A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »What do you all want in a vehicle? please post.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: What do you all want in a vehicle? please post. (56 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 05:04 PM    Msg. 1 of 56       
I just wanted to know what types of things people want from a heavy vehicle? i need to make sure my vehicle will have the aspects that make other's want to use it, i don't want to make a vehicle just to suit me. It's a very large vehicle, for those who haven't read my other posts, it's a mini flyable Pillar of Autumn. thanks for your support.

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: If you read this, please just take the time to say anything you think about of my design. Anything it should or shouldn't have. Every little bit helps
Edited by Xaos on Sep 3, 2009 at 09:55 PM

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 05:33 PM    Msg. 2 of 56       
Tasers. It needs Tasers.. The iphone comersials rant on and on, "there's an app for that" but where the hell is the freaking taser app?!? I WANT MY TASER! So, henceforth, im telling you to load your vehicle full of tasers due to the lack of ipod/iphone tasers.

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 05:41 PM    Msg. 3 of 56       
i was going to have an EMP pulse for the seat in the engine room, i suppose i can make it taserize people, because i'm not sure if you can make an EMP field stun vehicles. make the model file like bolts of lightning lol. ZZAP!
Also, if you use negative values for certain things (damage etc) does it still take effect? i was thinkin of making a Black Hole gun, to have -5000 projectile force or something, so everyone gets sucked in instead of blasted away.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 05:57 PM    Msg. 4 of 56       
Make the effect spawn an effect that causes damage, but on the other side of the object. Diagram time!

......_________
......|............|
..A..|............|..B
......|............|
......-----------

If you hit point A with the effect, make the effect spawn another effect on point B.
Edited by Gamma927 on Aug 11, 2009 at 05:58 PM

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 05:02 PM    Msg. 5 of 56       
So what else? should it be bulletproof? slow? hard to aim? just general stuff, like whether it should have a specific weak point (not quite death star style but maybe similar) The frigate i'm building is a miniature POA, but still 4 stories high. it will have a MAC cannon for gunner seat, NO idea what to use for secondary fire. any idea's are welcome for that, or any other idea's about it.

PS. I've gotten around to naming it for now, rather than call it 'the vehicle'. My friends and i decided on the Pillar of Awesome for now lol. just temporary.
Edited by Xaos on Aug 13, 2009 at 05:42 PM
Edited by Xaos on Aug 30, 2009 at 05:34 PM

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 07:54 PM    Msg. 6 of 56       
How many Polies will the entire vehicle be? Don't over do it.

Also, here are some weapon ideas for it, carpet bomb, giant laser cannon or maybe a weapon supply drop.
Edited by Ro0ster on Aug 12, 2009 at 07:59 PM

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 08:58 PM    Msg. 7 of 56       
It will be a bit bigger than the draco, so not too big i hope. i was thinking of having AI use carpet bombs, but that weapon drop is a good idea.

if i can get it to work, i was going to add forcefield panels in the sides up the top, to fly jets in, and pick them up like pelicans do. I'll see if i can make a seat specifically for picking the vehicles up. there was also going to be a spot in the cargo bay, to drive tanks in for carrying.

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 09:04 PM    Msg. 8 of 56       
plz dun threadjack plllllz

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 05:35 PM    Msg. 9 of 56       
well. back on topic now, i've been suggested to have a bunker drop, with ammo spawns attatched. is this workable and useful?

Ro0ster

is a rooster

Posted: Aug 14, 2009 04:44 PM    Msg. 10 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Xaos
well. back on topic now, i've been suggested to have a bunker drop, with ammo spawns attatched. is this workable and useful?
When it spawns the bunker, what actually is the bunker? Is the vehicle actually spawning a .vehicle that would look like a bunker and then plumet to the ground?

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 05:36 PM    Msg. 11 of 56       
i was thinking either as an object/scenery that can fall, but not move much from shockwaves etc. either that or make it a vehicle, so if it flips you can flip it back over and hide inside. i suppose if i edit its model, i can make it have a floor & passenger seats, and make it be able to be picked up by a peli, for heavy combat drops. or something. fill it full of AI and drop it (Meat Shields, Go!) how does that sound?
Edited by Xaos on Aug 16, 2009 at 05:43 PM

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 10:09 AM    Msg. 12 of 56       

So what else? should it be bulletproof? slow? hard to aim? just general stuff, like whether it should have a specific weak point (not quite death star style but maybe similar) The cruiser i'm building is a miniature POA, but still 4 stories high. it will have a MAC cannon for gunner seat, NO idea what to use for secondary fire. any idea's are welcome for that, or any other idea's about it.

