A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »The Fall of Reach.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: The Fall of Reach. (57 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:40 PM    Msg. 1 of 57       
Hey a curious question but has anybody though of making a single player of this? I was reading the Book of it by:Eric Nyloyd and i thought that this would make an epic Single Player. I realize the game is coming out in 2010. but some people don't have a 360 and would enjoy playing a level like this. so does anyone want to do this. i could use all the help i need.

Heres what happened on Reach if you don't know.

Basically Reach was a planet that was closet to earth but besides that fact it was a military base for a secret program called SPARTAN. There they trained kids from the age 6 until the year 2535 that's when the covenant attacked. over 70 spartans died trying to protect the planet but it was to much the coenet killed them all. the only one who made it out alive was 117 aka John.

So basicaly that would be the single player part is where you have to fight w/ you'r fellow Spartans and try to portect Reach. but of course you would fail.

Igotaname13_

Igotaname13 Steam

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:43 PM    Msg. 2 of 57       
They are doing the Battle of Reach for the 4th Halo game. Halo: Reach

Anyway, I feel like it would be horrible, not because since the book is mainly character development, but because other than the upcoming Flood Campaign, or CMT SPV1 I haven't actually seen a good campaign.

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:45 PM    Msg. 3 of 57       
We'll prepare to be surprised. cause this idea is now a project!

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:53 PM    Msg. 4 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Basically Reach was a planet that was closet to earth but besides that fact it was a military base for a secret program called SPARTAN. There they trained kids from the age 6 until the year 2535 that's when the covenant attacked. over 70 spartans died trying to protect the planet but it was to much the coenet killed them all. the only one who made it out alive was 117 aka John.

Incorrect. The Spartans split up into two teams, Red and Blue, Red staying behind to protect Reach, while Blue went to do some stuff in space. Out of Blue team, both John and Linda survived. For Red team, quite a few Spartans survived Reach, only to die elsewhere.

someone not important

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:57 PM    Msg. 5 of 57       
***SPOILERS IN POST, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ GHOSTS OF ONYX***

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

Incorrect. The Spartans split up into two teams, Red and Blue, Red staying behind to protect Reach, while Blue went to do some stuff in space. Out of Blue team, both John and Linda survived. For Red team, quite a few Spartans survived Reach, only to die elsewhere.

***BEGIN SPOILERS, TEXT COLOR CHANGED TO PROTECT EYES***
Yes, some of red tram survived reach, but only one or two of them died from what I remember. The group that survived, made up of about 4 people, ended up being trapped in the center of onyx forever.
***END SPOILER***

Slayer117

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 10:58 PM    Msg. 6 of 57       
thanks for fixing that for me!

Igotaname13_

Igotaname13 Steam

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 11:08 PM    Msg. 7 of 57       
What makes me sick. The story before Halo is more interesting than the Halo games.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:21 AM    Msg. 8 of 57       
@ OP: Your story is wrong. I suggest you re-read The Fall of Reach.

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 07:29 AM    Msg. 9 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Igotaname13_
What makes me sick. The story before Halo is more interesting than the Halo games.

It was a novel, they took advantage of your imagination, everyone liked the books more, I'm sure of that.

Quote: --- Original message by: someone not important
Yes, some of red tram survived reach, but only one or two of them died from what I remember. The group that survived, made up of about 4 people, ended up being trapped in the center of onyx forever.

Too bad Kurt has to blow himself up in his heroic actions D=

But you really think they are TRAPPED? It's some sort of forerunner bunker, I'm sure they'll get out somehow, it didn't end with "And the spartans knew they were trapped so they *** each other untill they died of boredom" They just found themselfes in a new place... atleast that's how I recall it.

Karrde

Power beyond containing

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 02:41 PM    Msg. 10 of 57       
Hey a curious question but has anybody though of making a single player of this?
Yeah. Bungie.

Molonky500

Xfire;killermax5

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 07:29 PM    Msg. 11 of 57       
um well 1st of all its spelled Nylud, lol, second i like the idea , and this would be fun, but it would be very complicated to do alot of what happens in the book, and yes the books have better story than the games b/c the books can give u moar epicness

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 07:35 PM    Msg. 12 of 57       
Actually, you're wrong too. It's spelled Nylund.

SwordMa5ster

Come get some!!!

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:04 PM    Msg. 13 of 57       
But you really think they are TRAPPED? It's some sort of forerunner bunker, I'm sure they'll get out somehow, it didn't end with "And the spartans knew they were trapped so they *** each other untill they died of boredom" They just found themselfes in a new place... atleast that's how I recall it.

Yeah pretty much. there trapped in a kind of area with a protective bubble around it that the forerunners made as a bunker to survive halo's detonation. They probally will get out since I'm sure the forerunners built a type of back door to get out. But it's not like a little space it is a pretty big area so it might take awhile.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:07 PM    Msg. 14 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: someone not important
***SPOILERS IN POST, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ GHOSTS OF ONYX***

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

***BEGIN SPOILERS, TEXT COLOR CHANGED TO PROTECT EYES***
***END SPOILER***

SPOILER WATCH THE $#*#$ OUT!!!

What? I could of sworn they were put on a different planet?
hmm, never knew it was the center of onyx, might as well read it again...

