A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts
  
 
»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Toolio

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: Toolio (51 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 03:49 PM    Msg. 1 of 51       
Is tool crapping you over like it normally does? Giving you errors on all your imported geometry? Look no further. This application is a modified version of tool.exe and allows your geometry to be imported into the halo game engine without errors.
Simply put this version of tool in your halo directory and use it like you would normal tool but put toolio instead of tool.
So if you would normally type:
tool structure test\levels\poo\poo

it would be:
toolio structure test\levels\poo\poo

http://deelekgolo.wmclan.net/Toolio.exe
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/d51b4ed1920a43f181e3d974afa62e23affc67c28dcd8ab101c484a40c47482b-1248672635
Now properly makes collision as well. So no grenades disappearing when they hit a surface.
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 4, 2009 at 03:53 PM


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 03:59 PM    Msg. 2 of 51       
and what does this tool do? just hex edited the part out where it halts on open edges?
a bit more info would be nice, i never have any errors but that aside, some more specific change list would be on it's place


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
and what does this tool do? just hex edited the part out where it halts on open edges?
a bit more info would be nice, i never have any errors but that aside, some more specific change list would be on it's place

Hex editing out a function?
Try changeing the assembly so that it handles the surface correctly. This application allows it so that when regular tool gives you the "open edge" or "update edge" errors, you can use this tool to compile it anyways. So you don't have to follow the sealed world rule, and you can have intersecting geometry as well.


Koo294
Joined: Nov 30, 2008

How is she when she doesn't surf?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:15 PM    Msg. 4 of 51       
surely the sealed world rules are there for a reason?


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:19 PM    Msg. 5 of 51       
So yea, it just got a removed function like tool pro got removed cache file sizes...
I hoped it would have some vague function of automatically fixing it, as idk, like polyboost does, but all of it isnt possible.

to cut it short:

Quote: --- Original message by: Koo294
surely the sealed world rules are there for a reason?

that. basically we're importing junk that glitches all around. I don't see a bright future in applications that have their warnings and error indicators removed, it just makes us import more junk without knowing how to fix it.

Welcome noobs that don't know how to do stuff properly, in this commmunity.


Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 04:22 PM


Disaster
Joined: Dec 16, 2007

ROCKS


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:35 PM    Msg. 6 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
I hoped it would have some vague function of automatically fixing it, as idk, like polyboost does,


Rofl


avp DRAGON
Joined: Jun 21, 2009

yeeeee


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 04:43 PM    Msg. 7 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

So yea, it just got a removed function like tool pro got removed cache file sizes...
I hoped it would have some vague function of automatically fixing it, as idk, like polyboost does, but all of it isnt possible.

to cut it short:

Quote: --- Original message by: Koo294
surely the sealed world rules are there for a reason?

that. basically we're importing junk that glitches all around. I don't see a bright future in applications that have their warnings and error indicators removed, it just makes us import more junk without knowing how to fix it.

Welcome noobs that don't know how to do stuff properly, in this commmunity.


Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 04:22 PM

yo bro i herd u lik to dum


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
I hoped it would have some vague function of automatically fixing it, as idk, like polyboost does,


Rofl

it was an example, nothing fixes it, so something simelar to fix gaps would be polyboost, i heard.

you do realise that wasn't the point? if something can fix structures, then im sure i would have mentioned it


Disaster
Joined: Dec 16, 2007

ROCKS


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:02 PM    Msg. 9 of 51       
Yeah. Manually fixing them. Its not hard. :\


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:11 PM    Msg. 10 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
Yeah. Manually fixing them. Its not hard. :\

EXACTLY! You got the whole point and get a cookie!


Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off for future occasions

This edited tool merely helps you get ingame what you are too lazy to fix.
I see this community go down as it will lack good modders when this generation has grown up and doesn't play H1 anymore, not even mentioning the current generation of newcomers eagerly wanna get their broken models ingame with a dozen of errors.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:18 PM


Higuy
Joined: Mar 6, 2007

@lucasgovatos


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:12 PM    Msg. 11 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:14 PM    Msg. 12 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.


You participate in those topics before you open your mouth, I made ALOT of stuff beside porting over stuff for fun.

