A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Tool.exe and scenario problems!!! PLZ HELP ME

Author Topic: Tool.exe and scenario problems!!! PLZ HELP ME (9 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

lalelulelo

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 05:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 9       
i have finished saving my .scenario map but when i go to the directory where i saved it, the files dosent even show up, only when i go to sapien is the only time the files shows up.

So i tried saving the .scenario map to my documents and it still wont show up.

Also when i edited the bloodgulch map the same thing happens!

And then to the tool.exe, when i run the tool.exe, i put in the files names where i saved the scenario files and it says "This application has failed to start because ogg.dll wes not found. Re-innstalling the application may fix this problem"

I reinstalled the HEK and then remade the map and then tried again to run but it keeps saying the same thing.

I dont know if this helps but i am running on windows home premium 64-bit. HATE WINDOWS VISTA, HAS ALWAYS GIVEN ME PROBLEMS!!!

FtDSpartn

Verified AI.

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 05:44 PM    Msg. 2 of 9       
Quote: Orig message by chris
Vista is NEVER the problem.
<<<True. I gtg ill help you later though.I think it has to do with administrator powers.

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Aug 28, 2009 07:26 PM    Msg. 3 of 9       
You must save your scenario inside your tags folder. Guerilla / sapien can't operate outside of the tags folder.

lalelulelo

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 03:15 AM    Msg. 4 of 9       
i saved the file in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo Custom Edition\tags\levels\test

and the files that shows up in sapien dosent show up when i go through my computer or my documents, only when saving or opening with sapien

lalelulelo

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 12:07 PM    Msg. 5 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: tucker412
1. Compile jms into scenario file, tool structure levels\test test
2. Make lightmaps, tool lightmaps levels\test\test test 0 0.9
3. Open sapien and open the scenario. Make sure the desktop color quality is set to 32 bit.

Is this what you've done?

What is jms?
2?
its always on 32-bit

Edited by lalelulelo on Aug 29, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 12:25 PM    Msg. 6 of 9       
Did you create this scenario, or did you take an existing one, and modify it?

lalelulelo

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 03:20 PM    Msg. 7 of 9       
Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
Did you create this scenario, or did you take an existing one, and modify it?

I modified the map.

Details:

In my earlier forum, CMT gave me the map Snow Grove so i could modify it. I used HEK+ to make the scenario. Then I used HEK's Sapien to add weapons, and some scenery, and then saved it. I believe i did everything right but for some reason it wont show up without being in sapien.

Gamma927

Posted: Aug 29, 2009 04:00 PM    Msg. 8 of 9       
Did you add the weapons as item collections?

lalelulelo

Posted: Aug 30, 2009 12:16 AM    Msg. 9 of 9       
i am sorry but i have no idea what that means :(

OK SCREW IT ALL, if someone can just make me a huge map, and i mean freakin huge, just a simple flat plain, blue sky, green grass, and make it so that all i have to do is open it up in sapien, i will very much appretiate it.

also if you will put VERY SPECIFIC instructions to how to get the files into a .map compression, including what to do when, where, how to save the .scenario and make it to a map.
Edited by lalelulelo on Aug 31, 2009 at 03:24 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Thu February 27, 2020 3:33 PM 187 ms.
A Halo Maps Website