A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »AI In maps

Author Topic: AI In maps (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Pao

I am a clueless killer.

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 07:56 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Which maps should have ai and what kind of ai should we put in there? (Personally i think somone should make maplestory ai enamys)

PVT Jenkins

Advance!!!!!

Posted: Jun 1, 2009 08:22 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
My new map springgulch =D

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 12:11 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
Any unprotected map should have AI. But Maplestory AI wouldn't be great. First, you need the 3d models, then compile them using tool. Then you need animations for their attacks. Then you need to make their weapons. Then you have to make a scenario file. Then you have to put the AI in the map and give them specific commands on what you want them to do. Then you have to script them to give them special characteristics.

It should take a few months.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Jun 2, 2009 07:54 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
You don't have to script the AI to give them special characteristics. That's all defined in the actor variant tag. And I prefer allowing the AI to have "free will", meaning no command lists are used to force them to march and die. For example,
http://www.xfire.com/video/c733a/
No command lists were used in this video. Notice how the AI stop moving, and fire, then move. They also try to seek cover when available. Also, notice how when the marines faltered, the two elites decided to press on.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 11, 2020 2:51 AM 171 ms.
A Halo Maps Website