A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »World mapping team back in business. (Wmclan)

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: World mapping team back in business. (Wmclan) (49 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

Fairchild

"Your voice sounds like... sexy"

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:23 AM    Msg. 1 of 49       
After almost a year of absolutely no progress at all with anything, I've decided to get my old team back together and actually get some work done with completely custom maps, tags, programs, and more. The previous attempt of a "Clan" really didn't work at all. So many good ideas, just no one wanted to do any of the work. This time I'm going to be picky with who I pick. If you have no clue what it takes to be in a hardcore working team that gets lots of things done super fast, with super high standards, wm isn't for you. I've personally been in 5 hard working teams in my lifetime, only 2 of which I've leaded. Iím working on a new website with better spam prevention and an easier to use communication system for the whole team. Iíve already coded all of the backend stuff, just need to add pretty pictures and make things user friendly. Our old site http://wmclan.net/ will be updated once the team is together. Itís currently just a blob of crap Iíve been a part of since wm crashed and burned nothing useful really. Probably going to just format all the hardrives and start over.

Enough Gibberriiissh letís get to the good stuff.

Benefits of being in WM:

• Each WMCLAN member is given free web hosting with all the space they need (up to 1tb), php, mysql, ftp, etc. (yourname.wmclan.net) OR (wmclan.net/yourname) Email address (yourname@wmclan.net) included.

• All of the WMCLAN tags, programs, custom HEK tools, etc.

• Proper Credit for each and EVERYTHING you do! We take this very seriously.

• Special "GREEN" program, only WMCLAN members have access to. "GREEN" is how we communicate builds with eachother. It's like a svn for all of our tags. Your tags and data folders are updated with all the latest builds, and if you break something you can go back to a previous revision. Don't get all happy though, itís all logged and each and every tag has its own special fingerprint. You leak blah.weapon, we can trace the encrypted fingerprint back to your clan name. Yes, only your clan name.

• Wmclan offers you a fast way to get your ideas into a map. If we all work together, use eachothers ideas, and keep every clean, the content return will be massive. Letís say you have a general idea for a map. Put it onto paper, do a rough 3d model, or just explain to somebody what it should look like. The team will work together to the best of their abilities to make it look like what you had in mind. If you don't like it, we can put it in the scrap folder and take parts of it for other maps and ideas. CONTENT = YES

• You will also be with only the best of the best. This makes it easy to do just about anything and have the power to make something amazing.

• So much more Iím not listing, you will have to find out yourself.

If you would like to join wmclan, please post back with this form..

Name:
Best way of contact:
What you think your BEST work is:
Why you should be in WM:

Once we get enough people to sign up, I will go through all of the submissions and narrow it down to the top 5. I will then recruit them, and ask their opinions on the rest of the submissions. We will start as a small clan, until we start getting this in line. Once we get a good work ethic down, and we are working well as a team we will recruit more people. If you donít get in on the first attempt, keep trying. You never know what might happen.

Some people might be happy WM is coming back, But others might be disappointed.

We will have to see how well this works...

-Fairchild (The new E3pO)

DEEhunter

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:35 AM    Msg. 2 of 49       
Wm clan old f*g reporting in.

avp DRAGON

yeeeee

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 12:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: DEEhunter

DEE says you guys are pretty good, so I'm interested.

xfire: avpdragon
msn: I dont want to post on this site
I'm learning to do concept work and have programs like zbrush, 3ds max, and the adobe CS3 package, but of course, I'm still learning.
DeviantART: http://avpdragon.deviantart.com/
Edited by avp DRAGON on Aug 16, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 12:31 PM    Msg. 4 of 49       
Damn, e3po, you dont give up? Lmao. I was kicked like a year and something ago, for no reason. So you can suck the back end of halo. :)

DEEhunter

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 12:39 PM    Msg. 5 of 49       
I like how everyone has the most horrible stereotypes about e3po. Shows how easily manipulable a community is by just having a few biased opinions.

So pro.

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 12:52 PM    Msg. 6 of 49       
Wow, you guys need THIS much stuff to get it people to join? Eh. No.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 01:06 PM    Msg. 7 of 49       
Don't derail this thread because you have some ancient grudge.

