A Community discussion forum for Halo Custom Edition, Halo 2 Vista, Portal and Halo Machinima

Home  Search Register  Login Member ListRecent Posts

»Forums Index »Halo Custom Edition (Bungie/Gearbox) »Halo CE General Discussion »have to be 17 to play halo?

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next
Author Topic: have to be 17 to play halo? (99 messages, Page 1 of 3)
Moderators: Dennis

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 10:49 AM    Msg. 1 of 99       
Did all of you under 17 know that POQ Hitman has stated publicly and I quote. "If you are not of age (17)you should'ent be playing halo or be on there server's" I spoke with an attorny and POQ Hitman is correct when he says you have to be 17 but there are no laws governing the thought behind what he is talking about, Not on the internet anyway. They should also loose the "minor" clause they have in there charter statment about not harrasing minors. Hypocrites. They cannot press charges agianst anyone for playing halo. Thats just stupid. Do they realize 60% of all halo players are 16 and under?

This is the law they speak of..and I quote our legal rep.. "Those of age whom buy the game for anyone under 17 can be charged with contributing to a minor. You have to be caught handing the minor the game ,Physically, to be charged with anything at all and almost impossible to coinvict"
thought this was interesting. I keep forgetting this is a M rated game
Yes POQ has recieved a copy of this

Gamma927

Steam: gamma927

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 10:55 AM    Msg. 2 of 99       
cool story bro. I suppose I can't play Crysis or Call of Duty either.

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:12 AM    Msg. 3 of 99       
yeah this is stupid. im 16 and iv been playing halo since i was 12. have i killed anyone? no. if you kill somebody based on something you saw in a game, protip: the game isnt the problem.
E: and what the hell is "contributing to a minor"? you gonna arrest my parents for feeding me now?
Edited by Donut on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:13 AM

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:20 AM    Msg. 4 of 99       
truley, Im 40 years old. It's up to the parent's to decide or at least help in the decision making If they can. All the other parents I know who have children or teens that play this game ( I know alot of parents who's kids play this game) have no problems with it. Actually this is one of the more mild games out there in terms of violence and profanity.
Edited by xsnoder on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM

AlwinRoth

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:42 AM    Msg. 5 of 99       
My Mother and Father don't mind me playing M rated games or watch R rated Movies.

My father finds it entertaining to "kill" people from around the world.
(He Likes technology)

And I haven't killed anyone in real life, so I don't see how blood/gore/violence/sex/drugs in a video game will actually effect me

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:50 AM    Msg. 6 of 99       
Those people are obviously retarded. Who is going to go around killing people because they saw it in a game? Only the retarded kids will think that. I've been playing M games, and have watched numerous R rated movies on my own without parent permission, or consent. My dad doesn't give a crap what I do at all. As long as I don't go around doing drugs, stealing from stores, ect. I play GTA, and I don't go around doing that kind of stuff. I'm 17 now, but when I was younger. I used to play those kinds of games all the time. Do I go around doing what I see in games, or movies? No.
Edited by pwner5889 on Oct 11, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Slayer117

Host of CE3 2010-forever!

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:12 PM    Msg. 7 of 99       
Its not the age. its more of a muturity level. thats why its called M for Mature. Basicaly you have to be mature to play this game you dont have to be 17 heck you could be a 5 year old that was raised right. I've been playing halo since i was 10 theres no real big deal behind it. The ESRB game notice is not of Age but for the ratio of what time you could be mature enough to handle this game. its not an exact age its just a ratio. look it up its all true. age dosnt realy matter unless your not mature enough.

pwner5889

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:15 PM    Msg. 8 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Slayer117
Its not the age. its more of a muturity level. thats why its called M for Mature. Basicaly you have to be mature to play this game you dont have to be 17 heck you could be a 5 year old that was raised right. I've been playing halo since i was 10 theres no real big deal behind it. The ESRB game notice is not of Age but for the ratio of what time you could be mature enough to handle this game. its not an exact age its just a ratio. look it up its all true. age dosnt realy matter unless your not mature enough.

Win post is EPIC WIN.

