A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Desert Dunes [WIP][HS]

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: Desert Dunes [WIP][HS] (84 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:05 PM    Msg. 1 of 84       
Desert Dunes is an older map idea that was abandoned, sadly, and than, a whole year later, revived by Cody Smith.

Right now, the map is just being played with, the terrain, textures, and vehicles are being worked on. I only have driven through 1/3 of the map, its about as big as Cold Snap, and I was driving around for 30 minutes <=/.

I will post more images later.

That is only 1 small town, and all that's there at the moment is a gunshop. The guns will be use able later in the maps development.

The map will consist of towns, tumbleweeds (you can run into them, or bump them, and they will move), crash sites, and more!

You'd be surprised at what we have lined up for you <=)
(Note, this is the first time the map has had enough in it to be played, and there was no lag at all when playing, and we were doing wheelies in the trucks for fun =D).

And our main goal here, is to have a map with NO halo weapons, bipeds, vehicles, or items.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 84       
I like this map idea. I really hope it gets finished. I hope the UVW's aren't final, as I doubt they are, for the little boxes and the shelves. If they are final, then think about re-doing them. Please. I have always liked it when people make complete mods with all new content. Good luck.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:17 PM    Msg. 3 of 84       
Hurray, I'm not the only one with an Intel card :D

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:25 PM    Msg. 4 of 84       
hey kip its me redhaze, i was wondering if i could help?

Sgt Blaze

still actin' like Two-Bit from the Outsides....

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:26 PM    Msg. 5 of 84       
I hope it's done fast. I can't wait!

iTails

The lot of idiots on this forum are veterans

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:29 PM    Msg. 6 of 84       
So you ripped everything from San Andreas and threw it in a map? To be honest, I would edit the skins on the boxes and the signs. The signs have very low res textures on it, and the boxes look like someone threw random pixels that related to whatever color they wanted on it. GTA San Andreas is a horrible game to rip from since everything is low poly and has horrible textures.

Sgt Blaze

still actin' like Two-Bit from the Outsides....

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:30 PM    Msg. 7 of 84       
Quote: --- Original message by: iTails
So you ripped everything from San Andreas and threw it in a map? To be honest, I would edit the skins on the boxes and the signs. The signs have very low res textures on it, and the boxes look like someone threw random pixels that related to whatever color they wanted on it. GTA San Andreas is a horrible game to rip from since everything is low poly and has horrible textures.
STFU! It's the 2nd Best GTA to Date. GTA VC is the #1 Best ever GTA game. *sob* such a great story and ending.

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:35 PM    Msg. 8 of 84       

The only thing ripped would be (maybe) 1 or 2 guns that are scenery currently, the vehicles in the map right now (from the GTA Conversion Project), and the texture of the Ammunation sign. =/

Nothing else.....

We are adding detail later, Cody basically only works on this map on the weekends, and on freetime. No one here has converted from GTA except Cody, so far, into Halo CE, people have copied though.

The conversion process takes time, for instance, a vehicle, you convert the format into Zmodeler, remodel it so it will go through Gorilla properly (Basically starting from scratch), node, animate, and rig the entire thing, and than making it into a tag, along with adding it to a map, after adding sounds, etc. to it. (I am skipping a few steps before gorilla though).

The map is low quality, because its meant to run on slower computers, its still being worked on, but I do see where you are coming from.

Quote: --- Original message by: Sgt Blaze
STFU! It's the 2nd Best GTA to Date. GTA VC is the #1 Best ever GTA game. *sob* such a great story and ending.

Don't forget GTA III.

I am going to be outside painting my truck, its a farm truck, but none the less, I just got done with 5 hours of wire brushing rust off with a drill. I was using a tool belt as a face mask, and weed whacker safety glasses, thermal gloves, and my jacket.
(So I will be back inside, hopefully, 3 hours from now).
Gotta grab some hay bales from the field, and clean up my mess in our garden, I was carrying rocks out).

