A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »MMMMM, whats cooking?

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next
Author Topic: MMMMM, whats cooking? (39 messages, Page 1 of 2)
Moderators: Dennis

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 04:25 PM    Msg. 1 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: commanderfarvel
i have an oven. i would like to bake some bump-maps or bitmaps or whatever they are called, i cant remember, ill Google it after my answer
tell me how before they burn...

You have no idea what you're talking about. I feel dirty justifying this post with a reply.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 04:36 PM    Msg. 2 of 39       
i have an oven. i would like to bake some bump-maps or bitmaps or whatever they are called, i cant remember, ill Google it after my answer

Get the Nvidia Normal map filter for Adobe Photoshop.
Install it, then open up photoshop and make sure all your layers are selected (or combined..) then go to filters and go all the way down to nvidia -> normal map filter.
do whatever settings you want and press ok. then you have yourself a normal map. (normal map acts like bump map.)

halo3n00b

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 04:56 PM    Msg. 3 of 39       
this made me lol so badly

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 06:35 PM    Msg. 4 of 39       
Nvidia Normal map filter? Why would he use tht when I can bake normal maps in 3ds max? :S
And did you not read what Snaf said about that plugin on modacity? I think you posted it on there and I think it was Snaf.

Also, at thread starter; you have no clue what you are talking about so I doubt you will manage it... "normal mpa or whateva" ... research into what you are trying to do instead of making "smart" threads in attempting to be funny and sound cool...

avp DRAGON

yeeeee

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 06:36 PM    Msg. 5 of 39       
Oh.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 07:09 PM    Msg. 6 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
Nvidia Normal map filter? Why would he use tht when I can bake normal maps in 3ds max? :S
And did you not read what Snaf said about that plugin on modacity? I think you posted it on there and I think it was Snaf.
Uhh...no? Why would I care anyway - I rarely texture, and I was telling this guy an easy way to make some normal maps that work.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 07:43 PM    Msg. 7 of 39       
Why say "Uhh...no?"? When really it is Uhh... Yes. And I am sure the other guy cares whether or not what you told him to do is good or not... So if you don't care then don't post.

And texturing has naff all to do with making normal maps...

You really live up to your username.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 07:56 PM    Msg. 8 of 39       
again, your attitude is a disgrace.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 07:59 PM    Msg. 9 of 39       
Why say "Uhh...no?"? When really it is Uhh... Yes. And I am sure the other guy cares whether or not what you told him to do is good or not... So if you don't care then don't post.

And texturing has naff all to do with making normal maps...

You really live up to your username.

Your such an idiot.
I said Uhh..no? Because I don't go over and check modacity every hour on the hour. I just now looked. What I said was a basic way to do it. If he wants to do better go ahead.
Like I said, I rarely texture, but I know some basic stuff. Its better then nothing at all.

And Hunter, please shut up. You act like you own the place at Halomaps, and your annoying. Go away, and troll another forum other then this one. Your models may be decent, but that dosen't mean you need to act the way you do.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:00 PM    Msg. 10 of 39       
Excuse me, my attitude? I replyed to "kids" message telling him that the way he told him to make normals is stupid, and can be done easier...

Then he has the cheek to come in here and say "Umm... No" as to say that I am wrong although a senior member of this comunity has also said the same thing as me. That the plugin is bad to use..

I find "kids" attitude a disgrace and disrespectful.

Edit: I do not act as I own the place, I "act" like I actually know something... And you should look up the definition of trolling instead of using it as an excuse to sound insaulting.
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:02 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:03 PM    Msg. 11 of 39       
I really couldnt care less who was right or wrong. You are always rude and disrespectful on this forum, i dont see how you could expect anyones respect.
Your knowledge of modeling does not make up for your attitude.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:04 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:08 PM    Msg. 12 of 39       
The reason I did not reply to him with some form of respect was because I did not really find his reply very respectful tbqh.

Isnt the internet fun haha, this is the reason I dont come on very often now Lol, bull shizen all the time and people biatching. Some people just need to grow some balls like I keep on saying. Id prefer to go out and have a drink with my mates than argue online. Wouldn't mind arguing face to face though haha, I would just head but ya.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:11 PM    Msg. 13 of 39       
Did you really just say that?
Did you understand what i was trying to say?

You didnt read Higuy's post properly, misunderstood it then got shirty.

