A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Need advice on degenerate triangles in sapien.

Author Topic: Need advice on degenerate triangles in sapien. (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

eliteslasher

Crysis 3!!!!!!! All I have to say. :D

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 02:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Ok i have been getting this error and i am not sure why. It says in sapien that i have degenerate triangles. I think that means that i have have triangles in the UVW map that cross over others.
If so i am ED

krispy1001

It Happens

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 04:37 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Hi eliteslasher!

I have had that error as well. I corrected the problem in my map by deleting and re-making all of the faces in my map that the .wrl file showed as problems.

Maybe it would work for you as well.

Thanks, krispy1001

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 07:11 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: Hek Tutorial
There is an error in the construction of the triangles that compose the level geometry.

Check for triangles that have had edges turned or have been modified such that 2 edges of the triangle now exist in the same space (share the same vertex coordinates).

These will often appear in 3ds Max as a single edge when in fact it is just the collapsed or malformed edges of a triangle all occupying the same space.

eliteslasher

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 07:16 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
well it said it could also be a UVW error and in my UVW map some cross over. Is that not allowed. Because i know the level works because i exported it textureless once already and have played it with no textures. The model itself should be flawless. It's just something in the UVW i think, because i have faces in the UVW map crossing over. Does that cause problems in sapien when doing radiosity?

il Duce Primo

CMT Team Leader

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 09:04 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Import your debug.wrl file and it will highlight what geometry has bad uvs.

I'm creating some simple video tutorials explaining errors that you can get when compiling. I just recorded nearly coplanar warnings. I'll do degenerate triangles next. After that I'll do one that explains the error youre having caused by uv errors.

eliteslasher

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 10:14 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
cool send link when you get it done and maybe i'll learn something useful for once.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 3:00 AM 203 ms.
A Halo Maps Website