A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE Technical / Map Design »Is My Saipien Broken?

Author Topic: Is My Saipien Broken? (4 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

TheMetal

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 08:16 PM    Msg. 1 of 4       
ok, im a big noob at HEK and map editing, but hear me out and see if its just my noobness, or if my computer or HEK is busted.

I wanted to just practise on saipen with some stuff, but whenever i open the tutorial.scenario file, my computer freezes. It opens saipen with the view bars and hierarch windows and such, but my computer just freezes. I cant find my mouse pointer, and i cant do anything except alt tab to close out of saipen. Can someone tell me if I need to do something else, or if my saipen or computer is busted. Also note that this computer is a brand new windows vista.

goyanks135

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 08:54 PM    Msg. 2 of 4       
post the last paragraph of your debug.txt. It is located in your halo ce directory.

Most likely it is because your computer is multicored, which causes problems in sapien. To fix this, right click on sapien.exe and click on properties. Under compatibility click on run in compatibility mode for either windows 95 or windows 98. Also select run program as administrator. Click apply.

-As a side note: wait a couple minutes when opening sapien. It will cause the exe to become unresponsive til the scenario is fully loaded.

Maniac1000
-Helpful Poster-

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 09:31 PM    Msg. 3 of 4       
I think thats all ok because, all you see is a big white screen and a couple small windows?
The game window is being covered with some other window, just move the white window to reveal the game window.

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 03:12 AM    Msg. 4 of 4       
just wait for sapien to load the scenario file. It can take quite a few minutes if your comp is crappy.

if you want it to load faster, do some housekeeping of the comp (like deleting unnecessary files, defragmenting and disk cleanup, or even virus scanning).
Trust me, it works wonders.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Wed December 11, 2019 3:58 AM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website