And even if so, did I mention that I didn't rip? stfu, you're going offtopic


Good thing is, noone is disagreeing with me, it's true.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:19 PM


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:21 PM    Msg. 13 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.

I find it extremely ironic. Seeing that he never models things for himself. And uses applications to automatically generate things.


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:32 PM    Msg. 14 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.

I find it extremely ironic. Seeing that he never models things for himself. And uses applications to automatically generate things.

I find it funny you either don't see what I make, and even now, with the bubble shield, you disagree, funny how you ignore whats infront of you.

I don't blame you - I'd say it too if i were immature and really hate the other, i hate you too <3

anyways, you dont disagree with me either, good.


Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-
Joined: Feb 24, 2007


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 06:55 PM    Msg. 15 of 51       
BP is correct in saying that this "toolio" will only teach people bad habits and make for gliches ingame.
Its not hard to model correctly following sealed world rules, and as said, tool even tells you whats wrong and where its wrong.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Aug 4, 2009 at 07:07 PM


CheesePoofs
Joined: Mar 17, 2009

Former Halo CE Recon Mapping Team Member


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 07:05 PM    Msg. 16 of 51       
could you atleast fix the exception halt for a sound thats more than 3:50 minutes long?


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 07:39 PM    Msg. 17 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.

I find it extremely ironic. Seeing that he never models things for himself. And uses applications to automatically generate things.

I find it funny you either don't see what I make, and even now, with the bubble shield, you disagree, funny how you ignore whats infront of you.

I don't blame you - I'd say it too if i were immature and really hate the other, i hate you too <3

anyways, you dont disagree with me either, good.

Its funny how you didn't even make the bubble shield and just used the one from the h3 beta rip.


gruntfromhalo
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

actual loli


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 07:41 PM    Msg. 18 of 51       
What's bad about using this for testing? I am too lazy to fix my errors when I am just testing an unfinished BSP. Sometimes I have only modeled half of it, or haven't done the cliffs yet, etc. and want to test it out ingame. And beachparty, your argument about how "Noobs who can't do stuff properly will take over the world because of this application!" makes little sense. First, a while ago E3pO released an application that also bypassed errors (you can't use it anymore though). Noobs didn't take over the world then, did they? Then why will they do it now? Second, there already are a crapload of noob maps out, in case you haven't looked at the front page. People wont play the noob maps covered in open edge errors, just like they don't play all the crappy bloodgulch mods out now.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Aug 4, 2009 at 07:42 PM


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 08:56 PM    Msg. 19 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.

I find it extremely ironic. Seeing that he never models things for himself. And uses applications to automatically generate things.

I find it funny you either don't see what I make, and even now, with the bubble shield, you disagree, funny how you ignore whats infront of you.

I don't blame you - I'd say it too if i were immature and really hate the other, i hate you too <3

anyways, you dont disagree with me either, good.

Its funny how you didn't even make the bubble shield and just used the one from the h3 beta rip.

LOL ok guys ignore this idiot, he clearly doesnt know what he's talking about.
H3 uses a displacement texture, not a model, chamfering a geosphere is all it takes

There, proved you wrong HARD from behind. NOW STFU.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 09:05 PM    Msg. 20 of 51       
A displacement still modifies the model.


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:11 PM    Msg. 21 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan
Thing is, I disapprove of lazyness, it's not hard to fix your own made errors, and you SHOULD since it helps you making better models later on, this just makes you lazy, same concept as ripping, it helps progress, but it makes you slazy as hell too, and it sure didn't pay off.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 4, 2009 at 06:11 PM

I find this really, really Ironic.

I find it extremely ironic. Seeing that he never models things for himself. And uses applications to automatically generate things.

I find it funny you either don't see what I make, and even now, with the bubble shield, you disagree, funny how you ignore whats infront of you.

I don't blame you - I'd say it too if i were immature and really hate the other, i hate you too <3

anyways, you dont disagree with me either, good.

Its funny how you didn't even make the bubble shield and just used the one from the h3 beta rip.

LOL ok guys ignore this idiot, he clearly doesnt know what he's talking about.
H3 uses a displacement texture, not a model, chamfering a geosphere is all it takes

There, proved you wrong HARD from behind. NOW STFU.

Halo 3 doesn't use a displacement texture...


