A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Weapon Questions

Author Topic: Weapon Questions (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 12:49 AM    Msg. 1 of 11       
What I am trying to do is make a weapon that is an oil drum that you can pick and then place it where you want it.

First of all I need to know if a weapon can be destructable. As in you shoot it and then it would explode creating a damage effect. If this isn't really posible, the whole idea kinda screws up and I will have to cut it from my single player campagain. Then it would have to be picked up as a weapon similar to the flag, how it doesn't take up a weapon slot, but I would want it to be picked up using E (or what ever your action button is) instead of being picked up when you walk on it.For the weapons projectile, it would just fire the weapon and it would disspose of the weapon in your hands.

By the way I might not use and oil drum. It might be a gas container, a propane tank or even one of those high presured Co2 containers.

Anyway, I want to know if this is posible. If some parts are posible and some parts aren't, please state them.
I am pretty sure the destructable weapon won't work, but there might be a way around it. I can always hope.
Edited by Ro0ster on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:51 AM

Bloody Jabs

It's been 4 years...

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 12:58 AM    Msg. 2 of 11       
Well I don't know if a weapon can be destructable in CE but come to think of it, you could make it like the energy sword in H1. It disappears as the elite wielding it is killed. All you need is a damage effect. I'm sure you could do it. ;D
Edited by Bloody Jabs on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:59 AM

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 01:02 AM    Msg. 3 of 11       
Make a weapon that shoots a projectile that spawns a destructable barrel on contact with anything. Then make the destroyed effect for the barrel an explosion.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 04:12 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Make a weapon that shoots a projectile that spawns a destructable barrel on contact with anything. Then make the destroyed effect for the barrel an explosion.
This more or less what I am trying to do. I could make the projectile actually spawn a .scenery tag that is destructable, but then you would be able to pick it back up if you wanted to, so I want to know if it could just be a .weapon that would shoot out a projectile that just spawns that same .weapon tag, but it would also get rid of the .weapon in your hands.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 04:24 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
Yeah just make the weapon have 1 shot so you run out of ammo after you throw it. Then you can pick up the new one you just created on the ground.

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 07:23 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Yeah just make the weapon have 1 shot so you run out of ammo after you throw it. Then you can pick up the new one you just created on the ground.
This is what I am going to do, but just need to know if you can shoot at the weapon and cause it to explode. I didn't see any kind of health in the .weapon tag, but there might be a way around it as I already stated.

donut7024

I thought you were a woman..............

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 09:18 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ro0ster

What I am trying to do is make a weapon that is an oil drum that you can pick and then place it where you want it.
By the way I might not use and oil drum. It might be a gas container, a propane tank or even one of those high presured Co2 containers.

Let me guess. You got this idea from Left 4 Dead?

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:20 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: donut7024
Quote: --- Original message by: Ro0ster

Let me guess. You got this idea from Left 4 Dead?
Yes, actually I did. In my campagain, during certain parts I want the player to be able to set up there own defenses and traps, such as mines, auto turrets and this oil drum here.
I also want to think of a way to make barriers, but thats now what I am trying to do right now. I want to get this oil drum thing out of the way first.

As I said before the main question I want answered is If weapons can be destrucatable or not.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 11:31 PM    Msg. 9 of 11       
No, don't make it a weapon. Create a forge weapon, using fake trigger volumes. Then you will be able to create a pickup option for anything you want, even slaving pickup to the flashlight, or have a "hands" weapon for manipulating. That will be cooler.

E: Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I think I'll use that.
Edited by Headhunter09 on Jun 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 11:42 PM    Msg. 10 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Headhunter09

No, don't make it a weapon. Create a forge weapon, using fake trigger volumes. Then you will be able to create a pickup option for anything you want, even slaving pickup to the flashlight, or have a "hands" weapon for manipulating. That will be cooler.

E: Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I think I'll use that.
Edited by Headhunter09 on Jun 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM
Could you explain more please. I am a very inexpirienced tagger. I mostly model things,but I do want to learn more so could you elaborate? I don't even know what a trigger volume is.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 12:58 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Basically, a trigger volume is a defined area in your map that allows you to use scripts concerning what is in the region. One example is checkpoints. In SP, trigger volumes are used mostly to determine where a player is and when to save the game/create some event. They can also be used in multiplayer too, though.

Read this thread:

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=25757

Now, instead of using a vehicle, use a weapon or flashlight key.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun March 29, 2020 8:52 PM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website