PS. I've gotten around to naming it for now, rather than call it 'the vehicle'. My friends and i decided on the Pillar of Awesome for now lol. just temporary.
Edited by Xaos on Aug 13, 2009 at 05:42 PM

Secondary fire should be archer pods, but they engage on the lower side of the ship. I don't exactly know what those smaller cannons are on the bottom, and I'm pretty sure the MAC is around the center, like the frigates. And, if possible, make the secondary fire drop stuff, like some Pelican tags out there, but make them drop players instead of weapons(if anybody's inside).

I had this idea, but I never got around to making it. And let the driver use the MAC. For safety.
Edited by Ethereial on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 05:32 PM    Msg. 13 of 56       
wouldnt that make it a bit too over powered? and do you mean drop players as in boot people out of specific seats? that would be cool, i was going to try to have drop pod type things that people can stand in and just jump out (the exit location would be outside the hull).
or i was thinking of having a bumblebee or two, so when it stops, you can use it to evac.

should the pillar be destructable? i thought maybe if i could give it a delayed explosion, players inside would use the evac. it'd make it more fun i reckon (it'd take a fair few hits though), because you don't just die when someone shoots you enough, you get a chance to run and hide

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 06:01 AM    Msg. 14 of 56       
will you also be showing pics :U
because its just tl:dr work a bit on the visuals, all i see is weapons weapons weapons

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 10:40 AM    Msg. 15 of 56       
I thought objects would slide off a moving vehicle, except if it's slower than a Wraith, or you make it "dock" like the Pelican on Coldsnap.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 10:52 AM    Msg. 16 of 56       
Make a ground-based artillery platform.

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 09:33 PM    Msg. 17 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Ethereial
I thought objects would slide off a moving vehicle, except if it's slower than a Wraith, or you make it "dock" like the Pelican on Coldsnap.

the pods will spawn as attatched, which i'm sure is doable. i liked the idea of a ground based artillery platform, that would have no homing on the projectile, so it would be easy to hit the pillar but hard to hit jets and other air vehicles. and i need other peoples opinions to make it fair, because if i made it to suit my likings, it may be horrible to other players. and i'll start putting pics up once i get the drawings done. doing pics of each level layout with seats

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 06:32 AM    Msg. 18 of 56       

the pods will spawn as attatched, which i'm sure is doable. i liked the idea of a ground based artillery platform, that would have no homing on the projectile, so it would be easy to hit the pillar but hard to hit jets and other air vehicles. and i need other peoples opinions to make it fair, because if i made it to suit my likings, it may be horrible to other players. and i'll start putting pics up once i get the drawings done. doing pics of each level layout with seats

Artillery platform? Apparently it's called a Wraith. The firing arc is used for seige and anti-trench warfare. Not that the UNSC still uses trenches, though.

Give the MAC a 60-second recharge time, although don't put in the dots, it just makes people more impatient. For the secondary fire you could pick between archer missiles or drop pods. I vote for the second, although I recon you'll be able to launch from the pod while the vehicle is moving. Sometimes I praise BF1942 more than Halo just for the physics engine.

Then again, who am I to judge your decision?

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 05:12 PM    Msg. 19 of 56       
well, i did ask you to judge my decision. but i need more firepower than a simple Wraith to take down a three story high frigate armed with a MAC cannon. If a wraith could shoot it down, the thing would crash and kill the wraith anyways =P I was thinking that in a map completely ship vs ship, give it a Mac cannon, with maybe 40secs cooldown (LONG time in combat) and archer pods. But in a map with infantry, the main guns would be way over powered. If i do include the Mac, it would be around a minute, maybe 90 secs tops, because it is more of a support frigate in that situation. It has AI manned guns, to defend like a fortress, it has room for parked vehicles, and i was thinking of attatching a teleport spawn point to the inside, so you go through a teleport in your team's base and you go straight to the ship.