Just today's agenda from me to you.

Oh, and Cody will be adding more later!
Edited by KillerKip1 on Jul 15, 2009 at 01:39 PM

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:35 PM    Msg. 9 of 84       
Gameplay wise, perhaps, but graphically, hell no.

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:36 PM    Msg. 10 of 84       

WOW,he wasnt talking about the plot/storyline,he was talking about the graphics.And dont you know whats gta IV?..

I knew it was a GTA SA recreation when i saw the ammunation :D

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 01:42 PM    Msg. 11 of 84       
Quote: --- Original message by: MegaSquirrel

WOW,he wasnt talking about the plot/storyline,he was talking about the graphics.And dont you know whats gta IV?..

I knew it was a GTA SA recreation when i saw the ammunation :D

back on topic, read my previous post again, I edited it.
The ammunation texture was the only one we had at the time for the gun shop that looked 1/2 way decent.
Edited by KillerKip1 on Jul 15, 2009 at 01:44 PM

MegaSquirrel

Deal with it nerd

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 03:19 PM    Msg. 12 of 84       
ROFL at the bobcat,"URPWND"

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 07:18 PM    Msg. 13 of 84       
I have designed a few new items for the map, I know you'll like em, I will show you what they do on Friday >=)

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 07:58 PM    Msg. 14 of 84       
took some pics of the area i think he's talking about in the actual GTA.

cody

I WOULD OF BEEN YOUR DADDY, BUT THE DOG BEAT ME!

Posted: Jul 15, 2009 08:21 PM    Msg. 15 of 84       
err, so it leaked out

anyways heres whats is goin on, the only models converted from gta will be cars and mabey a few simple items. as GTA made cars in the 3000 triangle range wich runs on halo smoothly, allthough it takes a bit of time gettin the model fixed up to run in halo, but in the end its worth it, also, some textures will be from gta, but will look nice in the final, trust me, it wont look like ass.
as for converting GTA weapons, the weapons themselves are only around 200 triangles and are one solid piece, the only use for those would be as display models on the ammu gun rack, an look alot better with redone uv maps wich id quite simple cause all thats needed is the model an a picture of the real gun.

the terain an building are modeled from scratch, but may use gta textures, unless better ones are avalible

the terrian is not quite san andreas desert like as mine had mainly large sand hills with occasional cliffs an a few secret tunnels. as for some the features kip said, i cannot garante i'll add em, i can say is that i'll do as much as possible over the summer on it. this map will be quite different than other halo maps as it wont use halo default styling weapons, bipeds or vehicles. only thing from halo would be rocks, plants an the ctf flag

oh an btw, im redoin the ammo boxes today. gona scan up ammo boxes i have lying armound if i get the time
Edited by cody on Jul 15, 2009 at 08:32 PM

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 09:43 AM    Msg. 16 of 84       
maybe u can use my gun:D ima actually attempt to properly texture and detail this one:

cody

Posted: Jul 16, 2009 02:21 PM    Msg. 17 of 84       
shure, get it fully ingame and it will be released in the final version. here is a current update..

BSP is being remodled to be expaned and to have more feature on the terrain, such as more tunnels, cliffs and large rock formations

the boxes of ammo in the gun store are gettin re uv maped

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 07:29 PM    Msg. 18 of 84       
Update:

New textures are being added

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 10:35 PM    Msg. 19 of 84       
If anyone wants to help with the sound effects, we could use some....just contact me on Xfire...(KillerKip1)
Edited by KillerKip1 on Jul 19, 2009 at 10:36 PM

cody

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 10:40 PM    Msg. 20 of 84       
meh, im responsible for this map and converting gta cars to halo.... er, well atleast i got mine ingame already.....

