A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Singleplayer maps problems

Author Topic: Singleplayer maps problems (12 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ryansilas

Just get it over with

Posted: May 23, 2009 12:02 AM    Msg. 1 of 12       
All the single player maps i downloaded are not showing up when i go to select a map in halo
Edited by Ryansilas on May 23, 2009 at 12:02 AM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 23, 2009 12:09 AM    Msg. 2 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: Recycle Bin
You have to type in map_name(map name goes here) into the console in order to play SP maps.

If you do not have console enabled then go to your desktop and right click on Halo Custom Edition. Click on properties. In the target window you should see some thing like:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo custom Edition"

add -console to the end

so it looks like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo custom Edition" -console

ftfy

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: May 23, 2009 08:56 AM    Msg. 3 of 12       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
You have to type in map_name(map name goes here) into the console in order to play SP maps.

If you do not have console enabled then go to your desktop and right click on Halo Custom Edition. Click on properties. In the target window you should see some thing like:

add -console to the end

so it looks like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo custom Edition" -console

ftfy

Or download Bitterbannana's alldev app.

Ryansilas

Just get it over with

Posted: May 23, 2009 01:55 PM    Msg. 4 of 12       
i tried renameing the map file and enabling the console but when i tried to start the game it said it encountered a fatal error and had to close, and said the map file was causing the problem.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: May 23, 2009 01:59 PM    Msg. 5 of 12       
Don't rename the map file.

Ryansilas

Just get it over with

Posted: May 23, 2009 02:03 PM    Msg. 6 of 12       
ok, so what do i need to rename?

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: May 23, 2009 02:04 PM    Msg. 7 of 12       
You don't rename anything.

Ryansilas

Just get it over with

Posted: May 23, 2009 02:08 PM    Msg. 8 of 12       

If you do not have console enabled then go to your desktop and right click on Halo Custom Edition. Click on properties. In the raget window you should see some thing like:

add -console to the end

ok, obviously i didnt read this close enough. i know now that i have to type the map name into the console, but where do i find the console.

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: May 23, 2009 02:11 PM    Msg. 9 of 12       

Ryansilas

Just get it over with

Posted: May 23, 2009 02:23 PM    Msg. 10 of 12       
wow, ive been blind this whole time, see the last time i had to use a console was years ago back when COD united offensive was popular, anyway got it figured out. thanks for all the help.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: May 23, 2009 07:25 PM    Msg. 11 of 12       

If you do not have console enabled then go to your desktop and right click on Halo Custom Edition. Click on properties. In the raget window you should see some thing like:

add -console to the end

I don't know why people keep suggesting this method. It's confusing for people who don't Know what to look for, and it's incredibly inconvenient because you have to remove the -console and -devmode from it every time you want to play online. The alldev app is much easier to use.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: May 23, 2009 08:58 PM    Msg. 12 of 12       
-console can be used and still be able to go online.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 4:09 AM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website