A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Vehicle troubles.

Author Topic: Vehicle troubles. (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Gnoblar

Got a ping lower that 100 and you're not hosting?

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:21 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
Ok, using spapien here. I've added my vehicles. Yay. I followed the tutorials perfectly on the main sapien guide found somewhere on this website, and I to play Halo...

...and there's no vehicles. Great. I've tweaked every game mode possible to try and get them to spawn, but they just won't spawn in the game. In Sapien they're happy to appear and I can move them around blah blah but they won't appear in the game ever. I really need them to start appearing because my maps are AI filled goodness.

Please help!

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:24 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Just turn it into a single player map if it has AI

Gnoblar

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:29 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
1. I don't know how.
2. Will that make vehicles spawn (the vehicles are multiplayer ones).

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 9       
The vehicles will spawn, but they wont respawn. They will just be where they are when not driven.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:32 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
You have to add the vehicles into globals.globals for MP maps. And yes, mp vehicles work in SP. The difference between SP vehicles and MP are that MP aren't destructible, and SP are faster, and more overpowered. For MP maps, you must replace an existing vehicle in the tags\globals\globals.globals file. Replace, not add it in. If you add it in, it will not work. There can only be 6 types of vehicles, so you'll have to replace one / some.
Edited by Gamma927 on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Gnoblar

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:41 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Gamma927, I will try that right now.

EDIT: ok I added the vehicles I wanted, (well, I replaced the vehicles I didn't want with better ones), then I went in sapien, added my vehicles, in this case a delicious tank, then I saved the scenario, then I used tool++ to export it as a .map then I started up Halo, then I went to "CTF" on my map, and... no tank. What the hell.
Edited by Gnoblar on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Oh one more thing, all my AI walk. How do i make them run, and not stop every time they get shot at?
Edited by Gnoblar on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM

jacknme

If you see this, you must be in an old topic

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:03 AM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gnoblar

Gamma927, I will try that right now.

EDIT: ok I added the vehicles I wanted, (well, I replaced the vehicles I didn't want with better ones), then I went in sapien, added my vehicles, in this case a delicious tank, then I saved the scenario, then I used tool++ to export it as a .map then I started up Halo, then I went to "CTF" on my map, and... no tank. What the hell.
Edited by Gnoblar on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Oh one more thing, all my AI walk. How do i make them run, and not stop every time they get shot at?
Edited by Gnoblar on Aug 6, 2009 at 11:55 PM

In the actor_varient, change the movent type to always run

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:12 AM    Msg. 8 of 9       
in sapien you have to check 8 boxes for all the vehicles, its in the properties palate at the bottom, check the gametypes and default gametypes.

Gnoblar

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 12:27 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
Very box is ticked, every single one for "allow". The vehicles jsut aren't appering in-game!!!

AAAAAAARGH!

Also, it is set to always run.
Edited by Gnoblar on Aug 7, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun September 22, 2019 9:14 AM 188 ms.
A Halo Maps Website