A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »destructible vehicles list

Author Topic: destructible vehicles list (22 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

recofpc

Posted: May 22, 2009 01:18 PM    Msg. 1 of 22       
how about making the list of destroyable vehicles ?
here is the only one I know for now :

-- C_dropship multi elite ( found in the folder "C_dropship multi) : I don't know where i got it though...
Edited by recofpc on May 22, 2009 at 03:50 PM

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: May 22, 2009 03:47 PM    Msg. 2 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: MartynLeeBall
Errmmm. That is not a vehicle, it sounds like a texture name... Do you know what a destructable vehicle is?

Is actually.

recofpc

Posted: May 22, 2009 03:48 PM    Msg. 3 of 22       
sorry I meant " destroyable" ( sorry for my english)
and it's not a texture, it 's a .vehicle
Edited by recofpc on May 22, 2009 at 03:49 PM

MissingSpartan7

I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Posted: May 22, 2009 08:20 PM    Msg. 4 of 22       
have a good look at H2_coagulation
its by masters1337

recofpc

Posted: May 22, 2009 08:29 PM    Msg. 5 of 22       
yes ,thanks, I found as well peril_H3, its vehicles can be destroyed too.
But I 'm wondering how to do that. I 'd just like the vehicles to be useless after some damage

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 22, 2009 08:55 PM    Msg. 6 of 22       
It's all in the collision geometry. Examine the wraith's collision geometry (extract from campaign), and some other ones.

sierra117

If sex is good exercise, why are there fat sluts?

Posted: May 25, 2009 04:50 AM    Msg. 7 of 22       
im pretty sure the Pelican, Covenant Dropship, Warthog, R Warthog, and the Longsword arn't destroyable by default.

recofpc

Posted: May 25, 2009 11:13 AM    Msg. 8 of 22       
I agree, they 're not destroyable by default but some modders made ones on their maps and i'm searching for it !
I knew the covenant dropshi^, warthog, gauss hog, ghost , were destroyable on H2_coagulation and peril_H3, but I didn't know about the ones you said ymt ! Can you give the name of maps which contains these destroyable vehicles ?

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: May 25, 2009 12:32 PM    Msg. 9 of 22       
just so you know, destroyable vehicles do not sync over any form of connection. projectiles from weapons DO, so technically it SHOULD sync, but anybody who joins will see the vehicle with 100% health. so it doesnt sync

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 25, 2009 12:35 PM    Msg. 10 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Donut
just so you know, destroyable vehicles do not sync over any form of connection. projectiles from weapons DO, so technically it SHOULD sync, but anybody who joins will see the vehicle with 100% health. so it doesnt sync

It syncs in that one Coagulation map, forgot the name though :|
Masterz said he could make it better than in that map though.

Donut

Posted: May 25, 2009 12:38 PM    Msg. 11 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5

i want to know how. even if you use the biped-vehicle syncing method, people who join after the fact will still see pristine vehicles

Koo294

Posted: May 25, 2009 12:48 PM    Msg. 12 of 22       

i want to know how. even if you use the biped-vehicle syncing method, people who join after the fact will still see pristine vehicles

i know the destroyed vehicles are different vehicles spawned when the vehicles are destroyed...

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 25, 2009 01:41 PM    Msg. 13 of 22       

I have absolutely no idea. Masterz said some stuff about it during the broadcast yesterday.

Masters1337

halonaminator's unfortunate idol

Posted: May 25, 2009 01:48 PM    Msg. 14 of 22       
The way I did destroyable vehicles in MP was by spawning vehicles in the death effect. The clients will never have information about a vehicles health pushed to them, but vehicle location is. if a vehicle disappears on the server, it disappears on the clients. If a vehicle is created on the server, then it is pushed on the clients. So in H2 coag what you see is this.

Hog takes damage
Hog on the server end health is depleted
Death effect happens, but since vehicle health isn't pushed, it only happens on the server.
New vehicle/s are spawned on server through that effect, location pushed to clients.
Old vehicle is destroyed on server, it not longer has a location, that is pushed to clients.

Destroyable vehicles :).

Donut

Posted: May 25, 2009 01:51 PM    Msg. 15 of 22       
oh hell. that opens up some possibilities for ideas i had before

Koo294

Posted: May 25, 2009 02:10 PM    Msg. 16 of 22       
Told you so. Its how the longswords work also.
Edited by Koo294 on May 25, 2009 at 02:11 PM

Sabre

I joined RB in protecting Donut's avatar.

Posted: May 25, 2009 02:20 PM    Msg. 17 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Masters1337
The way I did destroyable vehicles in MP was by spawning vehicles in the death effect. The clients will never have information about a vehicles health pushed to them, but vehicle location is. if a vehicle disappears on the server, it disappears on the clients. If a vehicle is created on the server, then it is pushed on the clients. So in H2 coag what you see is this.