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 09:16 PM    Msg. 21 of 84       
We need someone to tag the weapons, we have the models, just no weapon tagger....
(Animate, Node, etc.)

cody

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 04:18 PM    Msg. 22 of 84       
the stucture bsp is finished, adding better textures today, and if yal behave, i'll upload a new car

http://www.xfire.com/video/f8a66/

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 07:56 PM    Msg. 23 of 84       
Considering map size, it should be a bit larger, but working on some extras to be hidden around, oh, we would use some weapon taggers badly <=/

to animate, node, rig, etc.....

just add KillerKip1 on xfire if you wanna help out =D

Grunty

NC frog9, Xfire florida25

Posted: Jul 25, 2009 08:40 PM    Msg. 24 of 84       
Map looks really cool :D If I knew how to tag weapons I would help but I dont :\ so hope the map turns out great :)
Edited by Grunty on Jul 25, 2009 at 08:40 PM

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 02:23 PM    Msg. 25 of 84       
We have vehicles coming out of our rear ends! <=D

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 07:17 PM    Msg. 26 of 84       
well cody had me come up with more of a killer glendale so here it is:

made car higher, removed front doors hood and trunk lid, added engine intake and exhaust, larger tires, "roll cage" bullbars, and spot for person to stand/crouch in back

cody

Posted: Jul 27, 2009 07:20 PM    Msg. 27 of 84       
you guys are gona be in for a treat tonight.... muhahahah

Grunty

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 01:38 AM    Msg. 28 of 84       
that looks sweet!

cody

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 02:06 AM    Msg. 29 of 84       
you know whats sweeter, using it in game, this car goes right threw the other, plus the super charger makes it one of the fastest land vehicles. here is a video i made, try not to drool

although, it need a new texture, but im not good at texturing

http://www.xfire.com/video/fe747/

Grunty

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 04:09 AM    Msg. 30 of 84       
dang! that car is nice!

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 04:14 AM    Msg. 31 of 84       
Add damage permutations to all the vehicles so they can be destroyed, but not actually get 'destroyed'. That's what H3MT is doing as an answer to the destructible vehicles. It won't always sync, but it really doesn't need to.

Geared

EPI Creator

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 08:49 AM    Msg. 32 of 84       
ya, i had an idea for that a while ago make parts fall off. cody if u want i can cut it up so panels can fall off(same for teh other vehicles). :D

and note, if it damages or kils ppl as u go tru their car that be awsome :D
Edited by Geared on Jul 28, 2009 at 09:02 AM

KillerKip1

Rigs of Rods

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 09:39 AM    Msg. 33 of 84       
Yeah, working on a new texture now, I see what I did wrong =P

Not enough Blood XD

Also, need to make it more realistic.....
(Working on metal texture too)

and a texture for the engine...

Maybe interior also

Grunty

Posted: Jul 28, 2009 10:25 PM    Msg. 34 of 84       
Ok well i have a question.

Are you guys going to make custom bipeds for the charatcers like instead of playing as MC are you going to play as CJ?
Edited by Grunty on Jul 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM

cody

Posted: Jul 29, 2009 01:53 AM    Msg. 35 of 84       
the bipeds will be also conversions from gta, and no, cj wont like halo, but we got other bipeds that'll fit perfectly, ur gona have to ask john, all im doing is vehicles and the maps bsp and some scenery. it a map with lots of new content, aint a one man job

complete vehicle list as on tuesday the 28th of july
------completed-----------
-walton
-rancher
-bobcat/toxicat
-glendale/killerglendale
-buccaneer
-willard
-virgo
-mesa
-cadrona
-clover

----pending-----
-gta sa savana - Low Rider
-gta sa sanchez - dirt bike
-gta sa burrito - sporty van

-gta sa previon - sedan
-gta sa patriot - basically a Hummer
-gta sa tornado - sports car

-gta sa sabre - sports car
-gta sa intruder - sports car
-gta sa regina - station wagon

-gta sa uranus - sports car
-gta sa sadler - truck
-gta sa cop car - sedan

-----requested----
infernus
enforcer
BF injection
Edited by cody on Jul 29, 2009 at 02:27 AM

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Tue August 4, 2020 1:43 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website