Good luck with your headbuts, i hope you dont slam your nose into someones forehead.
Edited by Maniac1000 on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:13 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:12 PM    Msg. 14 of 39       
@Mr Hat
Not really no, you think your cool by saying that? haha. Do you actually realise how pathetic and worthless you sound when you put that Lol.

u 12 years old?

Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000
Good luck with your headbuts, i hope you dont slam your nose into someones forehead.

Why would I do that Lol.
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:14 PM

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:12 PM    Msg. 15 of 39       
'kids'?
I am not kid.
Just becuase you are a senior in the community, does not make you any different then any one else.
Edited by Higuy on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:13 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 08:16 PM    Msg. 16 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Mr Hat

@Hunter:
Look how mad you are.
Edited by Mr Hat on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:14 PM

haha, you say anything else? You seem to be a parrot when you want to involve yourself in an argument to act big.

Edit: Cba argue now anyway. Read how the argument started, tis just fuxing stupid, get a life and start an argument over something decent...
Edited by anonymous_2009 on Aug 24, 2009 at 08:22 PM

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 09:03 PM    Msg. 17 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Maniac1000

Why would I do that Lol.

im not sure here so bear with me, but i think when you say:
Wouldn't mind arguing face to face though haha, I would just head but ya.

we get the idea that you like to headbut :U

E: and before somebody opens up on me, yeah hunter is right about normal maps. you can bake them in max, but i still dont know how to do that and i have coming on 5 years of experience in max. how is the OP supposed to know how to do that? giving him a tutorial would help.
and as i said hunter, you were RIGHT, but your post was made in a condescending tone, and you picked up an argument with higuy at the slightest little thing. hes just trying to help. you have a huge amount of information that you could share with the community if you wouldnt be so irate when you post
Edited by Donut on Aug 24, 2009 at 09:11 PM

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 09:38 PM    Msg. 18 of 39       

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 09:39 PM    Msg. 19 of 39       
You can bake normal maps in max, but you also can do normal maps in photoshop. A good artist knows how to utilize both ways. Most of the time, The maps baked from your modeling app will not always contain all of the detail such as chipping paint, minute scratches, and any other detail that is illogical to model in. you can easily run this detail through the nvidia photoshop plugin if you know what your doing. You don't just run the texture through the plugin. You have to have proper lighting information.

Here are a few good tutorials for normal maps:

http://www.svartberg.com/tutorials/article_normalmaps/normalmaps.html

http://www.katsbits.com/htm/tutorials/creating_bumpmaps_from_images.htm

http://www.gameartisans.org/gamecon/tutorials/tut_3.htm

http://nic.sarahparsons.co.uk/images/normalmapping101.pdf

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/9046/normalmapminitutrf7.jpg

http://www.game-artist.net/forums/spotlight-articles/43-tutorial-introduction-normal-mapping.html

The last two are the ones that I find most helpful.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff.” ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Aug 24, 2009 10:53 PM    Msg. 20 of 39       
Higuy, Maniac1000 and Disaster are the only ones who who actually answered the original poster's question everyone else was as useless as tits on a boar and just as ugly to see.

Edited by Dennis on Aug 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM

jimmy

You can cure a derp, but not the herps.

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 02:00 AM    Msg. 21 of 39       
Oh I get it now.....
Edited by jimmy on Aug 25, 2009 at 02:01 AM

OMEGAMUFFIN9000

Big Russian Bear! FEAR ME WESTERN USA

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 08:27 AM    Msg. 22 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

Higuy, Maniac1000 and Disaster are the only ones who who actually answered the original poster's question everyone else was as useless as tits on a boar and just as ugly to see.

QFT. QFT

catinthemafia

the worlds hatred creates the next kkk

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 08:12 PM    Msg. 23 of 39       

wtf tits on a boar? why u looking there? and the starter of the post was a troll ( sadly the bump maps are too crispy better use some more tag icing

Newbkilla

- Artist, Environment Artist, Level Designer -

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 08:17 PM    Msg. 24 of 39       
Well, immaturity is showing through. I suggest you better tuck it in, and continue on with a normal life.

As for the question, if you want to bake bump maps (normal maps), you can also use xnormals, and make a high and low poly model, and the differential between the two makes the normal map.