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 07:12 AM    Msg. 22 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Advancebo
A displacement still modifies the model.

no shiz sherlock. Halo 1 doesn't support displacement maps and surely not bump maps, let alone camouflaged texture influences. in halo 3 bump maps also arn't visable during camo, so the conclusion would be that displacement maps would, since that would change the geometry to bend of light. bump maps merely make lighting on the object.
anyhow, halo 3 doesn't use actual mesh since it contains too much poly's and would lag the xbox to hell if it was flooded with bubble shields, which doesn't happen.
Plus H3B contains a texture for the bubble shield, so it is.



Is this hard enough for ya? deehunter, you just got proven wrong again, HARD. Again.


Sharp1337X
Joined: Jun 22, 2009

My pistol, Pwn you, it will


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 07:13 AM    Msg. 23 of 51       
ouch, that was pretty hard
AND STOP SAYING IT'S NOT HIS WORK FFS!
I saw the progress of the Bubble Shield -_-
AND,
He does much more good things,
like helping me with my mod,
He helps me with some references,
Models HE made.
Etc.
I think, if you put a H3B model next to a model of BP, you see HE made the other model.. now stfu, back on-topic,

I just had a disscussion with BP, and I have to prove him right,
indeed there will be lazyness AND unfinished maps, released to public, with only trial and error.. So, I don't think we should do this, like, only for the ones that really need it, like CMT.
IF someone makes a version they could give it to CMT only e.g.

That's my Idea
Edited by Sharp1337X on Aug 5, 2009 at 07:30 AM
Edited by Sharp1337X on Aug 5, 2009 at 07:33 AM


Gravemind
Joined: Jul 28, 2009

The Age of Reclamation has begun.


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 07:56 AM    Msg. 24 of 51       
well according to the pic BP posted, the two are not the same, theres a big difference. (btw; a difference means they are not the same) the one on the right (BP's) is clearly different, and the shape looks better too, i like the hexagon shapes, which arent in the 1st one, another difference (H3 uses textures for hexagon, BP uses hexagon for hexagon). I dont want to discourage, but BP's looks much better. The only thing thats ripped there is the on left, and it was ripped to show comparison between the two.


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 09:34 AM    Msg. 25 of 51       
Halo 3 does not use displacement maps.
And MeleeLite told you how to make that model, which I told him. :D
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:23 AM    Msg. 26 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

Halo 3 does not use displacement maps.
And MeleeLite told you how to make that model, which I told him. :D
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM

YOU? HAHAHAHAHA
http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
Don't even try to get yourself in a good daylight, someone told you, not you me.

Now you try to get a share of it? No way. I'm glad your name is in that CMT Beta, so much fail and now you try to get credit for it too after accusing me for having it ripped.

It's not hard to see you need chamfering, some googling will get you results aswell, happens you didn't knew it either, don't start acting like the smart guy.

/rant.

Now get back ontopic on your OWN topic, funny how you can act so immature and try to talk your way out of things. You've gone offtopic badly, and to no avail for you.
So drop the topic, I don't want to see you fail more.

Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM


gruntfromhalo
Joined: Nov 21, 2007

actual loli


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:34 PM    Msg. 27 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: Sam
I would like to say this:
Creating a Tool that bypasses errors is a great idea.

Why? Because:
Sometimes I need to get things ingame without fully debugging them. For (ironically) debug purposes. A perfect example is the BSP I was recently in-charge of getting ingame but has over 150 degenerate triangles and about a hundred open edges. A hacked Tool is excellent for developers (just like... all of us).

Drawbacks? Well:
Obviously we will encounter the village idiot who eventually decides to rely on this Tool instead of the real Tool to do everything and will probably screw everything they have up. Needless to say this Tool needs restrictions or else the community will fall into disrepair with maps that exception because you looked at them the wrong way.

Solution:
I don't really know... this is kind of like map protection, with how it should be left to the pros to use and stuff.

Conclusion:
If you are awesome like me, you can have this hacked Tool (I'd prefer one that wasn't made by WM Clan, though. Let's get some people who aren't kiddie scipters in here and make us a real hacked Tool.)

