A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Running more than one dedi server (Read before dismissing, please)

Author Topic: Running more than one dedi server (Read before dismissing, please) (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Doug

Former =CE= Member

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 01:14 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
Ok, I've tried reading and re-reading what HaloMaps says on how to run more than one dedicated server. I cannot understand ANY of it. I would like it if someone would PLEASE help me interpret what it says. (Basically, will someone tell me how to run more than one deicated server step by step?

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 02:06 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
Running multiple instances of the Server
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=317

Quote:

Here is an example on how to run multiple instances, assuming the Halo CE Dedicated Server is installed in the C:\HaloCE folder:

instance 1:
C:\HaloCE\haloceded.exe -exec C:\halopc\init1.txt -cpu 0 -path C:\haloCE\variants1 -port 2301

instance 2:
C:\HaloCE\haloceded.exe -exec C:\halopc\init2.txt -cpu 1 -path C:\haloCE\variants2 -port 2305

Running A Halo CE Dedicated Server
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?nid=323
Quote:
Creating a Batch File to Run the server

There are several command lines parameters that can be used to control the operation of the Halo CE dedicated server. It is often times easier to create a batch file to contain all of these options on a single command line.

To create a startup batch file:

Open Notepad (or a similar pure text editor)

On the first line enter:

start {drive}:\{path}\haloceded.exe -exec {drive}:\{path}\init.txt

Click "File" > "Save As" and then navigate to where you want to save the file and name it "HaloCEStart.bat" - Change Save as Type to "All Files" and Encoding to "Ansi" then click "Save"

You can now double click on the batch file to start your Halo CE server

Doug

Former =CE= Member

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 02:50 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I know that. I just don't understand what is said about running more than one dedicated server.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 02:52 PM    Msg. 4 of 4       
Put both on different ports.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat July 11, 2020 10:32 AM 125 ms.
A Halo Maps Website