A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Custom crates...

Author Topic: Custom crates... (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

breowleh

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 10:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 3       
I am just curious, is there any way I can create a custom crate using my own models?

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 10:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
let me rephrase this. Create a texture in photoshop, gimp, or w/e image program you want to use. Save the image and turn it into a bitmap (there a tuorials on this site on how to do that) and put it on your .gbxmodel.
Edited by CorruptedHalo on Aug 18, 2009 at 10:58 PM

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Aug 19, 2009 09:22 PM    Msg. 3 of 3       
What he said is mostly true however the terminology in H2V is a little different than HCE. The .gbxmodel's are now .render_models in H2V.

But the main issue is that we cannot make new .collision or .physics_models at this time so you must re-skin an existing crate by (back-up existing first) changing/replacing the crate's shaders so they point to your new compiled bitmap tags.

Your new bitmaps (textures) must be the same dimensions as the one(s) you are replacing. 256x256 and 128x128 are common sizes, notice the must be multiples of two.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Mon September 23, 2019 8:58 AM 141 ms.
A Halo Maps Website