PS:
Why don't we have a better HEK yet? Sure Kornman worked his magic, but we are STILL left with ToolTips that leave me dazed and confused. We need somebody who knows what they are doing to redo the shaders' ToolTips and excreta. I'd do it if I were into that scripting stuff. It would also be nice to get a Tool that looks at the bitmaps it imports and guesses the settings for us. Something simple, like if Tool detects a warning it will automatically set the bitmap tag to have explicit alpha compression. If the name has "*_bump" as a suffix, it will check off 32-bit compression and check off the flag "disable lightmap compression". So fourth with detail maps, cubemaps, masks, excreta, excreta. My ideas fall on def ears because I'll bet none of you have any idea what I'm talking about, though. :**(

I'M JUST A DREAMER....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE
Quoted For Truth.


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:39 PM    Msg. 28 of 51       
Maybe, but Tool ALREADY points you EXACTLY:
-WHERE the problem is
-WHAT the problem is.
it even generates a neat little WRL file.
So actually that nulles the "debug" part for getting a broken model ingame


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 02:35 PM    Msg. 29 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

Halo 3 does not use displacement maps.
And MeleeLite told you how to make that model, which I told him. :D
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM

YOU? HAHAHAHAHA
http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
Don't even try to get yourself in a good daylight, someone told you, not you me.

Now you try to get a share of it? No way. I'm glad your name is in that CMT Beta, so much fail and now you try to get credit for it too after accusing me for having it ripped.

It's not hard to see you need chamfering, some googling will get you results aswell, happens you didn't knew it either, don't start acting like the smart guy.

/rant.

Now get back ontopic on your OWN topic, funny how you can act so immature and try to talk your way out of things. You've gone offtopic badly, and to no avail for you.
So drop the topic, I don't want to see you fail more.

Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM

(9:55:21 PM) MeleeLite: oh then tahts his fault, but I told him how to make shield
(9:55:35 PM) MeleeLite: geo sphere, and chamfer verts and tehn edges
(9:55:39 PM) MeleeLite: like ur tut
k gtfo my topic
in b4 beachparty rant and attempt at looking superior.


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 02:46 PM    Msg. 30 of 51       
And CV basically told everyone how to make a bubbleshield.


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 02:57 PM    Msg. 31 of 51       
And that. Anyways, you may hate the tool, but all that matters now is that you know the tool is there if you ever need it. And lots of people do.


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 03:35 PM    Msg. 32 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

Halo 3 does not use displacement maps.
And MeleeLite told you how to make that model, which I told him. :D
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM

YOU? HAHAHAHAHA
http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
Don't even try to get yourself in a good daylight, someone told you, not you me.

Now you try to get a share of it? No way. I'm glad your name is in that CMT Beta, so much fail and now you try to get credit for it too after accusing me for having it ripped.

It's not hard to see you need chamfering, some googling will get you results aswell, happens you didn't knew it either, don't start acting like the smart guy.

/rant.

Now get back ontopic on your OWN topic, funny how you can act so immature and try to talk your way out of things. You've gone offtopic badly, and to no avail for you.
So drop the topic, I don't want to see you fail more.

Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM

(9:55:21 PM) MeleeLite: oh then tahts his fault, but I told him how to make shield
(9:55:35 PM) MeleeLite: geo sphere, and chamfer verts and tehn edges
(9:55:39 PM) MeleeLite: like ur tut
k gtfo my topic
in b4 beachparty rant and attempt at looking superior.


http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
sorry, still not you, the awnser is right there. I've shown meleelite that topic when making it, you're completely wrong, again. Ask him, I showed it to him before he also attempted making one. He did exactly what was stated there, if someone gives you a tutorial about making it, then copieing doesnt make it yours. You stole credit "your tut"? don't make me laugh, again.
You have no part in this, except for not knowing on that forum either, Caprier gave you the awnser, you deserve no credit in whatsoever way.

Stop trying to look good, you accused me for ripping it, and now you want credit? don't make me laugh.

Quote: Deehunter
How would I go about modeling a sphere out of tessellated hexagons. Much like the one in this picture
http://xbox360.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/75423/HALO_03_qjpreviewth.jpg
I need the UV map also to be one hexagon so I can texture less. When I try to model this I always end up with it either being out of porportion or it doesn’t seem to look like a sphere.


