A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »Profile Glitch

Author Topic: Profile Glitch (5 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

Superfield

No copyright law is going to stop me!

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 10:44 PM    Msg. 1 of 5       
Guess what, it's someone who just joined and is asking for help.

Whenever I try and play online, the game switches my normal profile name (Superfield) with the name of a gametype with a couple letters cut off (Classic Sla, Classic Eli, etc). It also adds this profile name to the list of gametypes, and it says I can't delete it because it's a default gametype. If I restart the game, however, I can delete it. It was working fine earlier today.

Overkill

I like grapes.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 05:29 AM    Msg. 2 of 5       
I've had this issue before. If you make a server in game (eg. LAN/Internet) and click on a classic non-editable gametype (eg. Classic Slayer) it makes a new profile and changes to a new one. From what I know the bug isn't patched and the only way to 'fix' it is to make a replica gametype of the default set.

Superfield

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 12:06 AM    Msg. 3 of 5       
The thing is is that it doesn't just happen when I start a server; for example, if I edit the server filters (which resets itself now, for some reason), and go back, the game flickers a little, I can see part of my desktop (which never happened before), and it changes my profile.

Headhunter09

This is the truth.

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 07:50 AM    Msg. 4 of 5       
What UI map are you using?

Superfield

Posted: Oct 4, 2009 02:09 PM    Msg. 5 of 5       
Not sure what you mean by that. Default, I guess.

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun July 5, 2020 4:26 PM 219 ms.
A Halo Maps Website