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 25, 2009 08:40 PM    Msg. 25 of 39       
Quote: --- Original message by: Newbkilla
Well, immaturity is showing through. I suggest you better tuck it in, and continue on with a normal map.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 05:03 AM    Msg. 26 of 39       

Look in the mirror. As I am taking the ugly part as an insault "Mr. Set an example".

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 02:03 PM    Msg. 27 of 39       

Look in the mirror. As I am taking the ugly part as an insault "Mr. Set an example".

Thats your concience getting the better of you.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 02:19 PM    Msg. 28 of 39       
Hunter, if this place pisses you off so much, you have the option of randomizing your password and never logging in again.

Just sayin' man.

Dennis

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 03:39 PM    Msg. 29 of 39       
My statement was a clear indication that the other posts were not needed and uncalled for. My characterization of them as “ugly” was a way to tell you that the uncalled for posts showed a total lack of decorum.

In other words if you were not going to help the original poster by supplying information about his problem you should not have posted. You are free to disagree with the proposed solution, but instead of positing a better one you decided to post negative comments in a derisive way intentionally designed to elicit an argument with Higuy. It was nasty, it was petty and it was ugly to see. It is a pattern in your interactions with others that instead of helping with clear concise information you attempt to belittle, harangue and demean others and then get offended when called on it. Your exhibited behavior is not the characteristics of one who would be afforded any respect. I suggest that instead of trying to pick an argument with me you take your own advice and “look in the mirror”.

Edited by Dennis on Aug 26, 2009 at 03:41 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 03:50 PM    Msg. 30 of 39       
Why, would would you like to me to look for in the mirror? I did not "pick" a fight with Higuy, I was telling him that the way he posted was bad as he has been told so by a senior member already, so I did not understand why he posted the technique again.

Also, when I said "kid" in my posts, it was because I just glanced at the username whome I was replying to, and i thought it was K I D. I did not intend to be calling him a kid.

And you are a funny guy Dennis. haha. Going to eat my chips now :)

K_I_D

If you are cool, this will be your avatar quote.

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 03:56 PM    Msg. 31 of 39       
Why, would would you like to me to look for in the mirror? I did not "pick" a fight with Higuy, I was telling him that the way he posted was bad as he has been told so by a senior member already, so I did not understand why he posted the technique again.

Also, when I said "kid" in my posts, it was because I just glanced at the username whome I was replying to, and i thought it was K I D. I did not intend to be calling him a kid.

And you are a funny guy Dennis. haha. Going to eat my chips now :)

I think we all just want you to stop w. the tough guy act. No ones cares what you would do to us face to face, at all. IMO the stench of your rotting teeth would make us pass out before we even got a word out, so the headbut with your empty skull wouldn't do much good. So go eat your chips, we don't care Mr. Badass. Listen to dennis and stfu.

Heh, going to eat some cheese noa.

anonymous_2009

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 04:07 PM    Msg. 32 of 39       
I think you probably do all want me to stop talking, but I don't care. And I have just brushed my teeth, so my breath shouldn't smell, I will use some mouth wash, kk? And I acted like a "badman" once Lol, afew posts back actually. Shows you wanted something to use against me. Lol.

Internet is so much fun.

Higuy

@lucasgovatos

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 04:33 PM    Msg. 33 of 39       

Yet I still told you after that I hadnt checked modacity, yet you continue to argue. Nice response, maybe read whats in front of you next time and stop acting stupid.
Edited by Higuy on Aug 26, 2009 at 04:34 PM

Jesse

Discord: Holy Crust#4500

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 05:15 PM    Msg. 34 of 39       

Edited by jesse on Aug 26, 2009 at 05:17 PM

Dennis

Posted: Aug 26, 2009 05:28 PM    Msg. 35 of 39       
Why, would would you like to me to look for in the mirror? I did not "pick" a fight with Higuy,
All you needed to do was say "there are other ways to do baking" and then go on to explain what the ones you preferred are. But instead you specifically negated Higuy’s method in a derogatory way. This seems to be your method, instead of letting your opinion stand on it own, you attempt to negate others.
And you are a funny guy Dennis. haha.
I can be at times, but I am not when I say that in my opinion your behavior in this forum is odious and unbecoming. Feel free to spread your brand of self indulgent narcissism elsewhere, it is not welcome here.

Page 1 of 2 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat June 6, 2020 8:04 AM 250 ms.
A Halo Maps Website