A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo 2 Vista Forum (Bungie/Microsoft) »Halo 2 Vista General Discussion »Halo 2 crashes during campaign.

Author Topic: Halo 2 crashes during campaign. (3 messages, Page 1 of 1)
Moderators: Dennis

ALIAS UNKNOWN

DIE

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 11:40 AM    Msg. 1 of 3       
So, I just bought Halo 2 Vista last night and love it. The game runs perfectly and smoothly. I've been playing a lot of online and I decided I wanted to do some Campaign.

It starts out perfect until I reach Cairo Station right after the armory. The game goes into a fade sequence (turns white) and just stays like that for a few minutes then gives me an error saying Halo 2 is not responding etc. Microsoft opens a help window and tells me to update, I did that, I updated my drivers, put the game on low setting, forced vsync but the same stuff still happens. I meet the minimum requirements for the game (I'm near the maximum) but for some reason at that one particular point, the game ends.

My game is a legit copy bought from a store. I have tried EVERYTHING and it still happens. I googled around as well and no one seems to have this issue. Do any of you have this problem or are aware of something similar? If so, could you please help me out here? Thanks.

Kills_Alone

I ain't got no candy for you, NO CANDY

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 09:58 PM    Msg. 2 of 3       
EDIT: Sorry I replied to the wrong post.
Edited by Kills_Alone on Oct 1, 2009 at 09:59 PM

sargejohnson

Shall we play a game?

Posted: Oct 2, 2009 09:22 AM    Msg. 3 of 3       
try reintalling h2v, and run your comp in safe mode before uninstalling and reinstalling.
next, run windows update and download all the updates available, including the optional ones.
update your h2v installation, then defrag and use disk cleanup on your drive.
next scan for viruses on your comp with updated antivirus software.
also, ensure no background programs are running when you play h2v.
if all else fails, reinstall your OS.

this is about all i can think of atm.
Edited by sargejohnson on Oct 2, 2009 at 09:24 AM

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Sun December 16, 2018 1:48 PM 172 ms.
A Halo Maps Website