A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »New Mombasa Firefight (WIP)

Page 8 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · Prev
Author Topic: New Mombasa Firefight (WIP) (256 messages, Page 8 of 8)
Moderators: Dennis

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 09:33 AM    Msg. 246 of 256       
That sounds sick dude! Are they all going to be city maps or do you think something else? Something in the forest would be sick.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 10:43 AM    Msg. 247 of 256       
Sounds good. I'm not usually one to call out ideas but there is just so much you could do w. this. But I am sure you are well aware.

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 11:07 AM    Msg. 248 of 256       
Quote: --- Original message by: L0d3x
I really don't agree that H3 weapons look the best. They may shine a bit more, but they strike me as very cartoony for the rest.

The map doesn't lag for me at this moment in time. I haven't worked on it the last week and a half btw, since I'm a busy guy.

In fact, I designed a new firefight map as well, and started modeling the terrain already. I'm thinking of making like 3 firefight maps and releasing them as a pack.

The Call of Duty modern warfare community, and the Halo community, both want different things.
One is aimed for realism, another is aimed for pure fun.

I agree it looks more cartoony, but yea that's halo's reputation, how many people do you see on earth walking in bright coloured Ancient Knights armor with a motor cycle helmet fighting overbright coloured aliens speaking the same language as us but reversed? =O

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 01:33 PM    Msg. 249 of 256       
Quote: --- Original message by: warchieftain
In H1 almost every weapon except for the pr,sniper,RL,and pp was in one way or another fail (with the biggest being the pistol hand cannon)
This post contains a massive quantity of fail such as I have never seen on this forum!

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 01:35 PM    Msg. 250 of 256       
One more thing: what's so innovative about a wave based points system and a purchase menu? It's not very exciting imho. If people want a system like that they could just play counter strike. Ultimately, people play games for it's gameplay.

Which is precisely what sets your map apart from mine. You have the mindset to create large battles, with great gameplay. I'm more focused on different ways to enhance what's already there. I do not wish to argue with you on this, so let's drop it.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 01:47 PM    Msg. 251 of 256       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
One more thing: what's so innovative about a wave based points system and a purchase menu? It's not very exciting imho. If people want a system like that they could just play counter strike. Ultimately, people play games for it's gameplay.
It's never been done in a Halo CE map before.
Edited by Karrde on Aug 1, 2009 at 02:16 PM

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Aug 1, 2009 08:10 PM    Msg. 252 of 256       
I'm fine with the H1 weapon set with some graphic upgrades.

warchieftain

Tar-21 ftw

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 11:10 AM    Msg. 253 of 256       
Quote: --- Original message by: Karrde
Quote: --- Original message by: warchieftain
In H1 almost every weapon except for the pr,sniper,RL,and pp was in one way or another fail (with the biggest being the pistol hand cannon)
This post contains a massive quantity of fail such as I have never seen on this forum!

Judgemental are you not?
We are all entitled to our own opinion on what we like in halo, that however does not mean that you should insult someone every time they disagree with you that the h1 weapon set is utterly amazing

I like the H3 set because it is very well balanced and looks pleasing to my eyes if abit cartooney
Edited by warchieftain on Aug 3, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 05:43 AM    Msg. 254 of 256       
A mix of the H1, 2, and 3 tagsets are great, as you can have variety, and you can put in the weapons in their best stages, such as the needler having 30 ammo in a clip.

I think he's already decided on the H1 weapon set, so be it. Why argue with him? But still, the H1 weapon set lacks variety, and needs a good graphics upgrade.

stennett

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 08:27 AM    Msg. 255 of 256       
Too much advertisement for other people's work + general stupidity in this thread has made me decide to no longer update it.

Feel free to lock this, Dennis.

I may, in the future, create a thread for my firefight map-pack, if I feel like giving it out.

Looks like some of you didn't catch what that meant. he wants this to thread die. if he wants to update then he'll make a new thread.

Corey

I'm on a break.

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 09:50 AM    Msg. 256 of 256       
I wanted the last guy to be a Drinol.

Page 8 of 8 Go to page: · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 7 · [8] · Prev

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon November 18, 2019 12:56 PM 687 ms.
A Halo Maps Website