A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Important: Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: Important: Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members (75 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 07:09 PM    Msg. 71 of 75       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
8 times actually. There's the Home, CE maps, CE videos, CE art, H2V, movies, HCE Chronicles, and portal maps. I wonder why the forum isn't listed. lmao

I think it is quite honestly a mistake.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:38 PM    Msg. 72 of 75       
This is not philanthropy, this is a hobby that also generates some pocket change.

Of course I make some money off the website ads, that is why they are there but it is nowhere near what it cost to run the sites.

The bandwidth, is explained above.
Files download bandwidth peaks out at about 82Mb/s and averages about 48Mb/s. With that information you can easily go price a dedicated by-directional fiber line on a Tier-1 network to see how much per/month it costs. Our web and intranet hosting bandwidth is about a 1/10 of that since it is only pages.

I wonder why the forum isn't listed. lmao

I didn't design it.

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. There is a cost to run the site, it is quite high because it is bandwidth heavy, I make money from the ads to help offset it and I pay for the rest. So what is your point?

Edited by Dennis on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 03:57 PM    Msg. 73 of 75       
Rule one of the Halo maps forum. Do not insult the man who's paying for this website out of his own pocket.

Seriously guys. There's no point.

S12Spark

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 07:51 PM    Msg. 74 of 75       
How long do you plan to run the website for? If you ever ran into financial trouble to host this site, why not have a donations page for halo maps?

MatthewDratt

#BlueWave2018

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 02:57 PM    Msg. 75 of 75       
^ Its on the front page

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu April 19, 2018 5:51 AM 485 ms.
A Halo Maps Website