A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »did the guy who made Mud_skirmish rip Cmt tags?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: did the guy who made Mud_skirmish rip Cmt tags? (98 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

9killerprime

Bwuahahahaahahha I am the Bastroyer! Muahahahahaha

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 11:52 PM    Msg. 1 of 98       
Title says it all

Invader Veex

i make poast

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 11:55 PM    Msg. 2 of 98       
i'm pretty sure he got the tags from HaloCERipper.

9killerprime

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 11:57 PM    Msg. 3 of 98       
Did the guy who ripped them get in trouble? Those tags only belong to CMT! any i got to go to bed......wish i was playing odst......
Edited by 9killerprime on Sep 25, 2009 at 12:03 AM

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 12:44 AM    Msg. 4 of 98       
Go back to your xbawx.cawm or whatever it is.

Nexus Halo

Halo's Dark Knight http://www.nexushalo.kk5.org/

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 02:25 AM    Msg. 5 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: 9killerprime

Did the guy who ripped them get in trouble? Those tags only belong to CMT! any i got to go to bed......wish i was playing odst......

You can't get in trouble for ripping tags from someones map. Even if it's protected. Once it goes through tool it's the property of Microsoft. The only reason people get mad when others use their tags is because nobody ever gives them credit for making them.

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 05:46 AM    Msg. 6 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Nexus Halo

You can't get in trouble for ripping tags from someones map. Even if it's protected. Once it goes through tool it's the property of Microsoft. The only reason people get mad when others use their tags is because nobody ever gives them credit for making them.

untrue, it's the moral. CMT says you shouldn't use them because they dont want you to, and you obey or get flamed to sh|t.

frigging moral issues some people got, no matter the credit.

UnevenElefant5

she/her this fag bashes back

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 09:46 AM    Msg. 7 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

untrue, it's the moral. CMT says you shouldn't use them because they dont want you to, and you obey or get flamed to sh|t.

What part of that post was untrue?

9killerprime

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 04:21 PM    Msg. 8 of 98       
Still the people who rip from Cmt's work ( especially since its 2 years of work) should either only use them for themselves or not release them

BeachParty clan

Sooo... You wanna switch to Red team huh?

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 05:05 PM    Msg. 9 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Quote: --- Original message by: BeachParty clan

What part of that post was untrue?

the reason why people get mad. it is true that its nobody's property anymore once gone through tool, but thats the only solid thing we got.

HCER

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 06:27 PM    Msg. 10 of 98       
The only thing people have to do to get CMT's tags anymore is to visit a website...

I still don't understand why people protect, please explain why they do?

HCER

Posted: Sep 25, 2009 06:36 PM    Msg. 11 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonimo
caz they think there cool
but there excuse is they dont want it in bg mods
also i got the tags from halo ce rippers site and some from the beta

No one ever plays BG mods, or even downloads BG mods so who cares about them? Agreed.
Want the link to that website everyone is talking about, PM me

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 12:12 AM    Msg. 12 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Vern125
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo
Go back to your xbawx.cawm or whatever it is.

You mean Xbox 360? I wish I had one.

im with you vern
i'll give everything just to play ODST, H3 and H2(i rly dont like H warz, im not a strategic type of guy)

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 12:23 AM    Msg. 13 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: HCER
Quote: --- Original message by: anonimo
caz they think there cool
but there excuse is they dont want it in bg mods
also i got the tags from halo ce rippers site and some from the beta

No one ever plays BG mods, or even downloads BG mods so who cares about them? Agreed.
Want the link to that website everyone is talking about, PM me

People protect maps because they don't want morons like you who are ripping the stuff putting them in maps so that it becomes so common that nobody wants to play the maps that they were meant for.

If they aren't a big deal to you, then why bother ripping them? You are most likely just ripping the tags to piss people off. Grow up.

You can make a good map without custom tagsets. Tags are pretty much everything the users of this website care about.

CorpseManTS

Sorry, I cant hear u with my bullet in your mouth!

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 01:59 AM    Msg. 14 of 98       

so nexus, if you give cred to CMT they'll let you use their tags???

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 03:19 AM    Msg. 15 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: CorpseManTS
so nexus, if you give cred to CMT they'll let you use their tags???

that is wrong.
You would have to ask them first, and only if they would allow you to use their tags are you supposed to release them with your map. Its kinda like a moral thing, you see.
Also, if you really want to use the tags, use them for private maps that will never be released to the public.

please, this thread is getting all of us nowhere, so let it die out itself.
[/thread]

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 11:45 AM    Msg. 16 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dratt
Theres only one thing left to say... UNPROTECTED FTW

No.

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 11:56 AM    Msg. 17 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: UnevenElefant5
Theres only one thing left to say... UNPROTECTED FTW

Agreed!.

