A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Help with device_machines

Author Topic: Help with device_machines (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 01:43 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
EDIT: OK. I got the animation to work. Now the problem is the attachments. There's a dynamic light, particle system, etc. I want each to scale up and down with a function (A out) which turns the light on. The light should get brighter, lense flare brighter and bigger, particle system turn on, etc. How do I do this?

Origninal post:
I'm trying to make a torch that turns on when someone walks near it, sort of like a door that opens. It's animated to have a flame-type thing that is normally small, then scales up. There will also be other things like a dynamic light, looping sound, and lense flare that are normally off, but turn turn on with the torch. (well, scale up. Not just on and off). They should also scale down when it turns off (someone walks away)
My animation is set up like a door. The first frame is the default position and the last frame is the open position. The problem is getting the animation to play and attachements to scale up from 0 to 1 when someone walks near. I've tried looking at door tags and found the "automatic activation radius" field and set it, as well as some other things like the doors, but the animation doesn't play and the attachements just turn on, not scale up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Edited by Vick Jr on Aug 11, 2009 at 06:25 PM
Edited by Vick Jr on Aug 11, 2009 at 06:25 PM

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 02:32 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
Did you name the animation file (JMO) correctly?
Is the flame part linked to the frame that is being scaled?

Vick Jr

Well enough alone...

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 10:13 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
It's supposed to be named "device positions.jmo" right?
And the flame is a shader (needler core, same as the covenant plasma torch). The actual flame geomitry is scaled in the animation. (well, it's linked to a frame which is scaled)

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun January 19, 2020 4:32 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website