Hog takes damage
Hog on the server end health is depleted
Death effect happens, but since vehicle health isn't pushed, it only happens on the server.
New vehicle/s are spawned on server through that effect, location pushed to clients.
Old vehicle is destroyed on server, it not longer has a location, that is pushed to clients.

Destroyable vehicles :).

I thought this was the basic method? That everyone knew?

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: May 25, 2009 03:05 PM    Msg. 18 of 22       
The Longswords in hugeass and coldsnap use that same method, as well as the mythos.

For the longswords, this is what happens when it loses its health:

-Longsword shield depletes on server side(yes, it has a recharging shield, not health)
-Server script detects this, and spawns all the LS pieces, which are all small vehicles, so they sync
-Script attaches LS pieces to the actual LS, then detaches them so clients receive their position
-Script destroys the actual LS once the pieces are detached
-All that's left is the LS pieces, which break apart and fall slowly once detached
-This happens so fast in one tick, so it looks like the LS actually broke up into pieces

-LS pieces respawn automatically to the first spawn point in the list of vehicles
-This spawn point is covered by a trigger volume
-Scripts detect all of the pieces in the volume, and once they do, recreates the actual LS and destroys all of the pieces
-This allows respawning to work just like before with any respawn time

For the mythos, it's basically the same as the H2 coag hog:

-mythos loses its all of its shield or health or both on server, don't know, haven't checked
-Server script detects this and spawns a dead version of the mythos vehicle
-Script attaches the dead version of the mythos to the actual mythos and then detaches so clients receive its position
-Script destroys the actual mythos once the dead mythos is detached
-All that's left is the dead mythos

-Dead mythos eventually respawns automatically to the first spawn point in the list of vehicles
-The spawn point is covered by a trigger volume
-Scripts detect the dead mythos in the volume, and once they do, recreates the actual mythos and destroys the dead one
-Again, this allows respawning to use the respawn time of the game type, like it should.

Sabre

I joined RB in protecting Donut's avatar.

Posted: May 25, 2009 03:59 PM    Msg. 19 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Me KS
The Longswords in hugeass and coldsnap use that same method, as well as the mythos.

For the longswords, this is what happens when it loses its health:

-Longsword shield depletes on server side(yes, it has a recharging shield, not health)
-Server script detects this, and spawns all the LS pieces, which are all small vehicles, so they sync
-Script attaches LS pieces to the actual LS, then detaches them so clients receive their position
-Script destroys the actual LS once the pieces are detached
-All that's left is the LS pieces, which break apart and fall slowly once detached
-This happens so fast in one tick, so it looks like the LS actually broke up into pieces

-LS pieces respawn automatically to the first spawn point in the list of vehicles
-This spawn point is covered by a trigger volume
-Scripts detect all of the pieces in the volume, and once they do, recreates the actual LS and destroys all of the pieces
-This allows respawning to work just like before with any respawn time

For the mythos, it's basically the same as the H2 coag hog:

-mythos loses its all of its shield or health or both on server, don't know, haven't checked
-Server script detects this and spawns a dead version of the mythos vehicle
-Script attaches the dead version of the mythos to the actual mythos and then detaches so clients receive its position
-Script destroys the actual mythos once the dead mythos is detached
-All that's left is the dead mythos

-Dead mythos eventually respawns automatically to the first spawn point in the list of vehicles
-The spawn point is covered by a trigger volume
-Scripts detect the dead mythos in the volume, and once they do, recreates the actual mythos and destroys the dead one
-Again, this allows respawning to use the respawn time of the game type, like it should.

You and Gamma should totalllllllly collab.
Now if only I knew the syntax for all of that, I could make my nowayout mod better.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: May 25, 2009 04:39 PM    Msg. 20 of 22       
its actually pretty simple I imagine, merely three or four commands repeated a lot.

Me KS

Desire is Reality. Xfire: jetmaster23

Posted: May 25, 2009 06:01 PM    Msg. 21 of 22       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09
its actually pretty simple I imagine, merely three or four commands repeated a lot.

Yeah, it's not that bad. Some time ago, I learned what markers were used to attach the pieces to the LS, and I spawned all the pieces of the LS and attached them together next to the actual LS. The one in the back is all of the pieces put together, and the one in the front is the actual LS:

recofpc

Posted: May 26, 2009 11:53 AM    Msg. 22 of 22       
I'm glad this topic makes all of you having ideas ! I don't think I could do that myself,I'm not skilled enough...
If one of you make a map with stuff about destroyed vehicles, let us know in the comments when you post the map !

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 5:43 PM 218 ms.
A Halo Maps Website