A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista Map Design / Technical »Map problems...

Author Topic: Map problems... (1 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Garanas

Posted: Jul 19, 2009 12:34 PM    Msg. 1 of 1       
Look people, i have some questions i really really need an answer on!
i have my map, its not tottaly finished yet but it is getting close, it is an island that is surrounded by water (duhuh).
Here are some pictures, Grey = island blue = water.

Yes, there are almost no textures on it. But now the Questions:
  • 1 - because its an island, i need water. so i tryed some stuff, but it did't worked out! any help with a water shader would be very very helpfull. also with the waves.

• 2 - I think this is stupid to ask, but if you have your water, the Plane( if you use a plane) must it be that big so that you wil never see where it ends, or is there another way to do that?

• 3 - This i already asked, but it did't helped me. How can you let 2 Textures (Bitmaps) fade into each other? i mean, that it goes from sand to grass smoothyl, instead you see those strange lines that on the one side its sand and then all of a sudden grass.

I know, i ask maybe alot but i really want to have some help with this.
I have been working on that island quit sometime now, i learned alot but i would like it to finish it as a Halo 2 map.

Like i sayd, it isn't completed yet but i asked this now so that you guys can answer me quicker. If you even answer me =D

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon October 14, 2019 11:00 PM 157 ms.
A Halo Maps Website