I would apply but I am too lazy to model more stuff... :/

K_I_D

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 01:24 PM    Msg. 8 of 49       
He's not changed at all.

Advancebo

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 01:26 PM    Msg. 9 of 49       

Latest member to join, reporting in.

vmt

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 02:20 PM    Msg. 10 of 49       
Reported back, E3p0 was never bad you guys just are to blind to see it

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 02:48 PM    Msg. 11 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: vmt
Reported back, E3p0 was never bad you guys just are to blind to see it

i did save that old topic, just so you know. and the irony of the "too blind to see" part is staggering.

i dont think e3po is up to anything anymore, but he has developed a reputation in the past as a hacker. that sort of thing makes it very difficult to trust him when he says things like his program can track your clan id and he has his own website that he allows others to view. i highly doubt he was doing anything malicious other than acquiring the passwords to two people's account on here, but surely you people understand how easy it is for someone who knows what their doing to acquire a whoooole lot of information on you. i know a guy who got 3 databases of credit card numbers by creating a fake login page that directed people back to the real site they were originally trying to get on. he doesnt use any of them, but that alone should show you how easy it would be for an administrator to get your information. as i said, i am NOT accusing e3po of doing any of that, but when people turn a scrutinizing eye to him, you have to understand why. calling that "blindness" is just flat out ignorant and wrong.

AlwinRoth

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 02:54 PM    Msg. 12 of 49       
I still use his screenshot uploaded program...

Scott

No.

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 02:58 PM    Msg. 13 of 49       
*shakes head* Not again...

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 03:09 PM    Msg. 14 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
*shakes head* Not again...

yeah, this^
it must be a pain in the ass for e3po to try to do something when all he can get is people arguing about his past.

DEEhunter

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:09 PM    Msg. 15 of 49       
I liked when he xss'ed the forums.

Still though, if you still hold a grudge against e3po for doing such actions then it really just shows how much you lack the inability to move on. Holding a grudge for this long, really?

We don't care how much you hold a grudge against him, it doesn't make a difference. If people want to join, let them join WITHOUT your biased opinions of him.
Edited by DEEhunter on Aug 16, 2009 at 04:14 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:38 PM    Msg. 16 of 49       
Dennis, clean thread please.

K_I_D

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:40 PM    Msg. 17 of 49       

Still though, if you still hold a grudge against e3po for doing such actions then it really just shows how much you lack the inability to move on. Holding a grudge for this long, really?

We don't care how much you hold a grudge against him, it doesn't make a difference. If people want to join, let them join WITHOUT your biased opinions of him.

Um, his attitude is still attrocious.

SiMuLaCrUm

too digital

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 04:42 PM    Msg. 18 of 49       
I like how everyone has the most horrible stereotypes about e3po. Shows how easily manipulable a community is by just having a few biased opinions.

So pro.

Hurray for sheeple :D

Fairchild

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 06:39 PM    Msg. 19 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D

Um, his attitude is still attrocious.

Kid, Grow up. When was the last time i talked to you. How can you say "his attitude is still atrocious" if you haven't talked to me in nearly 4 months?

Anyway, yes the "new e3po" is quite different. This summer i've had several things happen to me that I'm proud of. I've changed my life style, how i think about things, and i've gone for the better.

K_I_D

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 06:47 PM    Msg. 20 of 49       
Ok, add me on xfire. We talk, ya digg? Or else I'll jock kick someone down the stairs. And you're attitude WAS attrocious.

Fairchild

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 06:56 PM    Msg. 21 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: K_I_D
Ok, add me on xfire. We talk, ya digg? Or else I'll jock kick someone down the stairs. And you're attitude WAS attrocious.

My aim is in my profile, so is my msn. I'm away with some friends this weekend but I'll get back to you on monday sometime.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 07:59 PM    Msg. 22 of 49       
yay
wm combo was cool, never really saw anything else you guys did besides the E3p0 hek which I somtimes use.
Edited by Higuy on Aug 16, 2009 at 08:00 PM

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 09:15 PM    Msg. 23 of 49       
That's the only HEK I use...

