A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Important: Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev
Author Topic: Important: Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members (88 messages, Page 3 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

Skidrow925

"ideological sense of respect and tact of a 5yo"

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 04:11 PM    Msg. 71 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: LegitGameReviews
Server space is irrelevant when it's his own servers. Hard drives aren't that expensive. The bandwidth, is explained above. If you can't comprehend what is going on here, I'd advise butting out of the conversation.

I would say it is relevant. Space taken up by Halomaps et al is space that's not making as much money as other sites.

Which actually applies to this entire site, everything this site uses is being taken away from (I'd assume) more profitable websites. Obviously I don't work there so I can't say the actual impact, but I'd still assume this isn't the most profitable website. Ads are the only revenue source, and there aren't many, and many people use adblock.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 04:23 PM    Msg. 72 of 88       
You are suggesting Dennis puts Halomaps.org before the websites that he's actually paid to host.

You are suggesting Dennis puts his hobby over his income.

Please think before posting.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 04:29 PM    Msg. 73 of 88       
You are suggesting Dennis puts Halomaps.org before the websites that he's actually paid to host.

You are suggesting Dennis puts his hobby over his income.

Please think before posting.

Is that not what he's doing? He's spending time and resources here that could be spent elsewhere. It's a hobby on the side, an "After 5" hobby. It may or may not cost him some amount of money, but it's time and resources that could be spent making money, but are instead spent on us. It's almost like volunteer work.

Now what I'm not saying is that he is putting this ahead of his work which is what you seem to be trying to say.

And obviously I may be wrong about any of this, as I am not Dennis, but this is what it looks like to me.

Super Flanker

The length of your life depends on my aim.

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 06:00 PM    Msg. 74 of 88       
Mr.Dennis why is Halo maps mentioned thrice here?

http://www.uxbinternet.com/portfolio.cfm

Surely 1 proof of build along with a side note of interoperating modules should suffice.

I.E

Halomaps.org (which includes additional facilities such as a videos/art service and a forum)

Instead of:

Ineedawax.gov

Halomaps.org

Halomaps forum

Halomaps videos

Haloce maps

Hairdesign.net

Juicyfruit.com

It just feels like you were compartmentalizing every single feature of this website just to inflate the number of your achievments.

I'm not criticizing you, just calling it out as I see it.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 06:22 PM    Msg. 75 of 88       
8 times actually. There's the Home, CE maps, CE videos, CE art, H2V, movies, HCE Chronicles, and portal maps. I wonder why the forum isn't listed. lmao

Super Flanker

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 07:09 PM    Msg. 76 of 88       
8 times actually. There's the Home, CE maps, CE videos, CE art, H2V, movies, HCE Chronicles, and portal maps. I wonder why the forum isn't listed. lmao

I think it is quite honestly a mistake.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 11:38 PM    Msg. 77 of 88       
This is not philanthropy, this is a hobby that also generates some pocket change.

Of course I make some money off the website ads, that is why they are there but it is nowhere near what it cost to run the sites.

The bandwidth, is explained above.
Files download bandwidth peaks out at about 82Mb/s and averages about 48Mb/s. With that information you can easily go price a dedicated by-directional fiber line on a Tier-1 network to see how much per/month it costs. Our web and intranet hosting bandwidth is about a 1/10 of that since it is only pages.

I wonder why the forum isn't listed. lmao

I didn't design it.

I don't know what you are trying to prove here. There is a cost to run the site, it is quite high because it is bandwidth heavy, I make money from the ads to help offset it and I pay for the rest. So what is your point?

Edited by Dennis on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:53 PM

Jobalisk

The haiku master。

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 03:57 PM    Msg. 78 of 88       
Rule one of the Halo maps forum. Do not insult the man who's paying for this website out of his own pocket.

Seriously guys. There's no point.

LegitGameReviews
-banned for conduct-

AMU Leader

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 05:04 PM    Msg. 79 of 88       
“She sowed in my mind the idea that reality is not only what we see on the surface; it has a magical dimension as well and, if we so desire, it is legitimate to enhance it and color it to make our journey through life less trying.”

― Isabel Allende

The moment you become complacent with how things are, you are already dead.

Edit: I'm sorry Dennis. I was just yankin yer chain. I love you.
Edited by LegitGameReviews on Jul 11, 2016 at 05:34 PM

S12Spark

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 07:51 PM    Msg. 80 of 88       
How long do you plan to run the website for? If you ever ran into financial trouble to host this site, why not have a donations page for halo maps?

MatthewDratt

YOU WOULDN'T STEAL A TAG

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 02:57 PM    Msg. 81 of 88       
^ Its on the front page

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 09:28 AM    Msg. 82 of 88       
Yeah so I reluctantly refused to make an account with this community years ago in annoyance of this but friends and gamers on the Xbox suggested otherwise and here I am.

Now I think some members of this community are a little out of control and do nothing but troll post and harass users.

Eg: I post a question regarding tags and I get responses that have nothing to do with my topic.

I can't get over how tight this little community is, being labelled and treated like an outsider from the old timer elitists. Sorry I made an account here wow.

Appalling attitude so far, appalling, great first impressions...

My welcome to this community was a "your dismissive and arrogant". Uh last I read I said hi and pointed out how many users are abusing others typing stupidity so how am I dismissive and arrogant? Sorry I pointed out the big fat negatives that are like... Right there for the world to see...

Dennis control your users. They're preventing new members from joining because of the bad rep they make for this joint.

Kinnet

Ded.

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:03 AM    Msg. 83 of 88       
Shers, is that you ?

Super Flanker

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:08 AM    Msg. 84 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Shers, is that you ?

Nah it can't be.

Skidrow925

Posted: Jan 26, 2017 10:33 AM    Msg. 85 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: Super Flanker
Quote: --- Original message by: Kinnet
Shers, is that you ?

Nah it can't be.

Either way, I want a lime popsackle now.

R93_Sniper

When in Doubt, RUN!

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 12:26 AM    Msg. 86 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: CHRISPOCALYP5E
My welcome to this community was a "your dismissive and arrogant". Uh last I read I said hi and pointed out how many users are abusing others typing stupidity so how am I dismissive and arrogant? Sorry I pointed out the big fat negatives that are like... Right there for the world to see...

Dennis control your users. They're preventing new members from joining because of the bad rep they make for this joint.

thanks for proving my point you wristwatch

CHRISPOCALYP5E

You've Encountered Another LASO Master!

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 09:07 PM    Msg. 87 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Hey I'm the one being abused in literally every thread I post in so why don't you stop being so naive.

Clans of trolls keep harassing me everywhere I post so what the hell am I doing wrong? I know replying to them is but if they can act inappropriate then why the hell do we have forum rules?

Skidrow925

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 09:15 PM    Msg. 88 of 88       
Quote: --- Original message by: R93_Sniper

Hey I'm the one being abused in literally every thread I post in so why don't you stop being so naive.

Clans of trolls keep harassing me everywhere I post so what the hell am I doing wrong? I know replying to them is but if they can act inappropriate then why the hell do we have forum rules?

it's because you're eithe sshers, 12, or both

do you say "both" or "bolth"?

Page 3 of 3 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · [3] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun June 25, 2017 2:55 PM 625 ms.
A Halo Maps Website