Scott

No.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:36 PM    Msg. 9 of 99       
Was a post really needed for this?
It says right on the box "Mature 17+"

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:39 PM    Msg. 10 of 99       
This post is truth but OP (original poster, whom hates me) isn't mature enough (rage to me on PMs moar).
By the way I've been playing Halo since I was a young 12 year old noob.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Oct 11, 2009 at 12:40 PM

AlwinRoth

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:42 PM    Msg. 11 of 99       
I remember those times when halo first was out...
Everyone huddled around the small TV yelling at each other to stop
"screen-looking"

Fun times...

Buggy Virus

Tastes like happiness

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 12:47 PM    Msg. 12 of 99       
People say that violent/explicit games haven't really had an effect on them, but you're wrong, most people I know who hadn't been exposed to more mature content until an older than other people's age I have to say are generally more mature and nicer people.

Moral of the story, a rating system is good

ESRB's rating system is terrible

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 01:24 PM    Msg. 13 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: gruntfromhalo

This post is truth but OP (original poster, whom hates me) isn't mature enough (rage to me on PMs moar).
By the way I've been playing Halo since I was a young 12 year old noob.
Edited by gruntfromhalo on Oct 11, 2009 at 12:40 PM

your pm was to save people the nagging back and forth between you and I.
for the record. I don't hate you. you have just never been polite to me from the begining. Agian this is not about you or me. I opoligize Lets put or diffrence's aside and try to get along ok?

Greenfuzz

PM me if you have CoD MW for Wii

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 01:41 PM    Msg. 14 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Buggy Virus
People say that violent/explicit games haven't really had an effect on them, but you're wrong, most people I know who hadn't been exposed to more mature content until an older than other people's age I have to say are generally more mature and nicer people.

This is truth. ESRB is a bad rating system

Example: They rated a Zelda game "Teen" :\

SwordMa5ster

Come get some!!!

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 01:59 PM    Msg. 15 of 99       
I personally don't give a damn about the ESRB ratings, if I want to play a game I'm going to play it whether the ESRB says its appropriate or not.
Edited by SwordMa5ster on Oct 11, 2009 at 01:59 PM

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 02:10 PM    Msg. 16 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Scott
It is actually a good reminder to everyone that for those of us whose age is far and above any ESRB recommendation that there would normally be an expectation of a certain level of maturity from the players and forum members who own the game.

If I actually enforced an age limit on the forum there would be maybe a dozen or less of us left. However the rules of conduct of the forum are based on what should be expected from someone older than 17 years of age.

The ESRB ratings are guidelines and recommendations for parents to make the decision as to the appropriateness of any video game for their children. Ultimately it is up to the parents to decide. I wish more of them would.
Edited by Dennis on Oct 11, 2009 at 02:10 PM

anonymous_2009

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 02:21 PM    Msg. 17 of 99       

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2979

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Oct 11, 2009 at 02:31 PM

xsnoder

~xofect~flem~

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 02:57 PM    Msg. 18 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Dennis

It is actually a good reminder to everyone that for those of us whose age is far and above any ESRB recommendation that there would normally be an expectation of a certain level of maturity from the players and forum members who own the game.

If I actually enforced an age limit on the forum there would be maybe a dozen or less of us left. However the rules of conduct of the forum are based on what should be expected from someone older than 17 years of age.

The ESRB ratings are guidelines and recommendations for parents to make the decision as to the appropriateness of any video game for their children. Ultimately it is up to the parents to decide. I wish more of them would.

I agree. Parents should be more involved. I love my children and enjoy bieng apart of there life.

gruntfromhalo

actual loli

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 03:31 PM    Msg. 19 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009

*post deleted by admin for rules violation
READ THE RULES:

Bypassed profanity filter
Edited by Dennis on Oct 11, 2009 at 02:31 PM
Gee, it looks like someone doesn't meet the requirements :3

SegwayMaster1324

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 03:33 PM    Msg. 20 of 99       
Maturity > Age
But ...
Age =/= Maturity
all of the time ..
Edited by SegwayMaster1324 on Oct 11, 2009 at 03:36 PM

Wolf_

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 03:49 PM    Msg. 21 of 99       

This, however how many beneath the recomended age you think actually asks their parents?

CorruptedHalo

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 04:14 PM    Msg. 22 of 99       
An M rated game is NOT an Ao game. There is a difference.
I think if the ERSB revised Halo 1's rating and compared it to the games coming out today that are rated M (such as Fallout 3 and Gears of War) they would probably change it to T.

