A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »texturing problem?

Author Topic: texturing problem? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 09:54 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
I was following this tutorial on making a map:http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=1974
and when it came time to texture, I think I did everything right, but the textures didn't show up on my model. HELP!

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Jun 19, 2009 10:35 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
When you are in the material editor (hotkey=M) and you make a material then apply what bitmap you are using, click the white and blue checkered box. When you check this, the material uses the diffuse bitmap or texture you aplied to to the it. Without it checked, it will use the diffuse color (yours should be set to gray by default, unless you changed it).

If you did check this make sure the material is actually apllied to the model. You can do this by draging the material bubble onto your model.

If both this is done, make sure you apply the UVW Map modifer is applied to your model and select box(you could select others, but this is probubly what you want. You could also UVW Unwrap it, but I wont get that in depth into that)

If none of this works I am not quite sure what is wrong. I hope this helps.

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 01:17 AM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I don't know what I did wrong :( someone who can help, PLEASE DO!

Polamee

MP2SPMT's founder

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 05:27 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Did they not show up on your model in Max or ingame?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri May 29, 2020 11:05 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website