A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »can AI capture the flag

Author Topic: can AI capture the flag (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

SlappyThePirate

You are irritating, I'll release nothing

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 11:35 AM    Msg. 1 of 6       
I can make AI drive, Snipe, Use flamethrowers and missle launchers but They cant capture the flag, the can get on to the flagstand and they should pick it up but they just dont.
Where I'm going wiht this is if thrs any way to make ai characterized as multiplayers... just if. Because it wold solve a lot.
Edited by SlappyThePirate on Sep 4, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 07:00 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
You can't. You could simulate it using an advanced series of scripts, but it won't work for an actual CTF game, and it most certainly won't record the score.

kirby_422

Apparently public enemy number 1?

Posted: Sep 4, 2009 11:58 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: SlappyThePirate
Where I'm going wiht this is if thrs any way to make ai characterized as multiplayers... just if. Because it wold solve a lot.

You have the server full of real players, at that point, you script AI onto everyone and enter cutscene mode.. you then watch. Since they are using the players bodies, they have all the capabilities of players, but they act the same as the AI since thats whats controlling em. (Note: This acualy brings players out of sync instead of the oposite)

Quote: --- Original message by: Gamma927
You can't. You could simulate it using an advanced series of scripts, but it won't work for an actual CTF game, and it most certainly won't record the score.

or, just have 2 players that are AFK that the AI capture lol. drag the players back and forth and they deliver the flag (all threw scripts of course, but you still do need the 2 players that just sit there and do nothing while the AI capture em)

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 03:41 PM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Thanks thats what i figured too,
Whatever it was worth a shot

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 08:23 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
you just need to have three halo games to play it.

SlappyThePirate

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 04:39 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Uhhh, what?

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun November 17, 2019 7:03 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website