Quote: Caprier
Here are two simple ways to do it, both from a geosphere (icosa).

The easiest is by chamfering all the verts. But I wouldn’t go that route as the chamfer will distort the polygons some more.

A more tedious way is to select the appropriate vertices (in editable poly mode) and remove them. It keeps the geometry more even.

NOTE 1: No matter what, you’ll always get 12 pentagons (in green) evenly spaced around the sphere. They are always regular. Among the hexagons, you’ll also find 20 that are regular (in blue), the others being distorted to fit the curvature.

NOTE 2: You need the number of segments to be a multiple of 3. Or else, you’ll have a few triangles left.



I regret that you can't drop the subject and still want to look good, plus I have spawned another page in this topic regarding this ongoing stupidity, drop it already, you can't win.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 03:46 PM


DEEhunter
Joined: Dec 16, 2006


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 03:50 PM    Msg. 33 of 51       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

Halo 3 does not use displacement maps.
And MeleeLite told you how to make that model, which I told him. :D
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 5, 2009 at 09:35 AM

YOU? HAHAHAHAHA
http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
Don't even try to get yourself in a good daylight, someone told you, not you me.

Now you try to get a share of it? No way. I'm glad your name is in that CMT Beta, so much fail and now you try to get credit for it too after accusing me for having it ripped.

It's not hard to see you need chamfering, some googling will get you results aswell, happens you didn't knew it either, don't start acting like the smart guy.

/rant.

Now get back ontopic on your OWN topic, funny how you can act so immature and try to talk your way out of things. You've gone offtopic badly, and to no avail for you.
So drop the topic, I don't want to see you fail more.

Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 11:31 AM

(9:55:21 PM) MeleeLite: oh then tahts his fault, but I told him how to make shield
(9:55:35 PM) MeleeLite: geo sphere, and chamfer verts and tehn edges
(9:55:39 PM) MeleeLite: like ur tut
k gtfo my topic
in b4 beachparty rant and attempt at looking superior.


http://community.softimage.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/modeling/hexagon-ball/
sorry, still not you, the awnser is right there. I've shown meleelite that topic when making it, you're completely wrong, again. Ask him, I showed it to him before he also attempted making one. He did exactly what was stated there, if someone gives you a tutorial about making it, then copieing doesnt make it yours. You stole credit "your tut"? don't make me laugh, again.
You have no part in this, except for not knowing on that forum either, Caprier gave you the awnser, you deserve no credit in whatsoever way.

Stop trying to look good, you accused me for ripping it, and now you want credit? don't make me laugh.

Quote: Deehunter
How would I go about modeling a sphere out of tessellated hexagons. Much like the one in this picture
http://xbox360.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/75423/HALO_03_qjpreviewth.jpg
I need the UV map also to be one hexagon so I can texture less. When I try to model this I always end up with it either being out of porportion or it doesn’t seem to look like a sphere.


Quote: Caprier
Here are two simple ways to do it, both from a geosphere (icosa).

The easiest is by chamfering all the verts. But I wouldn’t go that route as the chamfer will distort the polygons some more.

A more tedious way is to select the appropriate vertices (in editable poly mode) and remove them. It keeps the geometry more even.

NOTE 1: No matter what, you’ll always get 12 pentagons (in green) evenly spaced around the sphere. They are always regular. Among the hexagons, you’ll also find 20 that are regular (in blue), the others being distorted to fit the curvature.

NOTE 2: You need the number of segments to be a multiple of 3. Or else, you’ll have a few triangles left.



I regret that you can't drop the subject and still want to look good, plus I have spawned another page in this topic regarding this ongoing stupidity, drop it already, you can't win.
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 03:46 PM

HERF HERF I NEVER TOOK CREDIT FOR THE TUT HERF.


BeachParty clan
Joined: Oct 12, 2008

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 04:01 PM    Msg. 34 of 51       
e1:clicked edit instead of reposting to quote my own post >.<
Edited by BeachParty clan on Aug 5, 2009 at 04:12 PM


Advancebo
Joined: Jan 14, 2008


Posted: Aug 5, 2009 04:03 PM    Msg. 35 of 51       
Hunter did it before Caprier posted that tut.

 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

 
Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread







Time: Thu July 2, 2020 3:29 PM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website