Joshflighter

Former CMT Team Co-Leader

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 09:36 PM    Msg. 24 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: Higuy

yay
wm combo was cool, never really saw anything else you guys did besides the E3p0 hek which I somtimes use.
Edited by Higuy on Aug 16, 2009 at 08:00 PM

The grav launcher canon thing.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 10:29 PM    Msg. 25 of 49       
First I'd Like to say welcome back.
And second here's my application

Name: supersniper
Xfire: supersniper1
Gamertag: Froster1
aim: majajluni
What you think your BEST work is: I can host servers for map testing, i am learning how to program and about the Blam engine itself.
Why you should be in WM: I can bring fun and fresh ideas. I am very creative. Plus I was in it last time ;)

DEEhunter

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 12:16 AM    Msg. 26 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous__1337
OH hai e3po i thought you died but you didnt :D

Nope, just got a social life.

Codebrain

/meme

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 01:10 AM    Msg. 27 of 49       
I am so awesome I don't need to make a application.

Me and E3p0 are friends, I donated to his site once.

oh, and wb :)

Dr Pepper And 7up Inc

deactivated

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 07:02 PM    Msg. 28 of 49       
Yay it's back, I miss it.

supersniper

fear the sniper

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 08:16 PM    Msg. 29 of 49       
yo dee, clean up the forums over there so we can start posting :/

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 08:41 PM    Msg. 30 of 49       
You should update the download page. It's impossible to find a download for E3pO Hek V1.2 since Dennis removed it from Halomaps.

Fairchild

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:15 AM    Msg. 31 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: chrisk123999
You should update the download page. It's impossible to find a download for E3pO Hek V1.2 since Dennis removed it from Halomaps.

Actually, I'm working on a new version of it with a bunch of new goodies :D

chrisk123999

=CE= Chris [Captain] [=]

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 01:08 AM    Msg. 32 of 49       
O yay.

CLS_GRUNT

Old

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 01:14 AM    Msg. 33 of 49       
Something interesting would be if you made the tools a bit more visually appealing.
right now there as boring as dishwater.

Fairchild

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 02:23 AM    Msg. 34 of 49       
http://wmclan.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=826
Quote: So, last night i had this kick ass dream, i liked it. Anyway.

After some hard thinking, i tried to remember as much of it as possible, here it is!
1. Mental Experimentation Facility

Long white hallways with lots of shadows, lightbulbs (dim) flashing, about to burn out. Lights turn on and off so player can't see where they're going. Large, lots of rooms and doors. No windows, underground, secret building. Cracked walls, similar to a broken down, old hospital. Faded white floors, tiled with some tiles cracked or missing. Rooms with bars (similar to jail bars), rooms trying to hold people inside. Dirty. Multiple levels, creepy stairways, holes in floors of upper levels. Labratory room with florescent lighting, chryogenic tubes, pill cabinets with loads of pills and prescription bottles, body parts on tables, dead people, surgery tools (scalpels, gloves, etc.). Distant people screaming, broken radios, someone over an intercom that talks at random times and doesn't make any sense, sirens in background. Dead rats in hallways. Blood splatters on walls. Scripted random bodies, each map load, objects are in different places (doesn't need to sync on multi-player). Large shower room with blood everywhere and broken toilets. Room with pile of dead bodies in straight-jackets. Ladders that allow players to go into vents and/or different rooms in floors above. Some vents lead to rooms with no doors, others lead to rooms with doors, some lead to rooms with torture chairs. Body carts in hallways with body bags on them. Each room portaled. Elevator shaft with no elevator, ladders down the side of the elevator shaft. Grungy textures, bump maps, detail maps, etc. Vray lightmaps.

What do you think? What should we add? Good idea?

Edited by Fairchild on Aug 18, 2009 at 02:57 AM

DEEhunter

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:45 PM    Msg. 35 of 49       
Quote: --- Original message by: Fairchild
Vray lightmaps.
Edited by Fairchild on Aug 18, 2009 at 02:57 AM

o

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed February 26, 2020 1:56 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website