Just because you can't make your own tags doesn't mean you have to rip others to make up for it ;\

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 12:15 PM    Msg. 18 of 98       
Protector's point of view:

I'm making a map, and I spent a lot of time making these tags. I'd love people to play the map, and enjoy the weapons, but I don't really want everyone to take my hard work, and use it everywhere they can, so I'll just protect the map, so that everyone doesn't take it, and use it for whatever they want. If they ask me, I might let them.

Unprotector's point of view:

Oh my god. Those uber elite people make all these awesome tags, but don't let the public have it, because they have such high egos, and they enjoy showing off their stuff. I'll just rip it out from their maps without their permission, and leak it out for everyone else to benefit.

Both views may be incorrect, but ultimately, it should be up to the map creator to decide to protect or not. If he wishes to protect, then it's his/her choice. If they spend the time, then even though nothing belongs to them once it goes through tool, they should still have some decisions on what to do with it. The reason they protect the map, is because they want people to play the map, without being concerned over the tags. If they left it open sourced, people might just download the map, rip it, and be done with it, without playing. That defeats the purpose of the map. The map is meant to be played, not just as a container for tags.

RougeSpartan414

Angatar, the Iron-Father.

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 02:38 PM    Msg. 19 of 98       
Rip rip rip. You cannot get into legal trouble, and who cares about some teenage nerd whining about a game over the internet?

anonymous_2009

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 02:57 PM    Msg. 20 of 98       
Who said we are nerds? Im not nerd and I "whine" about it.
At the end of the day the person who created the tags have the right to protect them as they spent THEIR time on them.

The public, on the other hand did not so if the author wants them to only to be in his/her map then the community should respect that. But, due to the selfish and ignorant bratts in this community that does not happen.

And who create this stupid HaloCERipper website? That is just taking it too far to annoy people.

Personally I would protect a map because I have made all of the content my self, and with my time. And I want people to play my map because it has a unique tag set than other peoples maps. Also, I do not want my tags going into other peoples MODS.

You should all have the respect for the authers wishes or gtfo. If you don't respect people then do you really deserve respect? Nope.

And Masterz doesn't give a crap who uses the tags as long as CMT gets the credit. (Thats what I read somewhere anyway)
Some of the other members of CMT do not want the tags in public hands though I think, I don't blame them.

Koo294

How is she when she doesn't surf?

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 03:06 PM    Msg. 21 of 98       
Shouldn't you be proud of people using your work, that people actaully appreciate it?

If you are, then you wouldn't protect. simple.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 03:09 PM    Msg. 22 of 98       
I wonder if the guys at Bungie whined like that when Gearbox gave us all their tags.

_TheArbiter_

"stupidity is an epidemic " - Donut

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 03:30 PM    Msg. 23 of 98       
Look at it this way:

If steelixIB wouldnt have created the HEK+ you COULDNT protect maps....NOR rip them either.

So in the first place nobody could rip others by "normal" methods

Disaster

ROCKS

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 03:43 PM    Msg. 24 of 98       
I'm pretty sure that was made by Steelix as well :\

This is how I see it. If you rip tags, you have no idea how to make your own, you are to lazy to make your own. You have no ambition, no want to be come better. No one here who rips tags and leaks them across the internet could never in their entire life produce tags that have the same quality of the ones they are ripping.
Edited by Disaster on Sep 26, 2009 at 03:47 PM

RougeSpartan414

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 05:53 PM    Msg. 25 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
At the end of the day the person who created the tags have the right to protect them as they spent THEIR time on them.

No they don't, they're Microsoft/Bungie's tags now.

The public, on the other hand did not so if the author wants them to only to be in his/her map then the community should respect that. But, due to the selfish and ignorant bratts in this community that does not happen.

I find it quite ironic how you call the people asking for tags to be open source selfish, and the people who want to keep tags for themselves not selfish.

And who create this stupid HaloCERipper website? That is just taking it too far to annoy people.

It wasn't meant to annoy people, I'm sure of that.

I have made all of the content my self, and with my time. And I want people to play my map because it has a unique tag set than other peoples maps. Also, I do not want my tags going into other peoples MODS.

Bold: Yet it's people like you who put down Coldsnap and Hugeass.
Italics: 1. They're not your tags. 2. Your modding a game and complaining about other mods. Good job.

You should all have the respect for the authers wishes or gtfo. If you don't respect people then do you really deserve respect? Nope.

Hypocrite. You complain about other people maps suck, then ask for their respect.

And Masterz doesn't give a crap who uses the tags as long as CMT gets the credit. (Thats what I read somewhere anyway)

Then why are you trying to protect SPv2? He's fine with it, and he's one of the creators, so (according to you atleast) you should respect them and use the tags.

Some of the other members of CMT do not want the tags in public hands though I think, I don't blame them.

Masterz is the 'leader' from what I hear, so what he says should go.

