A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »A New Domain Final?

Author Topic: A New Domain Final? (11 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

TheMetal

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 05:48 PM    Msg. 1 of 11       
Well Domain Final is a good map and all, but new ODST weaponry has just been released. So I'm asking the author and any other people, can you edit the weapons on the map.

My ideas were that the Assault Rifle and Pistol be replaced with the new ODST SMG and the new Pistol. Maybe a updated sniper would be cool, like a halo 3 version or something. Also, The flamethrower could be replaced with a spartan laser. Also updating some things would just be god, like instead of default weps just but upgraded better textures or something, idk

Another thing is the ODST bipeds. They arent the best, but the first person views are great. So if someone could change the bipeds to look a little cleaner or something.

Thanks guys

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 06:02 PM    Msg. 2 of 11       
The guy who made it is English Mobster. I don't know if he floats around here, but he usually at modacity. Maybe just PM him there.

English Mobster

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 11:06 PM    Msg. 3 of 11       
I float around here when people Xfire me about my map. ;P

To answer your question, I see absolutely NO reason not to. The automag was actually going to be included in Domain, but I got impatient and decided to release without it.
The entirety of the changes will take me about 5 seconds, plus the download time for the tags and whatnot.
I'll get right on it and upload it to Halomaps for when Dennis updates Halomaps again.
E: To be more exact:
Quote: --- Original message by: TheMetal
Well Domain Final is a good map and all Thanks!, but new ODST weaponry has just been released. So I'm asking the author and any other people, can you edit the weapons on the map.

My ideas were that the Assault Rifle and Pistol be replaced with the new ODST SMG and the new Pistol. I see no reason why not.
Maybe a updated sniper would be cool, like a halo 3 version or something.
I would need to find someone with a good version of said sniper, and then I'll update.
Also, The flamethrower could be replaced with a spartan laser. Early tests had a rocket launcher there instead of a flamer, and it broke the map.

Also updating some things would just be god, like instead of default weps just but upgraded better textures or something, idk I have some nice things in store for you, then. ;P

Another thing is the ODST bipeds. They arent the best, but the first person views are great. So if someone could change the bipeds to look a little cleaner or something. What do you mean? Also, I don't really have a version of the biped I can make major changes to anymore, as I would have to re-rig it, something I'm not really looking forward to.

Thanks guys You're welcome!

Edited by English Mobster on Aug 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Scott

No.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 11:08 PM    Msg. 4 of 11       
I do believe this is the first time in my near 5 years here that I've seen a map request accepted.

MissingSpartan7

I abandoned this forum a long time ago...

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 11:10 PM    Msg. 5 of 11       
its not really a map request, its just a request for some small changes to be made to (hopefully) improve the map

English Mobster

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 11:13 PM    Msg. 6 of 11       
I aim to please, not to mention the changes are simple.
Edited by English Mobster on Aug 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

OMGWTHBBQHAXZORZ XD

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 07:45 PM    Msg. 7 of 11       
Also you guys shouldn't forget that if your gonna makes some changes to the default weapons make all the stats of them different or more close the the halo odst weapon stats like the assault rifle could be more acurate, less amo, etc

BTW I support this topic :D
and also <3 map
Edited by OMGWTHBBQHAXZORZ XD on Aug 10, 2009 at 07:46 PM

TheMetal

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 01:12 PM    Msg. 8 of 11       
DUDE! thats awesome man, thanks.

I'd try it myself but, im not good at map making stuff, I always get exception errors

English Mobster

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 02:48 AM    Msg. 9 of 11       
Well. That was easy.

I'm sorry I didn't quite get onto it right away, I've been pretty busy.
The map is compiling right now, I'm going to give it a run-through and then upload it to Halomaps.

I'll make it up to you with a few pretty early screenshots of my next project:

It's pretty obvious I still need to work on some things, but hey, I said it was early.
Edited by English Mobster on Aug 15, 2009 at 02:50 AM

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 03:10 AM    Msg. 10 of 11       
The scale looks to small...

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 06:02 PM    Msg. 11 of 11       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
I do believe this is the first time in my near 5 years here that I've seen a map request accepted.

http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=26841

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 15, 2019 7:54 AM 344 ms.
A Halo Maps Website