Quote: --- Original message by: SwordMa5ster

Yeah pretty much. there trapped in a kind of area with a protective bubble around it that the forerunners made as a bunker to survive halo's detonation. They probally will get out since I'm sure the forerunners built a type of back door to get out. But it's not like a little space it is a pretty big area so it might take awhile.

hmmm well, i guess here's my opinion what will happen:
Spartans and everyone get out, they then attack elites which leads to
Halo 4: start another fight.
Edited by AlwinRoth on Aug 11, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Molonky500

Xfire;killermax5

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 12:18 AM    Msg. 15 of 57       
it was a typo lol, ty for correcting me i hadnt noticed, and the threath says fall of reach not Ghost s of onyx

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 12:22 AM    Msg. 16 of 57       
Goats of onotix D:

Delicon20

Still here. Still loves bacon

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 05:22 PM    Msg. 17 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: jesse
Goats of onotix D:

^ epicness ^

FlyAwayNow

Triage at Dawn

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 07:23 PM    Msg. 18 of 57       
Im pretty sure Blue team will show up one way or another in the coming years even as Bungie is finsihing Halo's IP. Remeber Reach is Halo's Swan song for its Mother who is moving away. So yeah the Story may go beyond the battle of Reach, maybe even following Blue team into Onyx.

FlyAwayNow

Triage at Dawn

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 07:28 PM    Msg. 19 of 57       
. . .
Edited by FlyAwayNow on Sep 16, 2009 at 08:04 PM

catlord_11

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 11:47 PM    Msg. 20 of 57       
Have you finsished halo 3 on legendary because the planet I think is the planet from the halo book ONIX were they create the new spartans and that may be the next halo game

FtDSpartn

Verified AI.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 12:32 AM    Msg. 21 of 57       
You can see that ending on any difficulty.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 01:57 AM    Msg. 22 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: catlord_11
Have you finsished halo 3 on legendary because the planet I think is the planet from the halo book ONIX were they create the new spartans and that may be the next halo game

Nah, it's a forerunner planet. Like all metallic and forerunnery.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/0/08/Legendary_Planet.jpg

Also it's still a no, whether I'm right or wrong about the planet. Halo: Reach takes place back before Halo 1. So in the time line it couldn't happen. Unless Bungie is planing a Back to the Future concept. Master Chief and Cortana go back and time to help the Master Chief and Cortana? (o.0)

Edited by Nexus Halo on Sep 16, 2009 at 01:59 AM

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 05:41 AM    Msg. 23 of 57       
Nah , it's a BattleStation. Like all Empireish and Death Starrish.
Speculation will get us nowhere anyway.

Wolf_

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 08:42 AM    Msg. 24 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Igotaname13_
They are doing the Battle of Reach for the 4th Halo game. Halo: Reach

Anyway, I feel like it would be horrible, not because since the book is mainly character development, but because other than the upcoming Flood Campaign, or CMT SPV1 I haven't actually seen a good campaign.
Not the 4th halo game. The second expansion for the third game.(they dont call It "Halo 3 Reach"..But they dont call ODST "Halo 3 ODST" either for that matter.)

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:45 AM    Msg. 25 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Wolf_
But they dont call ODST "Halo 3 ODST" either for that matter.)

Huh... Actually they do call it "Halo 3: ODST"
http://www.bungie.net/Projects/ODST/default.aspx

MasterRyan

Leader of Ryan C. Designs!

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 01:28 PM    Msg. 26 of 57       
LOL!

Halo 3: Reach...............

Wolf_

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 03:15 PM    Msg. 27 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Yeah but the project got alot of different names,right? So will Reach,probably,still its not a new 4th game.I mean this is pre halo. If the game is built on the same engine as Halo 3 and ODST its not a new game.:)

Bloody Jabs

It's been 4 years...

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 03:47 PM    Msg. 28 of 57       
Reach isn't going to be on the same engine. It will be on an entirely different engine with a graphics improvement. From what I heard on the bungie forums is its run on a AAA engine?
Edited by Bloody Jabs on Sep 16, 2009 at 03:48 PM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 04:27 PM    Msg. 29 of 57       
The core of onyx is a gigantic colony spaceship/space station in Forerunner slipspace if I remember correctly. Also, I don't think a campaign of Fall of Reach would be good. Try a machinima. In fact, I was working with some other guy on this a while ago, but it failed.

ChocolateNugget

im your #1 fan !!

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 05:34 PM    Msg. 30 of 57       

Yeah but the project got alot of different names,right? So will Reach,probably,still its not a new 4th game.I mean this is pre halo. If the game is built on the same engine as Halo 3 and ODST its not a new game.:)

So every game made with the Unreal engine is a sequel to Unreal Tournament?

malard

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 05:56 PM    Msg. 31 of 57       
I'm going to get the goats of onotix book tomorrow.:D
Edited by malard on Sep 16, 2009 at 05:59 PM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 06:30 PM    Msg. 32 of 57       
Guys he didn't say that games built on the same engine as other games aren't new, he said that games built on the Halo 3 engine aren't new. Thats not true either, but your points are thus invalid.

SwordMa5ster

Come get some!!!

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 06:45 PM    Msg. 33 of 57       
I think it would be a good idea for Bungie to use a new engine for Halo Reach it would allow them to change the game up a bit while at the same time preserving the core of Halo.

Wolf_

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 08:54 AM    Msg. 34 of 57       
Quote: --- Original message by: ChocolateNugget

So every game made with the Unreal engine is a sequel to Unreal Tournament?
No they are MODS or EXPANSIONS. Which is my point Reach would be like a Expansion..Also thougt Microsoft held all copyright for Halo,and Bungie for Halo 3, So in order to make a totaly new game they would need to work with Microsoft again? WouldŽnt they? And if they do own copyright for Halo 3 a expansion would make more sense than a totaly new game. Im not entierly sure thougt.

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 09:15 AM    Msg. 35 of 57       
By all means , try to make a Fall of Reach campaign , but im guessing you wont finish before the auctual game comes out.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 6:28 PM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website