Quote: --- Original message by: Disaster
This is how I see it. If you rip tags, you have no idea how to make your own, you are to lazy to make your own. You have no ambition, no want to be come better. No one here who rips tags and leaks them across the internet could never in their entire life produce tags that have the same quality of the ones they are ripping.
Edited by Disaster on Sep 26, 2009 at 03:47 PM

Or maybe they're not selfish, conceded, or cynical?
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on Sep 26, 2009 at 05:58 PM

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 07:37 PM    Msg. 26 of 98       
Nowadays, it doesn't matter whether you protect or not. If you don't, people will rip your tags anyway. If you do, then those who do rip, such as HaloCERipper, will rip your tags without your permission, and leak them. In a way, those who rip are as bad as they see those who protect.

Arteen

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 07:57 PM    Msg. 27 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: RougeSpartan414

Masters is the leader of CMT, but we tend to decide things as a team. If some people on the team don't want our unfinished tags in talentless people's Blood Gulch mods, then we protect the tags. Seriously, even if we did want to share the tags eventually, they are unfinished, unpolished, beta tags, for beta testing, so we would protect them anyway. I release all my solo maps unprotected, but when handing out betas I protect the maps, since I don't want people using my stuff before I've even finished it.

Seriously, if someone is using our PoA beta tags, not only are they a selfish ass, but they don't care enough about quality to not put unfinished tags in their maps.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 08:33 PM    Msg. 28 of 98       
Look, I'm all for sharing tags.
If the creator wants too.
If the map creator leaves his map open, then great for him. People should be encouraged to rip from open maps so they can learn. But if it's protected, leave it alone and try it yourself. You may not like it now, I didn't when I was new, but later on you'll appreciate it. For example, when I just joined, I was desperate for that flame hog in immure2. I wanted it so badly, that I tried to make it myself. Granted, it didn't look as nice, but I made it. And I learned a lot about vehicles in the process, and in retrospect I'm glad I took the time to learn it.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 08:36 PM    Msg. 29 of 98       
Yeah, you can learn from ripping, and it's a great tool for people to use, but respect the creator's wishes.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 09:18 PM    Msg. 30 of 98       
I'm quite enjoying this topic myself tbh.

Personally I would protect a map because I have made all of the content my self, and with my time. And I want people to play my map because it has a unique tag set than other peoples maps. Also, I do not want my tags going into other peoples MODS.

Hope to god you don't take up modding any other engine. As far as I know, protection is unheard of in any modding community other than Halo.

Having taken up UT3 modding, I can tell you any user has access to everything including code, models, bitmaps, UVWs, all that stuff. Anything you can't extract from the game can be ripped with 3DRipperDX, except for perhaps rigs and animations, which is some of the easiest stuff to make.

Even then, nobody in the community gives a crap if you rip their models.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Sep 26, 2009 at 09:24 PM

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 09:20 PM    Msg. 31 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Marka Haiyana

I'm quite enjoying this topic myself tbh.
Edited by Marka Haiyana on Sep 26, 2009 at 09:18 PM
This.

RougeSpartan414

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 06:09 AM    Msg. 32 of 98       
Quote: --- Original message by: Arteen

Masters is the leader of CMT, but we tend to decide things as a team. If some people on the team don't want our unfinished tags in talentless people's Blood Gulch mods, then we protect the tags. Seriously, even if we did want to share the tags eventually, they are unfinished, unpolished, beta tags, for beta testing, so we would protect them anyway. I release all my solo maps unprotected, but when handing out betas I protect the maps, since I don't want people using my stuff before I've even finished it.

Seriously, if someone is using our PoA beta tags, not only are they a selfish ass, but they don't care enough about quality to not put unfinished tags in their maps.

Nothing is done until it is perfect, which is impossible. If you don't want your tags released, why'd you release a map with them?
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on Sep 27, 2009 at 06:10 AM

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 07:43 AM    Msg. 33 of 98       

Quote: --- Original message by: Arteen

Nothing is done until it is perfect, which is impossible. If you don't want your tags released, why'd you release a map with them?
Edited by RougeSpartan414 on Sep 27, 2009 at 06:10 AM

To figure out how to make them perfect. Duh.

Azrooh

Bleh.

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 01:18 PM    Msg. 34 of 98       
Arguing about this is pointless. What it all boils down to is this: When your tags reach another person's computer, through a protected map or otherwise, you have NO say in what happens to them. Put Bungie's toys back in their box and go home.

UnevenElefant5

Posted: Sep 27, 2009 01:21 PM    Msg. 35 of 98       
If you don't want your tags released, why'd you release a map with them?

Because they like making maps and they want other people to enjoy playing their maps?
No, that couldn't possibly be it...
Edited by UnevenElefant5 on Sep 27, 2009 at 01:21 PM

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sat April 4, 2020 7:12 AM 266 ms.
A Halo Maps Website