that I am seeing. Trust me. A lot changes as you turn into an adult...

Dennis is an adult, and I don't see him "seeing the points that you are seeing".

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:19 PM    Msg. 33 of 268       
I have tried to see your point numerous times.We disagree on things, big deal.
You will be faced with this situation many times in life, both work and social.
You must learn to agree to disagree and bite your tongue.
Edited by Maniac1000 on May 22, 2009 at 05:21 PM

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:21 PM    Msg. 34 of 268       
It's Halo CE. Cmon, what you are saying or what I'm only understanding from you is that you think everything you put into the engine is yours. Do you plan on making a profit? Do you just want internet popularity? I don't understand why you care if other people use things you worked on. You are using things Bungie and GBX has worked on.

Your argument goes against the foundation in which this community is built on. This community strives on open source like many other modding communities. I'm sick of all this crap like Dennis.

I guess laws are pointless when you turn into an adult...

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.Ē ― Carl Sagan

Posted: May 22, 2009 05:43 PM    Msg. 35 of 268       

Edit: Tbh, I cant be arsed. And yeah Koo, Dennis probably would of banned me for pointing out the truth,
Please do point out the truth as you know it. I at least can back up what I say with legal documents on record in every state and federal law library in the country.

The truth as it actually is, is simple: You can possess the tags but you can't own them. If you can't own them you can't control what people do with them once they are no longer in your possession.

They are not yours you have no inherent right to them, you can't sell them and you can't tell people how to or not use them. It makes no difference how long you took or what it cost you to write them. If they are in or for the Halo game or they are not yours.

That is the basic truth of the situation. Any other argument is moot.

Page 1 of 8 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · 8 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 11:14 AM 328 ms.
A Halo Maps Website