A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 Vista Graphics

Author Topic: Halo 2 Vista Graphics (6 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

xXNeoshinobiXx

Gentlemen?

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 09:10 PM    Msg. 1 of 6       
Alright so my friend recently gave me his H2V. Installed everything alright. Checked my hardware to see if it was good enough, went to yougamers.com and got it rated. It said my specs were fine if not, significantly more powerful then the minimum requirements. Here are my specs

Acer Aspire X1200
2.5Ghz AMD athlon X2 64.
4Gbs RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8200

Other people with almost the exact same specs can run this game on HIGH. Problem with mine is that i have to put it on low, disable anti-aliasing, on the lowest resolution, then the game is barely playable, but it frame skips during every motion.

I downloaded the latest drivers for my video card already.

Help to get this optimized?

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 09:09 PM    Msg. 2 of 6       
Do you have all of the drivers in your PC up to date?

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 10:12 PM    Msg. 3 of 6       
As stated, update those drivers. But the problem may be your video card, an 8200 is not all that amazing of a card, luckily for you your Acer is a desktop so you can upgrade the video card to something better. You will need to know whether the card PCI-E or AGP.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 10:27 AM    Msg. 4 of 6       
Quote:
defrag your hard drive, and use disk cleanup to cleanup unnecessary files on your comp.
also, do a complete antivirus scan with updated and proper antivirus software.
uninstall unnecessary programs on your comp.
Also, use windows update to update your comp, and install everthing it provides you with(including the optional updates)

if everything on your comp is like what you said, then it shouldn't be choppy unless there is a virus, some RAM/processor/hard drive hog, your hard drive is too cluttered with unnecessary files or the files required for your h2v are too fragmented all over the hard drive (ie. some sections of all the files spread all over the place, so it would take a lot longer for your hard drive to access them). Updates for your comp are also necessary to make it run with a lot more stability and less slowdowns.

for more info on what I mean, look here:
Defragmentation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation

Computer viruses:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus

hope this helps.

a solution that saves money, and with your specs, h2v should run fine.
Edited by sargejohnson on Oct 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Greenfuzz

PM me if you have CoD MW for Wii

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 09:05 PM    Msg. 5 of 6       
Heres a fun way :)

First, go into your Nvidia control panel, and lower everything down for halo 2, so for better performance.
Next, right click on the halo 2 icon and click properties, click on the compatibility tab, check the "run in 640x800 resolution" and "disable desktop composition" boxes. Click apply.
Finally, run halo 2, go to settings, video,

Lower its resolution to its lowest, with the highest refresh rate, turn off Anti Alaising, turn the graphics on low (through the game, not the card) switch to windowed mode. Save. Restart halo2. There will be a dramatic increase in performance! :)

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 07:48 PM    Msg. 6 of 6       
Quote: --- Original message by: sargejohnson

Quote:
defrag your hard drive, and use disk cleanup to cleanup unnecessary files on your comp.
also, do a complete antivirus scan with updated and proper antivirus software.
uninstall unnecessary programs on your comp.
Also, use windows update to update your comp, and install everthing it provides you with(including the optional updates)

if everything on your comp is like what you said, then it shouldn't be choppy unless there is a virus, some RAM/processor/hard drive hog, your hard drive is too cluttered with unnecessary files or the files required for your h2v are too fragmented all over the hard drive (ie. some sections of all the files spread all over the place, so it would take a lot longer for your hard drive to access them). Updates for your comp are also necessary to make it run with a lot more stability and less slowdowns.

for more info on what I mean, look here:
Defragmentation:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation

Computer viruses:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus

hope this helps.

a solution that saves money, and with your specs, h2v should run fine.
Edited by sargejohnson on Oct 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Win post is win.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed November 20, 2019 3:02 AM 11,859 ms.
A Halo Maps Website