Buggy Virus

Tastes like happiness

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 04:27 PM    Msg. 23 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Greenfuzz
Quote: --- Original message by: Buggy Virus

This is truth. ESRB is a bad rating system

Example: They rated a Zelda game "Teen" :\

I have alwaysed wished that another rating system would be used instead of ESRB, I've seen quite good ones that have most mature content in the ESRB system at Fifteen years old or thirteen

anonymous_2009

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 06:45 PM    Msg. 24 of 99       
You know, tbqh. If members here are able to play Halo, then I am sure they can all read abusive words without being insulted... Just an idea.

Scott

No.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 07:05 PM    Msg. 25 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: anonymous_2009
You know, tbqh. If members here are able to play Halo, then I am sure they can all read abusive words without being insulted... Just an idea.

You don't have to be a member to view these forums, meaning its the same as having a billboard on the highway.

Keep your discussions civil and there will be no problems.

Dark

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 07:30 PM    Msg. 26 of 99       
Ok guys lets face the facts letting kids play these violent video games will prepare them for what they may see during the zombie Apocalypse or just the plain old end of the world

also ive been playing halo since 6th grade
and ive been playing 1st and 3rd person shooters since 4th grade and i also have not comited murder :D

alos one of my friends has been playing halo since 3nd grade :o
Edited by Dark on Oct 11, 2009 at 07:33 PM

FlyAwayNow

Triage at Dawn

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 08:06 PM    Msg. 27 of 99       
I blame a good ehh 1/4 on Jack Thompson.

Anyway yeah Video Games are for the sake of killing your minds, then trying to get them back. Fine they may or maynot be for the best but hey. They let you see whats beyond.

Mysterion

Nice shot, but too bad your @$$ just got SACKED!!!

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 08:21 PM    Msg. 28 of 99       
Being one of the "old" guys, my 13 year old son and I were just playing the game together this afternoon. It is, in my humble opinion, one of the milder games out there, and has allowed us many fun times battling online. We'll download a map on a couple of PCs, and have fun exploring together. Although I personally love playing Doom3 and ROE, I will not let him play that game yet due to the level of violence.

Custom Edition allows for so much creativity for many of the bright young minds that visit this forum, and this will no doubt, lead to even bigger things for some when they are older.

Dennis

"We are made of starstuff. ― Carl Sagan

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 08:31 PM    Msg. 29 of 99       
Quote: --- Original message by: Silent STRKR
The rules are more like guidlines
Not here. In this forum the rules are the rules. The guidelines have been posted to help people with less experience learn acceptable behaviour. The rules are simple short and are enforced the guidelines (obviously) not as much or there would be a lot less members.

READ THE RULES:

Forum Posting Guidelines for New and Old Members
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=27378

Donut

I swear I'm not actually dead

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 09:10 PM    Msg. 30 of 99       

the level of truth in this post is off the charts. parents need to step it up

Cocaine

Can't stop napping.

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 11:21 PM    Msg. 31 of 99       
Mature 17+ just means you need to be above level 17 in maturity. Please go level up if you are not currently above level 17.

sleepy1212

sunnier than you www.quantumfusionclan.com

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 12:00 AM    Msg. 32 of 99       

this. and i seriously doubt anyone will ever get in trouble for letting their kids play halo, if anything it's to keep the guy with coffee burns on his crotch from suing microsoft.

Advancebo

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 12:51 AM    Msg. 33 of 99       
Halo should really be T, except for Halo 3.

Marka Haiyana

w0rt

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 02:00 AM    Msg. 34 of 99       
Unreal Tournament is an M game. GTA is an M game. Manhunt is an M game.

It confuses me why Halo isn't a T-rated game.

But then I look at the Xbox Live community and it's all clear to me...

Dwood

Judge Ye Therefore

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 05:26 AM    Msg. 35 of 99       
Gears of War was M, God of War is M. I honestly don't get how Halo qualifies to be M. It's NOTHING compared to those games. Honestly.

Page 1 of 3 Go to page: · [1] · 2 · 3 · Next

Previous Older Thread    Next newer Thread

Time: Fri October 18, 2019 9:03 PM 281 ms.
A Halo Maps Website