And i was thinking of having secondary fire drop ODST's, so it acts like launching bombs at the ground that look like the black coffin-shaped pods cheif drops from in Halo2. the 'bombs' hit the ground, and their explosion effects spawns an ODST allied to the pilot, and smoke to cover the lack of animation =P

Gamma927

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 06:34 PM    Msg. 20 of 56       

the pods will spawn as attatched,

If you use "object_attach", then you can't use them. You can't use attached objects.

catinthemafia

the worlds hatred creates the next kkk

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 08:54 PM    Msg. 21 of 56       
also you should have the players to be able to hang on to the back of the car and also there should be oil spills

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 09:15 PM    Msg. 22 of 56       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927

If you use "object_attach", then you can't use them. You can't use attached objects.

Orly?

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 09:20 PM    Msg. 23 of 56       
hmm oh i know you should be able to put little put gps markings like of gta 4
also you should have it so that when your in a longsord that if your not in a seat wont fall out

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Sep 1, 2009 11:08 PM    Msg. 24 of 56       

It will be like pelican attach, continual loop of detach/reattach, so you can get in it. And i'm not sure how to make it so you can stay in a longsword if your not in a seat. i'd assumed you alter density or something, so if someone knows, i'll do that with all the vehicles on my map. Also, i need advice on speed and manoeuvering. I was thinking of making the cruise speed the same as the pelican, but have a really slow acceleration. similar turning too, maybe a bit slower. is this ok? faster? slower?
Edited by Xaos on Sep 1, 2009 at 11:33 PM

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:05 AM    Msg. 25 of 56       
well fast is good but easy to flip thats why the cold snap wort hog fails

Gamma927

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:34 AM    Msg. 26 of 56       
You can't flip a huge spaceship...

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:35 AM    Msg. 27 of 56       
hmmm you can flip a long sord

Gamma927

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:36 AM    Msg. 28 of 56       
I'm talking about the Pillar of Autumn.

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:37 AM    Msg. 29 of 56       
I'm talking about the Pillar of Autumn.

hmm i might be able to

Gamma927

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:54 AM    Msg. 30 of 56       

Spacecraft flying through the air DO NOT FLIP at high speeds.
Edited by Gamma927 on Sep 2, 2009 at 12:55 AM

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 12:57 AM    Msg. 31 of 56       
trust me ill find a way

Gamma927

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 01:04 AM    Msg. 32 of 56       
Flip a draco.

catinthemafia

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 07:17 PM    Msg. 33 of 56       
Flip a draco.

ok but itz 2 slow but ill try

Xaos

"Aim towards the enemy."

Posted: Sep 2, 2009 09:05 PM    Msg. 34 of 56       
i was going to add A and D to give it roll, so you can roll to get better targets. rolling from speed won't matter if the A and D works. it'll mean you can broadside the ground with your side guns on maps without the mac. Also, i was thinking maybe have more armour on either the top or bottom, so you can roll to take enemy fire from that side (like take a mac round on the heaviest armour, so it does less damage)
Edited by Xaos on Sep 2, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Ethereial

O_O

Posted: Sep 7, 2009 01:39 AM    Msg. 35 of 56       
well, i did ask you to judge my decision. but i need more firepower than a simple Wraith to take down a three story high frigate armed with a MAC cannon. If a wraith could shoot it down, the thing would crash and kill the wraith anyways =P I was thinking that in a map completely ship vs ship, give it a Mac cannon, with maybe 40secs cooldown (LONG time in combat) and archer pods. But in a map with infantry, the main guns would be way over powered. If i do include the Mac, it would be around a minute, maybe 90 secs tops, because it is more of a support frigate in that situation. It has AI manned guns, to defend like a fortress, it has room for parked vehicles, and i was thinking of attatching a teleport spawn point to the inside, so you go through a teleport in your team's base and you go straight to the ship.

And i was thinking of having secondary fire drop ODST's, so it acts like launching bombs at the ground that look like the black coffin-shaped pods cheif drops from in Halo2. the 'bombs' hit the ground, and their explosion effects spawns an ODST allied to the pilot, and smoke to cover the lack of animation =P

Wait wait wait, is this dead yet? *tap tap* Oh well, it's still on the first page. I really like how this vehicle is coming along, it's what I wanted to make but never could.

That vehicle would work well with Battlefield, just because:
-You could walk around in a moving vehicle
-You can attach a vehicle to another
-You can have spawn points in vehicles

...stupid engine.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat January 18, 2020 9:56 AM 297 ms.
A Halo Maps Website